forthcoming TEMPA

information about releases and discussion about tunes you heard somewhere (nights, radio, mixes etc)
Forum rules
Thread format: ARTIST - TITLE [LABEL] (cat number and release date optional) and post audio if possible. [Free releases] can be posted here and highlighted after tune information in thread name, but please do not post mixes or dubs here. Requests for tune IDs should go in the dedicated thread.
Muncey

Re: forthcoming TEMPA

Post by Muncey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Johoosh wrote:Altho its all just quibbling, if the tunes are good it doesnt matter
Defo, tunes are big.. Can never have enough Alex Coulton tbf.. just hope this isn't the direction they're gunna take and if it is hopefully they'll be a bit more adventurous than just picking tunes from the already big names.

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:47 pm

you don't like the AxH tune!?!?!

i agree with munce though. keep your ear to the street tempa
Phigure wrote:a life permanently spent off road

not the life for me

chekov

Post by chekov » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:31 pm

jags wrote:you don't like the AxH tune!?!?!
you do like it?
alex bk-bk wrote:some of you lot chat bare shit

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:43 pm

yep

not the life for me

TRUSIK

Post by TRUSIK » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Muncey wrote:Theres nothing wrong with moving into the 130 area but why not do something like what Pinch done? Started Cold and had releases from either completely or relatively unknown producers. He brought something new to the table.

It just seems too easy/lazy to pick up tunes from someone like Wen if you have Yunx/Tempas reputation in 2014.. its hardly a new sound, they're hardly new producers and theres hardly a lack of labels pushing those sounds.. just feels very bandwagon-y.

Tempa/Yunx have the right to release what they like, obviously, its just a little disappointing seeing a label whos been at the forefront of a scene for over a decade just creep into another scene and have releases from guys already active on established labels.

Maybe I'm wrong and (if they do move into a more 130/140 split) they'll add something to the 130 scene but it wouldn't surprise me if its just a lazy popularity move and there'll be a Mumdance 12" forthcoming or something.
There was a Mumdance release on Rinse back in June:
http://www.discogs.com/Mumdance-Take-Ti ... se/5804998

jrkhnds

Post by jrkhnds » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 pm

is the Rinse label curated by Soulja?
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

syrup
Reigning Mini-Mix King

Post by syrup » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:03 am

It's quite dull.
Soundcloud
dubfordessert wrote:you can jizz on me if you want

Doctor_Dave

Post by Doctor_Dave » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:01 pm

When Yunx said Trapped would release late August did he mean August 2015?
dididub wrote:catch em ffs

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:35 am

trusikblog wrote:There was a Mumdance release on Rinse back in June:
http://www.discogs.com/Mumdance-Take-Ti ... se/5804998
Exactly what I meant lol.. Rinse have released Route 94 and Katy B, they release stuff that sells and Mumdance, in the 130 scene, sells.. hes one of the top producers in the 130 scene. If Tempa wanna go into the 130 scene go for it, just be a little disappointing if they start releasing stuff by the likes of Mumdance whos not only established but a big name already. It'd be like Innamind or Artikal/Lion Charge releasing a bunch of Mala/Coki/Skream/Distance/Pinch tunes ect. it 'd be amazing to have new material from those guys but it don't make sense to release on that label.. they're doing their own thing.. why pick random tunes from the heavyweights? Pick tunes from the guys trying to come through!

Beneath 2nd release on his label, new producer:
Soundcloud

Then theres Tempa releasing tunes by Wen whos been causing a scene for a good 2 years at least now...

As much as I thought Tempa was getting a little dry, repetitive ect.. I always respected the fact they had that tempa sound, something they'd spent a decade creating. I don't expect they will.. but if they do jump ship and start releasing a load of Mumdance, Wen, Boddika & Joy ect. it'll be a little disappointing even though I probably like the music more than what they're doing recently.

Still, bring on that Nomine album!

Slowpoke

Post by Slowpoke » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:24 pm

another bass on Tempa

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:30 pm

Slowpoke wrote:

another bass on Tempa
Love it!

not the life for me

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:46 am

Slowpoke wrote:

another bass on Tempa
big tune but again, why tempa?! Nuff labels releasing these tunes already and Tempa has a hugeeeeeee dubstep forthcoming list. I'd concentrate on getting Trapped out instead of trying to sign a shit load of techno tbh imo

jrkhnds

Post by jrkhnds » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:25 am

a bit boring tbh. sounds like everything on Cold that came out a year ago.

my biggest fear is the 130 movement will eventually go the same way Swamp did and become painfully mediocre techno, with a bit of grime instead of "house" thrown in so everyone can still feel different and claim they're doing something fresh when in fact they're not.
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

ultraspatial

Post by ultraspatial » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:44 am

lol at all the moaning about allstars. last year everyone here was moaning about how tempa should do something new. not to mention that the vast majority of artists showcased on the series so far have not been associated with tempa. don't see anyone bitching about tempa jumping on the bandwagon when they started releasing stuff from trg, martyn, pinch, ramadanman, appleblim etc or about the bro-y skream bits

Doctor_Dave

Post by Doctor_Dave » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:26 pm

I still remember last last summer when everyone was unimpressed with Yunx's 4x4-technoish dubstep selection.

