High Bodies - Stablility (Dance/Excellent Sound Design)

unsigned forum members' tracks & place for feedback
Forum rules
By using this "Dubs" sub-forum, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed with our terms of use for this site. Click HERE to read them. If you do not agree to our terms of use, you must exit this site immediately. We do not accept any responsibility for the content, submissions, information or links contained herein. Users posting content here, do so completely at their own risk.

Quick Link to Production Forum
HighBodies

High Bodies - Stablility (Dance/Excellent Sound Design)

Post by HighBodies » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Soundcloud

Hello,

High Bodies is a collaboration of two very great producers of EDM. Please enjoy :)

Taiken

Re: High Bodies - Stablility (Dance/Excellent Sound Design)

Post by Taiken » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:32 pm

I don't know whats excellent about this, I think its very repetitive and uninnovative.
TENGU SOUNDSYSTEM // TENGU COLLECTIVE

Links
http://soundcloud.com/djtaiken
http://tengucollective.ch/

HighBodies

Post by HighBodies » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:41 pm

Listen to the other song it also has excellent sound design

kudos

Post by kudos » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:51 pm

The tracks are very bland. The sound design is not excellent.

skins345669

Post by skins345669 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 pm

your mum telling you the sound design is excellent does not count smh

even if she did say that, she didn't mean it

HighBodies

Post by HighBodies » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:31 pm

you mad bro?

andyyhitscar

Post by andyyhitscar » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:23 pm

skins345669 wrote:your mum telling you the sound design is excellent does not count smh

even if she did say that, she didn't mean it
lol skins but you probably still live with you mum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wub

Post by wub » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Clean mixdown, melody you've got going on gets a little repetitive though. Also felt there wasn't a lot of progression to the song, like it was almost twice as long as it needed to be given the number of hook elements you've got going on. I'd suggest shortening the intro by at least 16bars and maybe trimming down the middle likewise, otherwise it feels like it's taking a long time to tell a short story.

andyyhitscar

Post by andyyhitscar » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:45 pm

very nice

HighBodies

Post by HighBodies » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:38 am

what do you think about our song leather glow?

gen_

Post by gen_ » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:32 am

Same story. Wub said it right, it's taking very long to tell a short story. If you have to skip through it then you're doing something wrong.

Also, we like humble people here. If you have excellent sound design people here will tell you.

Claiming that you do in your title is like standing up in the classroom and claiming to be the best producer... if you can back it up, instead of getting applause you will get grumbles of 'yeah, it's alright I guess', and if you can't we'll have a barbeque and you'll be the chicken.

FloyMaloy

Post by FloyMaloy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:36 pm

i thought it was great.. i especially liked the last 10 seconds, which i thought was excellent use of the kick drum..

"leather glow" is nothing short of genius,, it reminded me of why i got into production in the first place..

Debaser1

Post by Debaser1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:13 pm

I think firstly you're coming into this with the wrong attitude with bragging 'excellent sound design' and whatnot. Those of us who've been here for a few years know that the only way DSF can stay alive is with an aspect of family and humble attitudes towards one and other. No label will sign you based on your bragging rights, they will based on your music alone. But that's enough of my rant...

As for the track, isolated from your comments, it's good. I mean, I agree with everyone else with the repetitive nature, but thats the style you're working with so I guess that's fine. If I were you I'd filter the low end out of those kicks in the intro because when the bass arrives it doesn't feel impacting enough with how bassy that kick is in the intro. The main synth is clever, I like its sound and melody. My biggest problem however is that it feels a little bit like you've used presets for everything and not used any plugins to make them sound your own. I could be completely wrong (I apologise if I am) but it just lacks personality and character for me. There are plenty of tracks in this style that feel very unique and made with passion (stuff by Kolsch etc), and before you start injecting that soul and personality into your tracks then you won't get noticed.
Overall it's decent I'd say, but a little bland. Put stuff in it that excites YOU and stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. If you want to gain credit for your work that'll come in time rather than asking for it. Keep it up anyway :).
Soundcloud - DEEP, EVIL, BASS
I AM RUFA http://www.soundcloud.com/rufaproducer
kaiori breathe wrote:Congratulations, you've discovered how to move from one chord to another...

HighBodies

Post by HighBodies » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:49 am

thank you everyone for all your opinions. First off, if I come off as bragging to anyone or not humble, we don't really give a fuck that's your problem. Cry about it to your mother. Also claiming that you know how everyone feels on this forum is getting a bit ahead of yourself... gen_....

People have been bragging about their music ever since music has been around for instance bach beethoven, stravinsky etc... If I think our music is dope I am not going to beat around the bush about how hard we worked on sound design, melodies, harmonies. I know putting "excellent sound design" catches peoples attention, I'm glad it did for you all.

Debaser - My attitude is excellent because I am optimistic for my groups music. I think any record label would be happy to have that. Even that you assume that is even our prerogative gives me the idea that you are in fact the one with a bad attitude. Never said I gave a fuck about what anyone thinks or am asking for credit. The kick has low end cut out, please listen with a sub. We don't use presets we make our own Thank you!

IRRAIK_304

Post by IRRAIK_304 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:00 am

i like it a lot. the synth is great.

sobie

Post by sobie » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:55 am

Mix down critique, your kick is extremely muddy and is way to boomy. The track lacks any sort of space. The intro is very long, really you can do anything to spice up a generic DJ house lead it then just LP filtering your songs main idea. Overall very repetitive I know were in the realm of dance music but you can do a lot of things to let your listener feel like the record isn't on a loop.

Debaser1

Post by Debaser1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:54 am

HighBodies wrote:
Debaser - My attitude is excellent because I am optimistic for my groups music. I think any record label would be happy to have that. Even that you assume that is even our prerogative gives me the idea that you are in fact the one with a bad attitude. Never said I gave a fuck about what anyone thinks or am asking for credit. The kick has low end cut out, please listen with a sub. We don't use presets we make our own Thank you!
1 - I think the majority of people here will claim that your attitude is not excellent.
2 - If you think that any record label would be proud to have that then prove it to me, go on.
3 - What exactly shows my bad attitude? Feel free to sit there sifting through my several hundred posts over the last 4 years and present this to me. People who know me know I do not display a bad attitude.
4 - If you "dont give a fuck about what anyone thinks" then why post it in the "Dubs forum for feedback"? Idiot.
5 - I listen with my studio monitors, that I've had for the last 5 years that are industry standard. Remember, assuming makes an ass out of you and me (but extra specially you). :a:
6 - Serious point, I'm glad you make your own sounds (not that there is anything wrong with using presets) but I still personally feel that some of the sounds are a little lifeless. It needs to breath more and have it's own signature sound on some level. Every respected musician in any field has made it to where they are today by following their beliefs and creating their own style, to a degree.
7 - ...and most importantly. Learn to take some fucking criticism without reacting like a spoilt child. At no point did I slate you or say anything beyond the realms of reason in my original crit. I gave you very honest and detailed criticism (more so than most others bother to give) on your track; which is what you asked for. Criticism of any kind is a healthy process, as it is the only way to get better at what you do. Let other people give you praise like "excellent sound design", it's impossible to comment like that on your own work. I suggest you get used to hearing bad things about your work, as if I'm completely honest, the hugely vast majrity of record labels will feel the same about this track. What you have to get into your head is that negative feedback is a good thing. Nobody is perfect, especially to begin with. You mentioned Beethoven and such, but you have to remember that he was probably shit at composing at one stage, and it took his peers/family/etc to tell him what was good and what wasn't for him to improve.

Right, i'm not saying your track is bad, it isn't. Now pull your head out of your arse and listen to what your listening public have to tell you. I hope you've learned something :t:
kaiori breathe wrote:Congratulations, you've discovered how to move from one chord to another...

Debaser1

Post by Debaser1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:54 am

HighBodies wrote:
1 - I think the majority of people here will claim that your attitude is not excellent.
2 - If you think that any record label would be proud to have that then prove it to me, go on.
3 - What exactly shows my bad attitude? Feel free to sit there sifting through my several hundred posts over the last 4 years and present this to me. People who know me know I do not display a bad attitude.
4 - If you "dont give a fuck about what anyone thinks" then why post it in the "Dubs forum for feedback"? Idiot.
5 - I listen with my studio monitors, that I've had for the last 5 years that are industry standard. Remember, assuming makes an ass out of you and me (but extra specially you). :a:
6 - Serious point, I'm glad you make your own sounds (not that there is anything wrong with using presets) but I still personally feel that some of the sounds are a little lifeless. It needs to breath more and have it's own signature sound on some level. Every respected musician in any field has made it to where they are today by following their beliefs and creating their own style, to a degree.
7 - ...and most importantly. Learn to take some fucking criticism without reacting like a spoilt child. At no point did I slate you or say anything beyond the realms of reason in my original crit. I gave you very honest and detailed criticism (more so than most others bother to give) on your track; which is what you asked for. Criticism of any kind is a healthy process, as it is the only way to get better at what you do. Let other people give you praise like "excellent sound design", it's impossible to comment like that on your own work. I suggest you get used to hearing bad things about your work, as if I'm completely honest, the hugely vast majrity of record labels will feel the same about this track. What you have to get into your head is that negative feedback is a good thing. Nobody is perfect, especially to begin with. You mentioned Beethoven and such, but you have to remember that he was probably shit at composing at one stage, and it took his peers/family/etc to tell him what was good and what wasn't for him to improve.

Right, i'm not saying your track is bad, it isn't. Now pull your head out of your arse and listen to what your listening public have to tell you. I hope you've learned something :t:

Soul_Of_Seun

Post by Soul_Of_Seun » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:13 am

These tracks are just ok. The sound design is actually decent enough, but as previously mentioned, these tracks don't progress very well. They're monotonous in their repetition. And The kick is quite weak so follow the previous advice there on eq'ing them. Also, try not to be such a massive fucking dick.
Soundcloud

Mystical

gen_

Post by gen_ » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:23 am

I hate to give a big up for something negative, but I have to big up Debaser cos if that was me my reply would have got me a ban lol.

Especially when HB takes it to other threads and starts telling others they 'Need more variation' in a somewhat bratty manner.