Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

Question about massive's GLOBAL TUNE?!?!

Postby ChrisPlatow » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:39 pm

So I have a sound Ive made in massive. It sounds great in the octave range between c0-c1. Id like to have it playing around the c2-3 range tho. So i went to the GLOBAL tab in massive and turned the global tune up 24 semitones. But now when i go up two octaves and play it, it doesnt sound the same... Why could that be?

I figured because it was the global tune I could turn it up two octaves and nothing would be affected but apparentally it has changed more than just tuning.

And the modulation osc is turned off so that has nothing to with it.

Im stumped hopefully someone on here can help. Thanks.
ChrisPlatow

Postby Ascenic » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:39 pm

I believe you may have answered your own question. It doesn't sound good two octaves up and in the global tune you turned it... two octaves up. I may be totally wrong but that's what it sounds like to me.
bouncingfish wrote: AU like australia? I went to the site it uses paypal. They have paypal down under don't they? jhaha
Ascenic

Postby ChrisPlatow » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Well i turned it two octaves lower with the global tune in massive. Then i played it two octaves higher on my keyboard... Essentially playing in the same octave.. So it should sound the exact same. But it doesnt. Do you understand what im saying?
ChrisPlatow

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Sound Design