Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.
Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2009/10/lucky ... oin-party-
FREE Mike Slott download!
DâM-FunK x LuckyMe Podcast | 2009
1. LOUIS JOHNSON - "She's Bad" ~ Capital Records 12" | 1985
2. IMPULSE - "Can You Hear Me (Calling You) ~ Impulse Records EP | 1984
3. BRUFORD - "One Of A Kind" Pt's 1 & 2 ~ Polydor Records LP | 1979
4. CAROLE WALKER - "Rejoice" ~ Secret Records LP | 1987
5. LAMONT DOZIER - "Interlude" ~ Columbia Records LP | 1981
6. BRONNER BROTHERS - "What Do I Have To Do" ~ Neighbor Records LP | 1986
7. MANIACS - "Sweet Ladies" (instrumental version) ~ 25 West Records 12" | 1983
8. GOSUB - "Mind Travel Method" ~ Citinite Records LP | 2007
9. REINHARD LAKOMY - "Der Traum von Asgard" ~ Amiga LP | 1983
10. MIKE MAINERI - "Flying Colours" ~ Warner Bros. LP | 1981
11. BIM MARX - "Stronger" ~ Stillove4music Records 12" | 2008
12. KAIDI TATHAM - "Swift Inspiration (Quick Kid)" ~ Freedom School LP | 2008
13. WIZARDZ - "Boogie Slyde" (original version) ~ Sound Wave Records 12" | 2009
14. TWENNYNINE with LENNY WHITE - "Movin' On" ~ Elektra Records 12" | 1981
15. BRYAN LOREN - "Do You Really Love Me" (instrumental version) ~ Philly World Records 12" | 1984
16. OJEDA PENN - "Happiness Is Having You Near" ~ IFE Records LP | 1980
17. WAVELENGTH - "Funk Dreams" ~ Glydezone Records 7" | 2009
18. DâM-FunK - "Breakthru" ~ (Unreleased Dubplate) 12" | 2006
check Jimmy killin the talkbox...
Release Date Nov 30th 2009 / 12" Vinyl & Digital Worldwide.
LuckyMe are very proud to present “Lucky 9teen” the new release from the innovative young producer Mike Slott.
LISTEN TO 40 WINX by MIKE SLOTT HERE
“Mike Slott is my kind of music”- Benji B, Deviation 1Xtra
“If Mike's music wasn't this good, I would be looking at his hair all day”- Martyn, 3024
“Mannn, this record is really great. Snow Birds is KILLING it , as is 40 Winx. A 30 minute psychedelic journey”- Machine Drum
“Mike Slott is one of the deeply inspirational next generation beat builders pushing electronic sound into a whole new stratosphere for 2010.”- Mary Anne Hobbs, BBC Radio One
“Lush, beautiful tracks.”- Manny Z, Citinite
“Like a soundtrack to a sci-fi dream sequence. glittering lights, docking sequences, warm hearts and smiles, the ground disappearing below. Mike's music glides and sparkles.”- Jamie Vex'd
“Luv' Mike's music long time... Amanallah and Six AM are particularly fizzy”- Kode 9, Hyperdub
“It's got a lush and beautiful thing that's hard to find in electronic music. There's always a feeling of hope in Mike's sound” - Flying Lotus
“...I love it. It's like a futuristic soundtrack from the 70's! ... that's how I feel about it! It's got this blend of old and new, so you want to say this is some vintage music, but the old stuff could never sound like this because there was no hip hop then... Very cool.”- Cornelius Atlantis Harris, Underground Resistance
times and special guests revealed this week!
Citinite & LuckyMe DJs
The DJ line-up on it's own would make for a killer party, but we also have:
Dâm-Funk, bringing his vocoder keytar for some full-force LA funk.
Rustie, with the London debut of his incedible new live show in advance of his new album on Warp.
If you missed Jimmy Edgar's show in September, don't miss this, featuring tracks from his forthcoming Citinite album, this is the future sound of Detroit.
And Gosub, Miami's finest, with one of the best electro sets I've ever heard.
I can't wait for tomorrow... now you know why we've been calling it the party of the year!
You can still buy advance tickets from Phonica on Poland Street or Bleep.com
but if you miss the cut-off (around 5pm thursday) you'll still be able to get some on the door, but make sure you arrive early to be safe.
more details and links on our Facebook event page:
Hope to see you there ^_^
gosub was excellent, as was dam funk and rustie opened his set playing electric guitar sounding remisiscent of hawkwind!
hud mo brought the heeet, ikonika played some excellent techno..
if u flopped u is a wasteman
....no i didn't lolom unit wrote:ikonika played some excellent techno..
was just house then i played juke at the end
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests