NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

?
lysterbes
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Location: Utrecht

NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by lysterbes » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:53 pm



:P:
Last edited by lysterbes on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

8022
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Liverpool - Bristol

Re: Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by 8022 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Big!

User avatar
JimmaJamJamie
Posts: 3451
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Re: Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by JimmaJamJamie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Nice, hope they are working on an album.

lysterbes
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Location: Utrecht

Re: Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by lysterbes » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Oh lol, boddika just said on facebook that it's not theirs haha. Dope tune nontheless

kuklee
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:02 am

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by kuklee » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 pm

this just proves that 90% of the new producers or w/e don't even sit down n try to come up with new sounds...they'd just copy what's already out there.
Result: ppl end up think that ur tune was made by boddika lol. Nice publicity, but i'd be ashamed. :oops: :a:

User avatar
Capture pt
Posts: 1294
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:19 am
Location: Southampton

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by Capture pt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 pm

I like production on the melody but the drums really need work on this one. IMHO of course.


still drop a couple of triggas too it tho.

User avatar
untightled
Posts: 1512
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:50 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by untightled » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:12 am

lol
alex bk-bk wrote:its not an ep its 1 track

User avatar
q-t
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by q-t » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Are you joking?

The drums sounds like presets, reverb sounds cheap and the extremely metallic "chord" will probably hurt your ears played out loud.
The arrangement is very predictable too.
It's not very bad, but it isn't even close to Mercy and Froth in terms of production.

skimpi
Posts: 4241
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 am

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by skimpi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:01 pm

q-t wrote:Are you joking?

The drums sounds like presets, reverb sounds cheap and the extremely metallic "chord" will probably hurt your ears played out loud.
The arrangement is very predictable too.
It's not very bad, but it isn't even close to Mercy and Froth in terms of production.
Would you be saying that if you thought it was them though? :P
TopManLurka wrote: thanks for confirming
OiOiii #BELTER

User avatar
q-t
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by q-t » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:26 pm

skimpi wrote:
q-t wrote:Are you joking?

The drums sounds like presets, reverb sounds cheap and the extremely metallic "chord" will probably hurt your ears played out loud.
The arrangement is very predictable too.
It's not very bad, but it isn't even close to Mercy and Froth in terms of production.
Would you be saying that if you thought it was them though? :P
That question isn't relevant, since there's no way that track would be made by them.
I don't mean to be rude, if that's the way I come off, I'm just amazed that you guys can't hear the huge difference in production quality.

skimpi
Posts: 4241
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 am

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by skimpi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:14 pm

q-t wrote:
skimpi wrote:
q-t wrote:Are you joking?

The drums sounds like presets, reverb sounds cheap and the extremely metallic "chord" will probably hurt your ears played out loud.
The arrangement is very predictable too.
It's not very bad, but it isn't even close to Mercy and Froth in terms of production.
Would you be saying that if you thought it was them though? :P
That question isn't relevant, since there's no way that track would be made by them.
I don't mean to be rude, if that's the way I come off, I'm just amazed that you guys can't hear the huge difference in production quality.
Haha, nah like when I heard it, I was like how could you think this was joy o and bods, it sounds so shit. But then I was like, if I didnt know it wasnt them, would I think it was just a slightly less good tune by them.
TopManLurka wrote: thanks for confirming
OiOiii #BELTER

kuklee
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:02 am

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by kuklee » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:41 pm

OH Hol' 'arn. So basically it was like this:

Step1: XYZ posts his/her tune on youtube claiming it's boddika n joy o
Step2: everyone goes mental, hype starts -> quotes: "nice", "big", "dear god this is fantastic", "great - can't wait 'til it comes out in 2015"...
Step3: Boddika says it's not his
Step4: Ppl start saying it's shit

Think about it...

jezz1
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:36 am
Location: Brighton
Contact:

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by jezz1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:07 pm

kuklee wrote:OH Hol' 'arn. So basically it was like this:

Step1: XYZ posts his/her tune on youtube claiming it's boddika n joy o
Step2: everyone goes mental, hype starts -> quotes: "nice", "big", "dear god this is fantastic", "great - can't wait 'til it comes out in 2015"...
Step3: Boddika says it's not his
Step4: Ppl start saying it's shit

Think about it...
this.

