forthcoming TEMPA

information about releases and discussion about tunes you heard somewhere (nights, radio, mixes etc)
Forum rules
Thread format: ARTIST - TITLE [LABEL] (cat number and release date optional) and post audio if possible. [Free releases] can be posted here and highlighted after tune information in thread name, but please do not post mixes or dubs here. Requests for tune IDs should go in the dedicated thread.
DrGatineau

Re: forthcoming TEMPA

Post by DrGatineau » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:52 pm

I get Muncey's point though. It would be nicer to see Tempa sign new "130" artists and shape them into the Tempa sound than to pick & choose tunes from artists that have already been established on Cold, Keysound, Livity etc.

However that's kinda the point of Allstars (Artwork, Loefah, Caspa, Rusko, Martyn, Ramadanman, Icicle, Alix Perez, etc), but if they were to release a bunch of 12"s from Mumdance, Alex Coulton, Wen, Facta, Hodge, etc, that would seem a bit off. Not saying they will do that but it's possible.

At the same time I wouldn't mind a few tunes from the likes of Wen, Facta, etc. If it took over the label yeah that would be a bit weird and I would miss the dubstep but yeah whatever.
Phigure wrote:a life permanently spent off road

not the life for me

RKM

Post by RKM » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:15 pm

pretty sure there's new facta+hodge forthcoming
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:17 am

yep there is.

not the life for me

ultraspatial

Post by ultraspatial » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:18 am

Muncey wrote:Well done on a whole lot of misinterpretations there, that was incredible to read.
:roll:

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Reese_Liar wrote:I don't understand why people are reading so much into the tracklist on the new Allstars, as far as I remember those compilations have never been emblematic of what Tempa generally release. They've always been a little different from the general Tempa output.While that doesn't mean they won't go in the 130 direction full on, don't get your panties twisted prematurely

Also, imo it'd be good if they could shake things up a bit, aside from the Nomine releases and a couple others here and there it's been a pretty bland affair lately. A little innovation would be great regardless of what tempo it might be
Yeah I wasn't reading too much into the allstars its more a combination of the Wen release, allstars, forthcoming hodge & facta + Yunx sets moving in that direction that made me say IF they did move in that direction and IF they decided to just release big names, I'd be disappointed. I dunno whats moaning or getting my panties in a twist prematurely about that tbh, its people reading too much into what I've put and assuming I'm getting all upset about the allstars release, which I've already said I think is a decent release.

I agree Tempa has needed a shake up for a while now, the Nomine stuff is great.. Proxima stuff will be good when it eventually comes out. Wasn't there suppose to be another Kenzo album in the works? Throw in some of that 130 techno as well and I'll be happy.. completely jumping on the 130 techno hype and releasing tunes already being pushed by a number of labels would not be the shake up I'd enjoy tho. (for the last time, IF that was to ever happen.. not saying it will)

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Muncey wrote:its people reading too much into what I've put and assuming I'm getting all upset about the allstars release, which I've already said I think is a decent release.
welcome to my world. :t:

not the life for me

Reese_Liar

Post by Reese_Liar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Muncey wrote:
Reese_Liar wrote:I don't understand why people are reading so much into the tracklist on the new Allstars, as far as I remember those compilations have never been emblematic of what Tempa generally release. They've always been a little different from the general Tempa output.While that doesn't mean they won't go in the 130 direction full on, don't get your panties twisted prematurely

Also, imo it'd be good if they could shake things up a bit, aside from the Nomine releases and a couple others here and there it's been a pretty bland affair lately. A little innovation would be great regardless of what tempo it might be
Yeah I wasn't reading too much into the allstars its more a combination of the Wen release, allstars, forthcoming hodge & facta + Yunx sets moving in that direction that made me say IF they did move in that direction and IF they decided to just release big names, I'd be disappointed. I dunno whats moaning or getting my panties in a twist prematurely about that tbh, its people reading too much into what I've put and assuming I'm getting all upset about the allstars release, which I've already said I think is a decent release.

I agree Tempa has needed a shake up for a while now, the Nomine stuff is great.. Proxima stuff will be good when it eventually comes out. Wasn't there suppose to be another Kenzo album in the works? Throw in some of that 130 techno as well and I'll be happy.. completely jumping on the 130 techno hype and releasing tunes already being pushed by a number of labels would not be the shake up I'd enjoy tho. (for the last time, IF that was to ever happen.. not saying it will)
My post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular and it's certainly fair not to dig the 130 sound - there's a lot of really really great stuff there but also a lot of boring stuff. I don't think it's fair to label what yunx has been playing as techno hype tho. I guess there are lots of differing opinions as to what direction Tempa should move in but at the end of the day they're the ones who decide. I think overall Tempa has been always been pretty solid, so I say give them some credit and wait and see what happens :) :w:
Minimal Motor Skills Mix:
Soundcloud

Reese Liar @ Soundcloud

Riddles

Post by Riddles » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:19 am

holy shit guys, we've almost got a music discussion going on in the Music forum.
soronery wrote:Too easy to sit behind a keyboard with a playlist of dubstep tunes on, arguing about the defintion of a word in relation to a sound.
All that melts away when the lights are down and the bass is up.

ultraspatial

Post by ultraspatial » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:36 am

just got vol 7 and imo it's the weakest one in the series.
innasound tune sounds like a ruffage rip off. same goes for perverse.
wen's tune is kinda alright but like that wen & parris record, it just sounds like a rejected keysound tune adjusted to youngsta's taste

jrkhnds

Post by jrkhnds » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:52 am

Chain Reaction grew immensely on me. played it out twice since its release and it went down well both times. the tune flows so nicely and blends perfectly with those older Headhunter productions; and I'm a sucker for tunes without a complete breakdown/interlude. I can't see this plate leaving my bag anytime soon.
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:33 pm

Yeah rate the Skeptical plate, said in here before I reckon it'll be one that people call an underrated release in a few years when its forgotten about. Its one thats easy not to appreciate, but if you take the time.. its a great release.

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:39 pm

i've always loved chain reaction, and i still do, but i have to say, it's very different, in a way, from most dubstep tunes. so is echo dub. they both sound really "empty" when I'm mixing. like if i blend it with one tune, and then remove the other tune, the energy level goes way down. it goes to show how talented of a DJ yunx is, as they both always sound fantastic in his sets.

Still two of my favorite tunes to listen to, and probably my favorite tempa release this year, possibly with the exception of Allstars V7 (due to the sheer number of quality tracks).

not the life for me

Soul_Of_Seun

Post by Soul_Of_Seun » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:50 am

100% agree on the Skeptical release. 2 really great tunes that are so spacious they're almost empty.
Soundcloud

Mystical

CreamLord

Post by CreamLord » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:46 am

I think Echo Dub is starting to grow on me, I'll give it a bit more time before I buy it though
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

Falx

Post by Falx » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:03 pm

I hated Echo Dub when I first heard it but then it kinda grew on me and now I'm back to disliking it. Chain Reaction is such a shoulder shrugger and both tracks have that real crisp Skeptical sound to 'em. They do sound quite empty when it's isolated from another track during a mix. One thing I hate about Chain Reaction though is the really off-key sample that plays 'round after the second drop. It sounds horrible!

RKM

Post by RKM » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:39 pm

i like echo dub, not in a big rush to buy it , but i do think it'll stand up well in the future, especially compared to other recent release
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Slowpoke

Post by Slowpoke » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:49 am

Slowpoke

Post by Slowpoke » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:19 pm

:buggery:

dsprainman

Post by dsprainman » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:33 pm

All this shit is doo-doo so can we have some new horsepower? Remember when TRG used to release on this label lolololol.
Shane Says wrote: Swamp is on island time.

orangeluva56

Post by orangeluva56 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:05 pm

please release trapped

omg
proud owner of Lurka's only big up
DiegoSapiens wrote:your sig makes me angry ffs^