Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

I need some help with sytrus

Postby OBZ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:37 pm

I started using sytrus a little while ago and I really want to learn this plugin, but it is hard to make a good wobble bass. I tried many different things, but nothing worked. I'm hoping to make a crazy wobble bass like you hear in this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOilH9b1RoA. There are some great tutorials out there that made me understand the plugin better, but noone showed me how to make a crazy wobble bass like that. Any help?
OBZ

Postby titchbit » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:59 pm

Don't really know much about sytrus other than it's an FM synth. But if you know the plugin well, you just need oscillators, filters, and an LFO to make that wobble. Hopefully you can assign LFO to multiple parameters. I would have some FM stuff going on with your oscs, and then LFO the FM amount. I would take that same LFO and apply it to volume, filter cutoff maybe. Up to you, experiment.
titchbit

Postby Benji » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:58 pm

There's a guy on Youtube called Seamless that has a mad ton of bass tutorials for Sytrus, just search like 'how to bass seamless' to find them I've used it for a few months and the built in LFOs and stuff are pretty much ideal for making wobbley basses
Benji

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Sound Design