Special Announcement: We have migrated to a new forum platform community.dsf.ninja. The old forum is locked, but it will remain open for reading. Read more.

All about that Bass

Postby Ema_geodiV » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:46 am

What are different ways to morph your basses into 'something' different without ruining it or adding "Too much"? In short how do you guys usually resample your basses in a simple but bad ass ways :lol: . I'm just wondering, coz mostly when I add stuff to any of my bass it'll started to sound overly distorted or just plainly crap :?
Ema_geodiV

Postby _Agu_ » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Get things right in the synth, don't get crazy with the fx + layer, layer, layer
_Agu_

Postby JTMMusicuk » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:02 am

If your using massive then use the macros and assign different things to them for example the filter cutoff, resonance, attack, decay, release, fx dry/wet...
Keep your original bass sound at the 0 point in each of the macros so you can easily come back to where you started if you think it sounds crap.
you could then assign the macro controls to a midi control allowing you to quickly alter different settings whilst recording
JTMMusicuk

This forum is locked. Continue the discussion by creating a new topic on The New Dubstep Forum.

Return to Sound Design