User avatar
untightled
Posts: 1512
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:50 pm
Location: Amsterdam

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by untightled » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:11 pm

kuklee wrote:OH Hol' 'arn. So basically it was like this:

Step1: XYZ posts his/her tune on youtube claiming it's boddika n joy o
Step2: everyone goes mental, hype starts -> quotes: "nice", "big", "dear god this is fantastic", "great - can't wait 'til it comes out in 2015"...
Step3: Boddika says it's not his
Step4: Ppl start saying it's shit

Think about it...
alex bk-bk wrote:its not an ep its 1 track

User avatar
q-t
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by q-t » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 pm

kuklee wrote:OH Hol' 'arn. So basically it was like this:

Step1: XYZ posts his/her tune on youtube claiming it's boddika n joy o
Step2: everyone goes mental, hype starts -> quotes: "nice", "big", "dear god this is fantastic", "great - can't wait 'til it comes out in 2015"...
Step3: Boddika says it's not his
Step4: Ppl start saying it's shit

Think about it...
Just shows that people generally care more about the name behind the music than it's actual qualities.
I genuinely want to think that this scene goes against this mentality, but seing this and similar cases have kind of made me lose my faith.
This mentality is also the reason to why many people are afraid to play and support new artists and styles, resulting in every new producer sounding the same and playing the same sets.

User avatar
OllieScott
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Essex

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by OllieScott » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:46 pm

names and labels definitely are gonna build hype, but i wouldn't call this tune shit. I don't think sicko cell would of been the tune it is, if it weren't for all the dj's playing it and keeping everything under wraps.

I do feel that i could tell it wasnt up to joy o and boddika's standard when i first heard it (drums gave it away for me). I would still buy the tune if it was available though

User avatar
q-t
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by q-t » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:57 pm

OllieScott wrote:I don't think sicko cell would of been the tune it is, if it weren't for all the dj's playing it and keeping everything under wraps.
This.
While Sicko Cell is alright, the amount of hype around it was just ridiculous and just made it one big joke, if you ask me. I highly doubt it would get that attention if it was a normal release. From my point of view, it was also a serious anti-climax when the tune finally came out and the name was revealed. I generally dislike this tactic and think the tunes should do the talking for themselves.

It must feel weird for Joy O and Boddika when people think they produce this stuff. Probably makes them feel they could get away with whatever, which is exactly what many producers do once they've found a "formula".

User avatar
QuentinisCue
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by QuentinisCue » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Knowing it isn't them hasn't changed the fact I want this
For the Twitter crew
johney wrote:stephen hawking looks like a laptop DJ

nakedlunch
Posts: 795
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:45 pm
Location: http://lnk.ms/0KSYS

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by nakedlunch » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Too much debate about nothing , Dunno who made it , but I think it's a good tune.
http://www.surus.co.uk/naked-lunch/
http://www.youtube.com/user/mickylunch
http://soundcloud.com/nakedlunch

Forthcoming in 2013 - Kevin McPhee , Stingray313 , Endian ,Nubian Mindz...

cakeplz
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: NOT Boddika & Joy O - Space

Post by cakeplz » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:31 pm

kuklee wrote:OH Hol' 'arn. So basically it was like this:

Step1: XYZ posts his/her tune on youtube claiming it's boddika n joy o
Step2: everyone goes mental, hype starts -> quotes: "nice", "big", "dear god this is fantastic", "great - can't wait 'til it comes out in 2015"...
Step3: Boddika says it's not his
Step4: Ppl start saying it's shit

Think about it...
yeh said the same thing int he original thread

true what micky said, tune's a monster. interested in more legitimate news regarding this. and would support on wax
kicks a bit weak though innit

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests