forthcoming TEMPA

information about releases and discussion about tunes you heard somewhere (nights, radio, mixes etc)
Forum rules
Thread format: ARTIST - TITLE [LABEL] (cat number and release date optional) and post audio if possible. [Free releases] can be posted here and highlighted after tune information in thread name, but please do not post mixes or dubs here. Requests for tune IDs should go in the dedicated thread.
Dubber_Dub

Re: forthcoming TEMPA

Post by Dubber_Dub » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:50 am

Doctor Dave wrote:Nice. Where's the Facta + Hodge tune tho?
here here - maybe a single?
The bass breathes!

Doctor_Dave

Post by Doctor_Dave » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:54 am

Also according to the recent Uprise Audio show, Trust Nobody VIP is getting a release. More SP:MC forthcoming!
dididub wrote:catch em ffs

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:59 am

Doctor Dave wrote:Also according to the recent Uprise Audio show, Trust Nobody VIP is getting a release. More SP:MC forthcoming!
i'm not sure if that's what seven meant by that.

just that it's a dub and the original was a tempa released, not that it's forthcoming. i don't think trust nobody vip is ever gonna come out. it's been a dub for like 6 years i think.
Phigure wrote:a life permanently spent off road

not the life for me

fiveone

Post by fiveone » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:58 pm

wasn't the VIP leaked ages ago?

Semel

Post by Semel » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:21 pm

yeah it leaked, Full vids up on youtubes

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Wen, Batu and Alex Coulton lol.. anyone else feel like this is a bit bandwagon jumpy? Fair enough if thats the direction the label wanna take but they could at least pick some producers that aren't already associated with Cold/Keysound/Livity.

Hope Tempa don't ditch 140 to follow the 130 techno crowd.

Riddles

Post by Riddles » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:18 pm

kinda inclined to agree with Muncey there, pretty uninspired but oh well. Innasound and Perverse bits sound good
soronery wrote:Too easy to sit behind a keyboard with a playlist of dubstep tunes on, arguing about the defintion of a word in relation to a sound.
All that melts away when the lights are down and the bass is up.

bennyfroobs

Post by bennyfroobs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Semel wrote:yeah it leaked, Full vids up on youtubes

it was meant to be given away as a free download ages ago with some other SP release
TopManLurka wrote:FTR, requirements for being a 'head':

-you have to be youngsta
-you must have been in that infamous room of ten people.
-a DMZ release is preferable but not necessary.
-please note that being youngsta is mandatory.

hirszu

Post by hirszu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:50 pm

I feel the same but on the other hand wasn't Tempa Allstars always the series that showcased something a bit different?

Riddles

Post by Riddles » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:56 pm

not really, the allstar releases have been good and had the occasional oddball but most of the time they were just good tunes at the time.

Looking back obviously Allstars 2 is standout, but at that time there weren't many people making dubstep and so they kinda had to be on it. Others have great tunes but weren't gamechangers imo.
soronery wrote:Too easy to sit behind a keyboard with a playlist of dubstep tunes on, arguing about the defintion of a word in relation to a sound.
All that melts away when the lights are down and the bass is up.

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Imo Tempa seems to be setting up some "fallback plans" in case dubstep just totally dies (which I don't see happening but whatever). It seems like they are a bit worried that the 130 sound is just gonna completely take over the dubstep scene, and they want to get ahead on the game in case that happens so that they don't become immediately irrelevant if it happens.

But obviously i'm not a mindreader and I could be completely wrong lol. Maybe they just dig the sound and want to release 130 tunes.

However I totally agree Muncey - I hope they don't ditch 140 and I hope they realize that the VAST majority of their fans are fans because of the quality 140 they've been releasing for a decade.
Phigure wrote:a life permanently spent off road

not the life for me

Doctor_Dave

Post by Doctor_Dave » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:42 pm

I think the label will start to release (for the most part) a blend of 140 and 130 stuff, just as what Yunx is feeling in his Rinse shows. Nothing wrong in that IMO. Adds a lot more variety.
dididub wrote:catch em ffs

Johoosh

Post by Johoosh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Nah you lot are reading a bit much into it i reckon

Tempa seems to be run almost entirely by Yunx over the past 2 years or so, this new Tempa allstars accurately reflects his selection right now, 130/140 split
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory

bennyfroobs

Post by bennyfroobs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:22 pm

yeah i get the impression its basically still just what yunx likes to play haha, as always
TopManLurka wrote:FTR, requirements for being a 'head':

-you have to be youngsta
-you must have been in that infamous room of ten people.
-a DMZ release is preferable but not necessary.
-please note that being youngsta is mandatory.

baddis98

Post by baddis98 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Muncey wrote:Wen, Batu and Alex Coulton lol.. anyone else feel like this is a bit bandwagon jumpy? Fair enough if thats the direction the label wanna take but they could at least pick some producers that aren't already associated with Cold/Keysound/Livity.
couldn't agree more. not a single "tempa artist" on there and half of the tunes are different to what tempa usually stands for (bpm-wise). some decent tunes on there, but no belters.
in a perfect world allstars vol 7 would've been tempa100 and there would've been some lost dubs on there like filth remix, crack bong remix and momentum to name a few. i guess that was just my wet dream...

RKM

Post by RKM » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:37 pm

hmmm i would love that, but doing tempa100 lost dubs special all feels a bit 'This was Dubstep, Goodnight Everyone'

so this is better imo, even if it isn't setting my pulse racing or anything
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Theres nothing wrong with moving into the 130 area but why not do something like what Pinch done? Started Cold and had releases from either completely or relatively unknown producers. He brought something new to the table.

It just seems too easy/lazy to pick up tunes from someone like Wen if you have Yunx/Tempas reputation in 2014.. its hardly a new sound, they're hardly new producers and theres hardly a lack of labels pushing those sounds.. just feels very bandwagon-y.

Tempa/Yunx have the right to release what they like, obviously, its just a little disappointing seeing a label whos been at the forefront of a scene for over a decade just creep into another scene and have releases from guys already active on established labels.

Maybe I'm wrong and (if they do move into a more 130/140 split) they'll add something to the 130 scene but it wouldn't surprise me if its just a lazy popularity move and there'll be a Mumdance 12" forthcoming or something.

Semel

Post by Semel » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Shouts to those who know the BPMs of the first releases. lol

Doesn't mean the last 3/4 years was 140 it has always been 140 ffs.

also.
I feel the same but on the other hand wasn't Tempa Allstars always the series that showcased something a bit different?
Yip, Notice alot of the artists on the Allstars releases arent "Tempa Signed Exclusive" artists. soooo.

eg.

baddis98

Post by baddis98 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Semel wrote:Doesn't mean the last 3/4 years was 140 it has always been 140 ffs.
no, it doesn't. but it HAS been that way.
i don't see anything wrong with 130 either. but i find it pretty weird to put those tunes on an allstars release, suggesting that's the stuff you've been pushing, when it clearly isn't.

Johoosh

Post by Johoosh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm

^@ semel yeah i was gonna bring that up, only skream & benga are proper 'tempa' artists on 6

I was pleased to see some unwxpected names on 7 myself, much more exciting than my presumed alternative: a 'usual suspects' one with Truth, Biome etc again

Altho its all just quibbling, if the tunes are good it doesnt matter, and i like all of em except for the AxH one atm :D
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory