Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

What would I need to create something like this...

Postby rnasworthyjr » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:07 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZREifFcEs

I think the sounds in this are just genius. I was wondering what would I need to be able to make some of these sounds? Could it all be done in massive? And processing?
rnasworthyjr

Postby mthrfnk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:09 pm

rnasworthyjr wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZREifFcEs

I think the sounds in this are just genius. I was wondering what would I need to be able to make some of these sounds? Could it all be done in massive? And processing?

Most of this track is arrangement imo, the sounds on the drop are actually quite widely used by most people, it's the arrangement and chopping that makes it all sound good. Yes you can make these in Massive.
mthrfnk

Postby rnasworthyjr » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:54 pm

I was wondering mostly about before the drop. The part that sounds like a low passed, bassy, wavy sound. And the scratchy saw over the top of it. What types of automation are used, because it just sounds so dynamic. I'm trying to get a more dynamic song and this is a perfect example of what I think is a dynamic sound.

Also @mthrfnk I'm wondering how to make those huge hallway sounding kicks like you have at the beginning of your closer remix in your signature. What kind of reverb do you use?
rnasworthyjr

Postby bennyfroobs » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:58 pm

check out the bedroom prodcer blog for freeware VSTs and theres some good verbs called epicverb and ambience
TopManLurka wrote:FTR, requirements for being a 'head':

-you have to be youngsta
-you must have been in that infamous room of ten people.
-a DMZ release is preferable but not necessary.
-please note that being youngsta is mandatory.
bennyfroobs

Postby mthrfnk » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:41 pm

rnasworthyjr wrote:Also @mthrfnk I'm wondering how to make those huge hallway sounding kicks like you have at the beginning of your closer remix in your signature. What kind of reverb do you use?

They're just big kick samples, add a little overdrive if needed (from CamelCrusher) then reverb's I use are epicVerb (free) or the ValhallaDSP ones (paid)
mthrfnk

Postby rnasworthyjr » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:44 am

Do you know what type of sound this is or what it would be called to try to find a tutorial on how to make it?
rnasworthyjr

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Sound Design