Anyways, I hope that Facta + Hodge release gets a 140 bit from Facta to balance it out.
dididub wrote:catch em ffs

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:54 pm

ultraspatial wrote:lol at all the moaning about allstars. last year everyone here was moaning about how tempa should do something new. not to mention that the vast majority of artists showcased on the series so far have not been associated with tempa. don't see anyone bitching about tempa jumping on the bandwagon when they started releasing stuff from trg, martyn, pinch, ramadanman, appleblim etc or about the bro-y skream bits
agree with almost all of this except.....

"don't see anyone bitching about tempa releasing....the bro-y skream bits"

i wasn't on dsf at the time but i can't imagine people not bitching about this.

really though just let tempa do their thing imo i just want music i don't care who makes it, i don't care who releases it, just keep the tunes flowing! i love how fast and often tempa is releasing these days, compared to the other labels.

not the life for me

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:01 pm

ultraspatial wrote:last year everyone here was moaning about how tempa should do something new.
I don't recall that... I remember people saying it all sounded the same/was getting boring. Don't remember anyone saying Tempa should do something new, not in terms of releasing techno anyway lol.

I haven't moaned about the allstars release just said it'd be a bit disappointing if that was the direction they were gunna take the label.. after the Wen & Parris release and now the forthcoming Facta & Hodge and Youngstas show being 40-50% that stuff as well it seems thats the case. To put it into context with your example, it'd have been like not only releasing the bro-y Skream stuff but started releasing tunes from Doctor P, Flux, Cookie Monsta, Skrillex ect ect. and half their releases were bro. Fans of the label would have been disappointed if thats the way Tempa turned out, don't see why fans of the label can't be disappointed with this bandwagon jump just cause the musics better.

But anyhoo enough on that, I reckon Nomine has the potential to release a very strong album.

ultraspatial

Post by ultraspatial » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:49 pm

cause it's not that different lol. half of the tunes on vol 7 are still snoozefests. and only the alex coulton tune could be called techno. and if by releasing one techno-y tune tempa is disappointing their fans then shit some people should really be outraged by nomine or headhunter's nomad

and yeah being bored of something is a clear sign of resistance to change

as for youngsta's show, not every tune played gets a release on tempa ffs

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Well done on a whole lot of misinterpretations there, that was incredible to read.

1. disappointing fans over one techno-y release... nope, I said if they took the label in that direction and released loads of 130-technoy tunes (already 2 with another forthcoming) and ditched dubstep I'd be disappointed. Key word is WOULD, I WOULD be disappointed. So no I'm not disappointed by one but as I've said a number of times I WOULD be if thats the direction they took it. (Please don't misinterpret that to mean I think they're gunna ditch dubstep lol)

2. so people claiming its boring automatically means they want the label to essentially switch genres lol.. I literally have no idea how you came to that conclusion. I said Tempa was starting to sound samey and not very interesting, I certainly didn't mean pick a bunch of producers that are getting some hype in a scene thats getting some hype and release those.

3. again, didn't say all tunes played by Yunx gets released on Tempa. Youngsta clearly plays a big part in Tempa nowadays and hes essentially cut his show in half, half 130 techno and half dubstep.. don't lock in as regularly anymore so I could be wrong but that seems to be the general format for his show. Since I've been listening to him hes never made that much of a drastic change to his show, if thats a reflection of his musical taste atm its not far fetched to think it could possibly change the stuff released on Tempa.

I do agree though it does have a similar style to other Tempa releases, stripped back and dark (or snoozefest as you put it) but I actually said originally I wouldn't care if that was the music they decided to release, I'd just be disappointed they're releasing such big names considering they're a highly respected label thats been putting stuff out for a decade, they could easily push that sound with new producers like Pinch did with Cold.

Reese_Liar

Post by Reese_Liar » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:39 pm

I don't understand why people are reading so much into the tracklist on the new Allstars, as far as I remember those compilations have never been emblematic of what Tempa generally release. They've always been a little different from the general Tempa output.While that doesn't mean they won't go in the 130 direction full on, don't get your panties twisted prematurely

Also, imo it'd be good if they could shake things up a bit, aside from the Nomine releases and a couple others here and there it's been a pretty bland affair lately. A little innovation would be great regardless of what tempo it might be
Minimal Motor Skills Mix:
Soundcloud

Reese Liar @ Soundcloud