@CVRS: Snare doesnt work for me imo

@lemonnick: like the percussion on wildlife, nice track

little housey wip
Soundcloud

ezza
THE POOREST

Re: Feedback Thread

Post by ezza » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:11 pm

@olliescott love this one man the pad and drums work real nicely together. Tune in your sig is sick aswell man big ups.

Sorta finished this one. My speakers are pretty shit for gettin sub right so not sure how it sounds to you guys.

Soundcloud
DiegoSapiens wrote:thats so industrial
soronery wrote:New low

Lemonick

Post by Lemonick » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:28 pm

@Agent47 really liking this

@OllieScott thanks a lot!

variete

Post by variete » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 pm

olliescott: pretty nice track! sounds promising - only thing i would work on would be the clap, doesnt have enough punch for me - but might also just be the specific sound you used for it.

latest track here:
Soundcloud

tunabomber

Post by tunabomber » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:53 pm

@Agent47: nice tune. the bassdrum sounded a little bit too harsh at first, but it works niceley when the other elements come in. kind of reminded me of the dom perignon ep.
@variete: feeling this a lot, great vibes, sick bassline. i would play both of these tunes out.

my latest one:
Soundcloud

JimmaJamJamie

Post by JimmaJamJamie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Aiming for pretty ambient Techno here, let me know on any criticism:

Soundcloud

@Agent 47 - That tune is big, feeling the drums and the synth that comes in.

Deerob

Post by Deerob » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Something 'Deeviant' :)
If you're up for it, just visit my SC for free downloads and some debut album ('Deevolution') previews.
Have a nice day!

Soundcloud
Free Electronica/House/Trance/Deestep
Also some preview samples from the upcoming debut album 'Deevolution'

Soundcloud

chazzzza

Post by chazzzza » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:43 pm

@deerob real head nodding tune and the bass is real nice.

deep house bit: Soundcloud

Capture pt

Post by Capture pt » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:12 pm

chazzzza wrote:@deerob real head nodding tune and the bass is real nice.

deep house bit: Soundcloud

Interesting vibe on this one... it's almost more dubtechno for me just to throw a pigeon hole out there. (based on the softer kick and sound palette you've gone for) For me the melody doesn't gel, it sounds very underproduced when there is a massive gap for some really detailed dubby stabs or a deep organ sound. It's a good direction to go with tho, dubby house/techno is awesome and the world always needs more.

Deerob wrote:Something 'Deeviant' :)
If you're up for it, just visit my SC for free downloads and some debut album ('Deevolution') previews.
Have a nice day!

Soundcloud

This track is more classic electro house I guess - really not my bag but in the aim for feedback I'm going to remain objective and thus impartial to my feelings about electro house :lol:

The intro is actually sick, nice teasers and use of bitcrushing with what I assume is a performance LFO or somthing I dunno, good effect tho. The mix is quite punchy, the kick sits well and the white (ish) noise coming from the main synth doesn't get over powering. And of course everyone loves chopped vocals so you get bonus points there. The more I listen to it the more it reminds me of some of Mark Ronson's tunes like 4/5 year ago.

In terms of feedback, I think the arpeggiated blips and blops sound a bit generic - I don't mean to offend but in a genre that is literally riddled with arps I think there is room to be a bit more creative. Maybe think about using a polyrhythm on the arp to break that ridgid mold electro tracks all to often fall into.

I came away enjoying the track and getting over my thing of electro... so good job there, nice track.
JimmaJamJamie wrote:Aiming for pretty ambient Techno here, let me know on any criticism:

Soundcloud

@Agent 47 - That tune is big, feeling the drums and the synth that comes in.
This is a cool track, the snare works great with the kick and actually (for me) adds a sense of urgency and sort of... looming pressure awaiting around the corner - basically it would be a sick into track into a mix. Again always a fan of dubby stuff so hits my buttons. My criticism would be the pads and melody - the sound design works well together but I'd like to hear more complexity on the higher pad - some cool like elctronica 1990's video game style blade runner/deus ex type synth work. Could make the track really evil and dark, and make that sense of urgency I mention earlier boil up to something really quite stunning once you get it on a system.

-------------------------------

Right here is my track - for fans of Dusky, Flashmob, Karri Chandler and other deep housey type stuff I guess.

Soundcloud

Really need some quality feedback on this one as I've reached a point where I am at a loss at to how to continue or add finishing touches to the track.

Cheers

JimmaJamJamie

Post by JimmaJamJamie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Capture pt wrote:
JimmaJamJamie wrote:Aiming for pretty ambient Techno here, let me know on any criticism:

Soundcloud
This is a cool track, the snare works great with the kick and actually (for me) adds a sense of urgency and sort of... looming pressure awaiting around the corner - basically it would be a sick into track into a mix. Again always a fan of dubby stuff so hits my buttons. My criticism would be the pads and melody - the sound design works well together but I'd like to hear more complexity on the higher pad - some cool like elctronica 1990's video game style blade runner/deus ex type synth work. Could make the track really evil and dark, and make that sense of urgency I mention earlier boil up to something really quite stunning once you get it on a system.
Sick, thanks a lot for the detailed view man. It's definitely intended as a intro track and i wanna do more with the top synth, just need to get better at my melody work.

Capture pt

Post by Capture pt » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:44 am

Don't mention it, was a pleasure. I've not done any real melody work for a while but when I was making more dubby techno stuff and had to make a melody I'd just twat random keys with record on for 5 minutes and then go back through with the hope that one or two chords might actually sound alright haha.

seanfromiran1

Post by seanfromiran1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:40 pm

@Capture
Take a bit of reverb off the clap, then every 2/4 bars put the reverb you have on now on a hit or two.
Synth that comes in at 2:37 should come in a bit more smoothly, feels a bit abrupt, also you could let the delay ride out on occasion before coming in with some new midi.
You could play with the resonance a bit more on that bassline.
Put the closed hat on quarter notes on occasion, break up that 1/16th rhythm you got going.
IMO
good track overall, but like you said it needs more variation to keep it interesting, 7 minute tracks are tough!

Capture pt

Post by Capture pt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:11 pm

seanfromiran1 wrote:@Capture
Take a bit of reverb off the clap, then every 2/4 bars put the reverb you have on now on a hit or two.
Synth that comes in at 2:37 should come in a bit more smoothly, feels a bit abrupt, also you could let the delay ride out on occasion before coming in with some new midi.
You could play with the resonance a bit more on that bassline.
Put the closed hat on quarter notes on occasion, break up that 1/16th rhythm you got going.
IMO
good track overall, but like you said it needs more variation to keep it interesting, 7 minute tracks are tough!

Interesting thoughts, I will try all this out later - especially that reverb tip on the clap. Thanks man!

Ayatollah

Post by Ayatollah » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:18 pm

@variete: this is a proper tune, I love it.

@tunabomber: I really like the ambience but the beat is a bit too straightforward for my taste.

@JimmaJamJamie: again, the beat sounds kinda "weaksaucey" and straightforward.

@chazza: you should try layering your kicks, hi-hats and snares. it's a bit too dissonant for my taste tbh, but keep it up :)

This is my newest one, UKG:
Soundcloud

Dystinkt

Post by Dystinkt » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:08 pm

AYatollah- beautiful track, love it man. relly nice beat, nice riffs, well mixed and the vocal is really nice. the only thing id say to improve is to work on the basslines a bit more, they sound a bit flat and cheap at times

Capture pt- really nice track, nice vox and a nice bassline, however i think that structurally the track breaks into the main riff a bit too soon, i htink you could build it up a lot more at the start, but take that with a pinch of salt im no house expert haha i really really enjoyed it otherwise and id definitely play this out man:)

chazzzzza- the beat and pads are nice, but the melody really stands out and it doesnt fit with the rest of the song, either change the sound or maybe look at a different riff, it makes the song as a hwole sound cheesy when it has a helll of a lot of potential mate.

I've never made house before this, my first ever attempt so far -

Soundcloud

dublerium

Post by dublerium » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Lye Form wrote:Mmmm lots of nice 4x4 stuff in here.

My contribution:

Soundcloud

Hello,

In regards to this tune could you enlighten me on how you got your kick drum sounding that way if that's cool.

Charlie

bkwsk

Post by bkwsk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Cheeky wrote:I've never made house before this, my first ever attempt so far -

Soundcloud
Pretty nice, although I think I would lower the volume on those synth strings a little, they're a little too much for my taste.

Here's my latest tune, I tried to get some Jimpster-like vibes (oh I love Jimpster so much).

Any comments or feedback are greatly appreciated :) .

Soundcloud

Tenebriated

Post by Tenebriated » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:46 am

dublerium wrote:
Lye Form wrote:Mmmm lots of nice 4x4 stuff in here.

My contribution:

Soundcloud

Hello,

In regards to this tune could you enlighten me on how you got your kick drum sounding that way if that's cool.

Charlie
aye that kick is fucking tidy

ezza
THE POOREST

Post by ezza » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:31 am

wrong thread :oops:
Last edited by ezza on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiegoSapiens wrote:thats so industrial
soronery wrote:New low

himmel

Post by himmel » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:01 am

Soundcloud
Anyone feel like laying down some criticism ?