Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

"Bursting" Bassnectar Bass

Postby DetoreMusic » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm not going to lie, I've never heard even in todays modern production come close to this bass bassnectar made in the drop of bursting. If you play the song you will know what, I'm talking about. If anybody has any idea on how that sound was made, I would love to hear your Input, cheers.
DetoreMusic

Postby counterparty » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:35 pm

Maybe I pulled up the wrong song... but it just sounds like an electric guitar on top of a sine wave sub bass? He's probably got some funky filters over top of the guitar, maybe some playing around with EQ for a slight vowel movement? It's subtle though. It really doesn't sound that crazy to me... if anything I think it is distorted to a fault actually

Can you be more specific? Trying to be more helpful here
counterparty

Postby Ascenic » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:04 am

It'd be great if you could post the song and what time the sound is at.
bouncingfish wrote: AU like australia? I went to the site it uses paypal. They have paypal down under don't they? jhaha
Ascenic

Postby ChrisPlatow » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:50 pm

You could probably use guitar rig on a simple waveform and get that sound.
ChrisPlatow

Postby hifi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:13 pm

BadAss sound
hifi

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Sound Design