Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

RASTABOT VOCODER

Postby OmegaMode » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:46 am

mthrfnk wrote:OmegaMode dude you get so angsty when people say they don't like your stuff... it's comical.

As for the vocals... I can hear multiple layers, the most prominent is the initially pitched down layer. Sounds like a bandpass filter/eq too similar to the classic "telephone effect". It does kind of sound as if the sound has been "force pitched" using something like Melodyne or Pitcher to give a glitchy sound between the words.

Theres some parallel distortion - there's a clean layer and raspy crisp layer that's got a shit ton of distortion to emphasise the highs. I also wouldn't be surpised if CLA Vocals was used too, Skrillex uses it on a lot of his vocal work. Running things super hot in CLA can really give a crispiness to the sound when you push it into the red, and the stereo spreader can give the sound more weight.

I grew up in a shit place when I was younger so that's the only way for me to respond. I can't necessarily help that shit.. :oops:
OmegaMode

Postby bouncingfish » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Understandable man. Anyway I think you did a sick job with this omega, Imma try this out now and see if I can get as close,
I need to stop changing my sig

Hey, finally got soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/h-e-l-l-o

some guy from facebook wrote:-instead being would have said stop acting judgemental of others then yet on you mind is not yet acting judgemental
bouncingfish

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.
Previous

Return to Sound Design