Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

wave racer synth sound

Postby sp303 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:30 pm

yo. i need to program this synth sound that starts here at 5 secs

https://soundcloud.com/wave-racer/cosmos-midnight-the-dofflin

im working with sylenth1.what waves should i use and is that a cut off being modulated or some kind of gate.ive never even used a gate can i do it in sylenth or do i need some plugin for that?
sp303

Postby R3b_Official » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Are you talking about the thing that sounds like its fluttering going really fast and up some notes like a scale or the really muffled hits on sort of off beats? If its the muffled thing, thens its just chopped up vocals. You hear the exact thing mid way through the track.
R3b_Official

Postby sp303 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:12 pm

R3b_Official wrote:Are you talking about the thing that sounds like its fluttering going really fast and up some notes like a scale or the really muffled hits on sort of off beats? If its the muffled thing, thens its just chopped up vocals. You hear the exact thing mid way through the track.

the fluttering synth not the vocals or the lower synth.really just want to know how to make the fluttering effect i think i can figure out the waves eventually
sp303

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Sound Design