Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

How to Voice a Wobble

Postby Epinix » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:26 am

Heyo, wasn't quite sure how to word this as it's... Difficult. But I noticed in Kill The Noise - Talk To Me, his first wobble at the drop imitates the pitch, and talk style as the Vocal Sample "Talk to me" that plays through out the song.

46 Seconds in is when you can hear the wobble over the voice, and
55 Seconds is the drop.

This is a very interesting sound, and I wouldn't mind learning how to do this. Looked around the forum, couldn't find quite exactly what I was looking for.
Cheers :t:
Epinix

Postby Somitria » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:51 am

This is what he wrote in the description of Talk To Me on his channel:

"i get asked how i made the "bass" talk to me voice. i did it with massive, (resampled and chopped it up so it sounded like it was saying "talk to me") then i ran it through my talk box, and mouthed the words to add more enunciation to it. i used a high pass filter on it, rolled everything off except the tops and high mids of the voice and then layered it back on top of the original bass sound and compressed it a bit. this was back when i was trying to really figure out how to make the "talking bass sounds" that skrill was doing. didn't know how, so i did it my own way! sometimes creative stuff comes from not knowing what your doing!"
Somitria

Postby Epinix » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:56 am

Ah, I didn't know he had his own Channel. Thanks man.
Epinix

Postby Somitria » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:50 am

Don't mention it brother! :)
Somitria

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Sound Design