Trollphace/Skrillex Bass

User avatar
Labco
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/user/NOTPAULGILBERT

Re: Trollphace/Skrillex Bass

Post by Labco » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:43 am

This is as close as I got before I got bored of trying to do it haha
AKA: :u:

http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/xKqUnEzn/file.html

I was actually trying to do the bass from his rebel remix (it sounds a lot more like that as opposed to the one in burial which has a lower sort of tone)

I'll elaborate if anyones interested, was going to do a video on my channel about it but it wasnt as close as i wanted so just sort of binned it :corndance:
Yes I am THAT Labco, HI!
Soundcloud

User avatar
Labco
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/user/NOTPAULGILBERT

Re: Trollphace/Skrillex Bass

Post by Labco » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:47 am

Also feel the need to say that trollphace does indeed jump around daw wise, it totally depends who he's collaborating with or what style he's working on! When hes working with juju OR on some wonky shit like this he uses reason, I believe when he's just working on tearout tunes he uses logic/fl (think hes on a windows pc atm so not sure if logic is still his thing)
Point being anyway that this bass was 100% fact made in reason. Now theres nothing stopping him rewiring but the basis of the sound is from reason (From subtractor I heard) so its difficult to recreate it properly inside of massive
Yes I am THAT Labco, HI!
Soundcloud

Gustavo
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Trollphace/Skrillex Bass

Post by Gustavo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:10 am

/interested

User avatar
Assassin_Music
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:12 pm

Re: Trollphace/Skrillex Bass

Post by Assassin_Music » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:31 am

Labco wrote:Also feel the need to say that trollphace does indeed jump around daw wise, it totally depends who he's collaborating with or what style he's working on! When hes working with juju OR on some wonky shit like this he uses reason, I believe when he's just working on tearout tunes he uses logic/fl (think hes on a windows pc atm so not sure if logic is still his thing)
Point being anyway that this bass was 100% fact made in reason. Now theres nothing stopping him rewiring but the basis of the sound is from reason (From subtractor I heard) so its difficult to recreate it properly inside of massive

Yeah I am glad you said that. I can't get the grit out of Massive that he is getting and I can't find any post processing that gets near it. In Massive, it seems like all you need is some noise to pass through the comb filter and it will get the sweep but that grit just doesn't seem obtainable. Here is something that is harmonically similar but def not the same.

I am not going to do a vid tutorial for this...it is a double comb filter setup and you would pull your hair out trying to re-create it. Here is the patch I came up with in Massive.

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/ojQ2CLey/file.html

User avatar
Labco
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/user/NOTPAULGILBERT

Re: Trollphace/Skrillex Bass

Post by Labco » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:35 pm

This is basically what I have going on, i'm pretty sure its close to the prcoessing set up he's using for his rebel bass, the flanger isnt important, just sort of spreads it a bit more, and i'm also eqing and compressing it outside of massive, but if people mess around with that they'll probably get closer than me :Q:

Image
Yes I am THAT Labco, HI!
Soundcloud

User avatar
Ascenic
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Trollphace/Skrillex Bass

Post by Ascenic » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:50 pm

I'd prefer you to try the bass at 00:45 in the Burial remix as that sound is money, but thanks so much for this sound! It's great! :D
bouncingfish wrote: AU like australia? I went to the site it uses paypal. They have paypal down under don't they? jhaha

Gustavo
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Trollphace/Skrillex Bass

Post by Gustavo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:34 pm

tnx much assassin and labco! You both used combs so that must be the way to go.

User avatar
Assassin_Music
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:12 pm

Re: Trollphace/Skrillex Bass

Post by Assassin_Music » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Ascenic wrote:I'd prefer you to try the bass at 00:45 in the Burial remix as that sound is money, but thanks so much for this sound! It's great! :D

I think that is Skrillex's contribution...it has the signature ninja vowel stuff to it...which means...FKing good luck with that one!

User avatar
Assassin_Music
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:12 pm

Re: Trollphace/Skrillex Bass

Post by Assassin_Music » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Gustavo wrote:tnx much assassin and labco! You both used combs so that must be the way to go.

Yeah I think comb filtering is the new black

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests