Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

instra:mental - end credits

Postby fiveone » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:23 pm

possibly the best track i've heard from instra:mental - the melody, the sounds and the arrangement. i've been trying to recreate that plucked guitar sound, however my results are quite far off. has anyone got any tips for this?
fiveone

Postby Ascenic » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:43 pm

I feel it my duty to inform you that all people will say probably is "record yourself playing the guitar".

I wish it were different and that people who knew how would speak up, but I do not see that happening unfortunately.
bouncingfish wrote: AU like australia? I went to the site it uses paypal. They have paypal down under don't they? jhaha
Ascenic

Postby fiveone » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:05 am

i have faith in some of the regulars who visit the production forum...
fiveone

Postby ChrisPlatow » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Use a sampler with some guitar samples. I have a pack of guitar samples that sound just like that. Im listening on my phone tho. If it is synthesized its probably one sound doing the rhythm in the background and one sound doing that hi not accent that hits on the 'ah' of the 1 and 2 and the 'and' of the 3 (hopefully yu know what i mean). Im no professional sound designer by far but i think the accent sound could probably be replicated with some fm synthesis. Just a sine wave being modulated by another. Again i dont claim to be a pro, but hope this helps.
ChrisPlatow

Postby deadcell » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:13 pm

to make that plucky sound its all about short envelope times just play with envelopes man, sounds like a swuarewave to me, also wack an arpeggiator on. i dont think that plucky thing sounds too difficult to make.
deadcell

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Sound Design