Keeping the same speed on every pitch in EXS24 Sampler

Jens

Keeping the same speed on every pitch in EXS24 Sampler

Post by Jens » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:53 pm

Today I started to try sampling a bit. I'm fairly new to producing and don't really have any experience with samplers. But one thing that annoyed me with the sampler I have started to use (EXS24), Was that as the pitch raised, the speed went up to. Are there any way to prevent this and set the speed?

Another question I want answered is if the sampler automatically transforms the sound into concert pitch, So that C on the keyboard is an actual C? Thanks in advance! :)

Samuel_L_Damnson

Re: Keeping the same speed on every pitch in EXS24 Sampler

Post by Samuel_L_Damnson » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:15 pm

Basically if u just have one sample in the sampler the pitching is a cheived by changing the playback speed so no, you can't stop that.

The sampler does not convert ur samples to be I'm tune. What ever the root key is set to that will play the sample at its original pitch/speed, you need to find out or change the pitch of the sample and make its root key equal to its pitch. Then when u play it will be in tune.

If ubare sampling anninstriment u own you can record a sample for each key to stop the speed of the sample changing as you change the pitch. Google multi sampling.

Hope this helped!
Soundcloud
Collaborative project with kai li:
http://soundcloud.com/genrli

Jens

Re: Keeping the same speed on every pitch in EXS24 Sampler

Post by Jens » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:38 pm

It did :D