Best full English in London?

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
legend4ry

Post by legend4ry » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:00 am

bass hertz wrote:English bacon looks like porkchops. Ok... now I see what Skream was talking about. Our bacon is usually smoked, very thin, marbled with fat, and fried crispy.

But all the stuff on that "full english fry up" seems pretty high in cholesterol. You guys got people have heart attacks in their 40's over there? I try to eat oats once a day to keep my levels under control. I go crazy with cheese and meat.... feel like I'm going to cause problems soon or later.
Well, generally a full english is something you treat yourself to a couple of times a year/ once a month when you got a hang over, its not something you'd eat every day and again! Generally they're MUCH, MUCH smaller that than on that artical hahaha
Soulstep wrote: My point is i just wanna hear more vibes
Soundcloud

bass hertz
Permanent Vacation

Post by bass hertz » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:04 am

Legendary wrote:
bass hertz wrote:English bacon looks like porkchops. Ok... now I see what Skream was talking about. Our bacon is usually smoked, very thin, marbled with fat, and fried crispy.

But all the stuff on that "full english fry up" seems pretty high in cholesterol. You guys got people have heart attacks in their 40's over there? I try to eat oats once a day to keep my levels under control. I go crazy with cheese and meat.... feel like I'm going to cause problems soon or later.
Well, generally a full english is something you treat yourself to a couple of times a year/ once a month when you got a hang over, its not something you'd eat every day and again! Generally they're MUCH, MUCH smaller that than on that artical hahaha
it looks delicious. i'd have it a few times a week and heavy on the mushrooms. you guys got grits?

particle-jim

Post by particle-jim » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:44 am

bass hertz wrote:you guys got grits?
what in fuck are grits?
imami wrote:i put secret donks in all my tunes, just low enough so you can't hear them
http://www.soundcloud.com/particle
http://www.mixcloud.com/particlejim

luckism

Post by luckism » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:02 am

bass hertz wrote:you guys got grits?
:o

cyberneticghost

Post by cyberneticghost » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:47 am

Legendary wrote:
bass hertz wrote:what is the difference between English bacon and American bacon ???
Pretty sure its just come from better/better cuts of pigs, most of the American bacon shown from this website looks like it'll give you the shits for a week, it just looks processed to fuck.

English

American

Taken from the first pictures on google...Kinda prooves my point.
It has nothing to do with better cuts, they are just different cuts. American bacon uses the belly cuts of the pig which are more tender and fatty while UK bacon uses back cuts which and chewier like a pork chop.

I usually get my bacon straight from a farm we know and usually they do thick cut American streaky bacon. I swear one slice is like an inch thick sometimes, so good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon

ceskus

Post by ceskus » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:26 am

I keep Reading about the regency cafe in pimlico. Anyone been there?

spire

Post by spire » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:47 am

grits.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/GritsHistory.htm

lots of people eat em with cheese (barf), i just eat em with butter and sugar.

spire

Post by spire » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:49 am

and if i liked mushrooms a lot more i'd totally take on that full breakfast. looks amazing after a tiring night out.

BaronVon

Post by BaronVon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:50 am

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/2373717.0/
That's not a full English. Since when does it have Chips and where the fuck is the Black Pudding?

Just a plate full of Chips with some shitty low grade Sausages.
Weak

spire

Post by spire » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:53 am

Baron_von_Carlton wrote:where the fuck is the Black Pudding?
oh yeah...... oh well, im gonna pull the "dumb american" card on this one. like i should know whats in a full breakfast anyways.

chester perry

Post by chester perry » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:13 am

An Ulster fry shits all over a full english.

spire

Post by spire » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:18 am

^^^ do tell. or shall i just google it....

the acid never lies

Post by the acid never lies » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:25 am

The Ulster Fry

I can hardly see how it could 'shit all over' a full english when it is practically idntical... what am I missing??

(also disappointed with the lack of beans)

spire

Post by spire » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:29 am

looks rather unimpressive.

spire

Post by spire » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:33 am

fuck, now i wanna make myself an amazing breafast tomorrow. near empty fridge though...

the acid never lies

Post by the acid never lies » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 am

Spire wrote:fuck, now i wanna make myself an amazing breafast tomorrow. near empty fridge though...
I had to go to work without breakfast today - had a 24hr virus yesterday so ate nothing then...

Why am I doing this to myself? :lol:

chester perry

Post by chester perry » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:44 am

The Acid Never Lies wrote:The Ulster Fry

I can hardly see how it could 'shit all over' a full english when it is practically idntical... what am I missing??

(also disappointed with the lack of beans)
Soda scone & tattie scone, plus my granny used to add in some meat burger type thing that was amazing. Irish sausages are better too. I dont like beans, i tend to use Teletubby pasta shapes.

spire

Post by spire » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:45 am

i need to get back on the breakfast train. its usually cold leftovers from the day before, or just a bagel. need eggs, bacon, and toast at LEAST.

cyberneticghost

Post by cyberneticghost » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:48 am

Spire wrote:i need to get back on the breakfast train. its usually cold leftovers from the day before, or just a bagel. need eggs, bacon, and toast at LEAST.
It isn't that hard to get a good breakfast. Get a frying pan and fry up some sausage or bacon. Once the meat is done add in some eggs, onions, tomatoes, peppers, and spices. Once this is all done put the filling in a tortilla and wrap it up tight. Wrap in tin foil and you have a good breakfast on the go.

spire

Post by spire » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:57 am

cyberneticghost wrote:
Spire wrote:i need to get back on the breakfast train. its usually cold leftovers from the day before, or just a bagel. need eggs, bacon, and toast at LEAST.
It isn't that hard to get a good breakfast. Get a frying pan and fry up some sausage or bacon. Once the meat is done add in some eggs, onions, tomatoes, peppers, and spices. Once this is all done put the filling in a tortilla and wrap it up tight. Wrap in tin foil and you have a good breakfast on the go.
im so dumb. i never thought about doing it all together, haha, always have like 3-4 pans going at the same time trying to make sure everything is warm when its done.