Painted Backwards - Kaiori Breathe

unsigned forum members' tracks & place for feedback
Forum rules
By using this "Dubs" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Production Forum
kaiori breathe

Painted Backwards - Kaiori Breathe

Post by kaiori breathe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Soundcloud

crit for crit and all that stuff...etc

lloydy

Re: Painted Backwards - Kaiori Breathe

Post by lloydy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Love the lush pad on the intro,and the movement is just beautiful.I gonna presume you made that yourself and i must say that there is top notch sound design.If you never i want the sample lol.
It has a sort of film score vibe to it which i am a very big fan of.If you shut your eyes it is so dreamy and the way you bring the rain sample in before the start of the next part was really well worked.
Again the pads on the next part are just as lush,if you don't mind me asking what synth are you using,it sounds like arturias cs 80v.Feeling this bro i really am.
The flute type sample nearly made me do a man jizz and the drums are just pure quality.
I know you play instruments and are pretty good at the theory side of things but this is just exceptional,the way all the pitches bend and just fall into each other is breath taking,i would love half of your knowledge because i believe it would take my music to the next level.
Honestly not much more i can add,the mix sounds tight and it is just a really amazing and different tune so big ups mate i'm in love.
:U:
New Dnb track
Soundcloud

Free Download
Soundcloud

kaiori breathe

Post by kaiori breathe » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Cheers man, thanks for the thoughts. Glad you like it.

Since you asked; the synth I used for most of those pads was sytrus, with some layers done up on FM8 and a couple of absynth presets (yea, ino, presets are bad, but if the sound you want already exists why make it again yourself?). And, the intro, I had actually written a short 32 bar chord progression using, again, sytrus, with some oriental instruments and a guitar I think playing melodies over the top - but in the end I decided not to use it for anything - too hard to follow it up, it had some really awkward phrasing that just didn't translate to a dubsteppish track. I still wanted to use it for something though, so I changed the key and time stretched it so I could use it in this, it seemed to fit well enough to include it, and I had wanted an atmospheric intro for this one anyway.

Hope that helps :/ - and if you've anything you want checked out lemme know.

lloydy

Post by lloydy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:06 pm

http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=247454

If you don't mind having a listen.
Cheers mate.
New Dnb track
Soundcloud

Free Download
Soundcloud

InternetSlaveMaster

Post by InternetSlaveMaster » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:13 am

That intro pad bit really sets the mood. As Lloydy said, very cinematic. Beautiful sound design, as always coming from you.

I like the rain at around 2 minutes as the pad goes out. However, when the pad/synth comes back in, I think it's a little abrupt. That might have been what you were going for, but personally it sounds out of place to me.

Besides the abruptness, the pad work is still very nice. That flute is amazing as well, with the rain samples still going strong it definitely creates something beautiful.

Love the parts from 3.30 on. Reminds me a lot of If I Could Live in That Moment (one of my top 10 favorite electronic tracks, BTW). No complaints from me at this part, the mixing is perfect, everything vibes.

That break is nice too (sorry for my redundancy). Nice atmosphere and what not.

Drop back in at around 5.00 picks things back up again, keeps the tune moving. Once that is over with, the return the pads and flute is a nice wind down, and ending with that rain/thunder sample is just the icing on the cake. You've really capture a moment with this one, which isn't something I find myself thinking a lot.

Love your tunes man, I guess my biggest piece of feedback (as everything else I've said thus far is fairly useless) is keep it up!

Wouldn't mind it if you gave me some feedback on the tune in my signature.. I haven't got a thread on DSF for it though, I'd love it if you would PM me your thoughts or SC comment or something.

The tune is for the Pokemon compilation I'm running where we're writing tracks about all the original Pokemon. Mine's based on Articuno, here's the backstory:

"A traveler is venturing to Seafoam Island to investigate the wildlife and other happenings of the island. Upon approaching, he is greeted with beautiful sights of natural ice landscaping and various Pokemon. However, losing track of time and reality, he ventures far too deep into the cavern to be able to escape. Without food, he slowly begins to die. However, right before his death, Articuno makes its majestic appearance, and after the sight the man happily dies."

Not sure if you were into Pokemon growing up and I probably sound really nerdy but yeah, thought it was worth mentioning :lol:

ANYWAYS, great tune man, I listen to your stuff all the time.

kaiori breathe

Post by kaiori breathe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:54 pm

sent you a pm on soundcloud bro :)