Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Gorgon Sound - Find Jah Way

information about releases and discussion about tunes you heard somewhere (nights, radio, mixes etc)
Forum rules
Thread format: ARTIST - TITLE [LABEL] (cat number and release date optional) and post audio if possible. [Free releases] can be posted here and highlighted after tune information in thread name, but please do not post mixes or dubs here. Requests for tune IDs should go in the dedicated thread.

Postby anadin_xtra » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:23 am

thanks to everyone who suggested red eye...would of struggled to bag it otherwise!
mymatedave wrote:Outlook 2010 > Outlook 2011> everything else..
anadin_xtra

Postby flood » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:40 am

anadin-xtra wrote:thanks to everyone who suggested red eye...would of struggled to bag it otherwise!

yeah i actually impulsively checked red eye a bit ago and now... :W:
flood

Postby PinUp » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:44 am

This is easily my favourite record at the minute, both sides are pure fire
:P: :P: :P:
pkay wrote:I literally can and have mixed about 4 tracks of dubstep solely using my cock.
PinUp

Postby PANORAMICS » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:19 am

thats that shit! shes a beauty :)
PANORAMICS

Postby Doozle » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:06 am

Bought this online on friday, saw it and had to have it. Came this morning, beautiful package, alot of love has gone into this. Tunes are both huge as well :lol:
Doozle

Postby bassrael » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Raad wrote:Arrived today and it's SO FUCKING HEAVY :h: :Q: :i:

Btw, I also ordered some super limited Tape Echo edition of this so I might be interested in selling my current copy to someone who missed out.

pm sent!

I´m on a riot if I don´t get this release :wwf:
bassrael

Postby bassrael » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:44 pm

If anyone has a second copy, or knows where to get the 12" => PLEASE LET ME KNOW

EDIT: just found a copy at Tanty Rec :corndance:
bassrael

Postby Raad » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:15 pm

From facebook:

Kahn wrote:Kahn hmm not sure, it sold out pretty quick.. repress on the way though
Raad

Postby dsprainman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 pm

How can they say limited to 400 then press more the week it sells out?
Shane Says wrote:Swamp is on island time.
dsprainman

Postby sureskank » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:34 pm

dsprainman wrote:How can they say limited to 400 then press more the week it sells out?

They wern't expecting it to sell out so quickly and due to he cost to make it happen they didnt want to over stock it, the demand is there for more to made and they can now afford to. If you have actually seen them they are all hand printed / stamped. So are all effectively unique :)

Biggups on the love for this. Peng Sound! are top boys and there is more to come from them and also Gorgon Sound :W:
The Sureskank Convention - Est. 2006 - @sureskank
sureskank

Postby dsprainman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Yeah it is a great product. Loving both sides of it!
dsprainman

Postby smokeybeenz » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:03 pm

Cant wait for a repress gotta get me a copy of this.

Click here to see it on Mixcloud

"but where is it written that all our dreams must be small ones"
Benjyc & Retina on chatrooms
AIM:retinaproductions
smokeybeenz

Postby jsml » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Repress is a good thing. I didn't buy it cos it's limited, I'd still have bought it if they'd pressed 800 the first time round.
Last edited by jsml on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsml

Postby Phigure » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm

got my copy of the special edition, listening for the first time right now

sounds even better than i imagined... really amazing. can't wait to get to the dubkasm side

has to be one of my favorite purchases in a long time. love the handprinted/stamped stuff. this level of effort and love put into a release is something that's not seen enough.

big big big ups to all involved, this is something beautiful :w:

edit: dubkasm side is bliss :h:
j_j wrote:^lol

Soundcloud | Twitter
Phigure

Postby ossia » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:54 am

ez everyone, just wanted to say a big thanks for all the kind words about the 12". It's nice to see!

Just thought I'd quickly say something about the repress - we gave it a good think, and we really didn't want to come off like hypocrites, saying there would only be 400 in total and then going back on it.
The demand has just been incredible and way higher than expected, and although we want to make it something special, something unique, we also want to push the music and the artists by getting the music out there.
It's still a viny-only release and there will be no digital download available so it's still limited in that sense.

And the repress comes slightly different, not on heavyweight vinyl and without the stamped cardboard sleeves & paper inserts as seen with the first edition 400, the repress comes as standard weight vinyl in a white sleeve with less stamps.
So the first 400 will still always stand out as the special ones.
To be honest we're just happy that the release has been received so well and that people are still buying vinyl, which is something we want to support.

We hope that we haven't upset anyone with this decision and that you understand we didn't intend to make false announcements - the repress is just a reaction to the overwhelming support the 12" has had!

Out to anyone who missed the first press -

check our website, join the mailing list on www.pengsound.co.uk or social media pages to stay in touch and get your copy.
They will be available soon.

Big up and thanks for all your support!

Peng Sound
ossia

Postby dsprainman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:24 am

Didn't want to sound like I was nagging. I'm glad you guys kept the first press special and are keeping the whole thing vinyl only. These are amazing tunes that do need to be in the hands of the real heads. That being said, I hope one repress is enough; I like it when vinyl stays as a sign of the time in which it was released, if that makes sense.
dsprainman

Postby south3rn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:04 am

will be good to have 2 copies, one to batter and one to cherish. will buy again when the second pressing rolls through.
south3rn

Postby sparkinjays » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:55 am

Just ordered a copy on some sketchy reggae site, hope they aren't actually out of stock. If so I'll settle with the repress but it would be nice to have the original edition.
sparkinjays

Postby PinUp » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:23 pm

ossia wrote:ez everyone, just wanted to say a big thanks for all the kind words about the 12". It's nice to see!

Just thought I'd quickly say something about the repress - we gave it a good think, and we really didn't want to come off like hypocrites, saying there would only be 400 in total and then going back on it.
The demand has just been incredible and way higher than expected, and although we want to make it something special, something unique, we also want to push the music and the artists by getting the music out there.
It's still a viny-only release and there will be no digital download available so it's still limited in that sense.

And the repress comes slightly different, not on heavyweight vinyl and without the stamped cardboard sleeves & paper inserts as seen with the first edition 400, the repress comes as standard weight vinyl in a white sleeve with less stamps.
So the first 400 will still always stand out as the special ones.
To be honest we're just happy that the release has been received so well and that people are still buying vinyl, which is something we want to support.

We hope that we haven't upset anyone with this decision and that you understand we didn't intend to make false announcements - the repress is just a reaction to the overwhelming support the 12" has had!

Out to anyone who missed the first press -

check our website, join the mailing list on http://www.pengsound.co.uk or social media pages to stay in touch and get your copy.
They will be available soon.

Big up and thanks for all your support!

Peng Sound

Massive respect, I don't mind the repress, these tunes deserve the recognition!
pkay wrote:I literally can and have mixed about 4 tracks of dubstep solely using my cock.
PinUp

Postby hendramarshall » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 pm

south3rn wrote:will be good to have 2 copies, one to batter and one to cherish. will buy again when the second pressing rolls through.

:z:
"There is a lot of tension in the music that carries a satisfactory darkness with it, but it's also lazy music. You don't have to dance hard to move with it. It was born with a reefer in it's gob."
― Pinch

Grime + Weird Stuff (Summer 2014):
https://soundcloud.com/lindale/summer-2014-mix
twitter: @lindaledj
hendramarshall

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
PreviousNext

Return to Music (Tunes and Releases)