Benji - XXIII [110/Dubstep]

unsigned forum members' tracks & place for feedback
Forum rules
By using this "Dubs" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Production Forum
Benji

Benji - XXIII [110/Dubstep]

Post by Benji » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:45 am

Soundcloud

I'd really like some feedback the mixdown

Sure_Fire

Re: Benji - XXIII [110/Dubstep]

Post by Sure_Fire » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:52 pm

Seems to be like the kick is clashing with the bassline a bit, I'd give it a fairly decent sidechain, will help it come through nicely. The bassline would probably sound better with a bit of pumping anyway. I'd also throw a low pass on the bass to cut those nasty highs, and maybe pan some of the cymbals so the track doesn't sound so mono. Otherwise pretty decent, snare is coming through nicely, those chiptune arps are petty nice.
Soundcloud
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll - Shigeru Miyamoto
https://soundcloud.com/photonman

Benji

Re: Benji - XXIII [110/Dubstep]

Post by Benji » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Cheers for the feedback, I brought the drums through a little bit more and removed some of the harsher frequencies from the bassline