Griffin Time tonight at 10:30!

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
pk-

Griffin Time tonight at 10:30!

Post by pk- » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:08 am

What are the ninjas thoughts? Personally I think the best way to ensure nobody ever votes for the BNP is to get them into a discussion about anything other than immigration. Or just any discussion at all, in fact, because they're all fucking loons and will expose themselves as such. Nick Griffin has about 10 minutes of rhetoric and then loses the fucking plot so it should be pretty entertaining to watch.

On the other hand chances are you'll have militant left wing people in the audience steering the discussions towards immigration all the time, and maybe any press exposure is good press exposure for a political party that relies on the votes of idiots? Plus they're a party with illegal membership rules so is it really censorship if you don't let them have their say?

firky

Re: Griffin Time tonight at 10:30!

Post by firky » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:16 am

Fucking nauseting to look at the state of the left and the SWP, HNH and UAF grab the lime light and well...

Peter hain; what a twat.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8313680.stm

More on Griffin and QT from the times the other day. As well as Straw and the loonie US liberal Bonnie Greer, the other panel members are Baroness Warsi (who is Asian)and also pseudo intellectual Chris Huhne.

Read earlier that the UAF are naturally busy arranging a blockade, fucking idiots :lol:

Bonnie Greer in her own words.

Quote:
By voting for Barack Obama, a new generation has taken the world we live in and pushed it forward, to another place. They have stepped over the corpse of a tired body politic and moved on...

let me say today is a new age, when we all have made the decision to, in the words of Bob Marley: "Get up, stand up."
We are all Obama: in being able, even those of us who came late to it, to see that this man offers a possibility to change the paradigm completely, we have made a leap into the future. This future is not a set of platitudes. This is a future that says we are all in this together, and that just maybe, it is possible to set to one side our petty enmities, our tiny fears, and embrace with both arms something new.
FUCK OFF!
Sound System Rental

Inventor of the Turban.

magma

Post by magma » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:22 am

I think it's a really good idea to put him on telly in this situation... give the public an easy opportunity to "contrast and compare" against some legitimate politicians and public figures. I'm not sure that Bonnie Greer is the best person to face him, but hopefully it'll show him up as the simple-thinking oaf that he really is... and demonstrate that both scum-of-the-earth hatespeak and attractive, positive, intellectualism comes in all colours and creeds... she'll clearly demonstrate that she's at least a nicer person than him.

I still reckon they should've somehow got Sir Trevor McDonald all riled up for a fight and booked him. I'd love to see him lose the calm persona and give Griffin a hiding. The country would back Trev all the way, too.

Also, as far as UAF and similar campaigning for him to be banned on TV... they need to check out their own fucking beliefs. We have freedom of speech in this country and the man has been elected to represent an area of Britain in Europe... of course he should be allowed on the BBC. Of course, it will just so happen that any time they do let him on, they'll put someone on to balance and/or shoot him the fuck down.

Bite on my democratic cock Griffin... here's just enough rope to make a lovely noose.
Last edited by magma on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meus equus tuo altior est

"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

tr0tsky

Post by tr0tsky » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:22 am

I disagree with you, PK, on the arguement that letting them have their say will expose them for being knobs and stop their support.

I don't think that the government or the state should ban Nick Griffin and this dirty thugs. This is because I think the legislation will just be as quickly used to ban left-wing, anti-war and working class movements precisely at a time when militancy is growing during a crises in the capitalist system.

Mussolini's Italy in the 1920's, Hitler's Germany and Franco's Spain in the 1930's show that giving the fascists ANY room to grow into a mass force and take political power they'll destroy all the rights won by workers, trade unionists, black, asian, LGBT movements.

The BNP isn't a threat because they'll somehow gain power and "kick the nig-nogs out of Britain". They're a threat because where they grow attacks and violence against those communities they hate sky-rockets.

The BNP aren't a normal political party. They're not interested in getting into office or holding a civil discussion about immigration. They're a violent force that can only be beaten using well-aimed boots and fists.

Workers and trade unionists in the media and BBC should refuse to publish or broadcast the appearances by the BNP. Techies should switch off their equipment and walk out.
Babylon Rocket.

gwa

Post by gwa » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:25 am

Politics is about as real as wrestling... great entertainment.
Soundcloud

AUGUST 2012 MIX / DEEP / TECH / HOUSE
Follow me on Twitter
@malcolmzulu

These users Little Downed! this user:
Everyone

tr0tsky

Post by tr0tsky » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:30 am

gwa wrote:Politics is about as real as wrestling... great entertainment.
You're not white, are you?

Anti-fascists called on David Enderby British National Party (BNP) councillor for Winyates ward, Redditch, to resign his position on the council after he was found guilty of three counts of assault yesterday. He was fined £100 for each of the counts and ordered to pay £100 costs to Kidderminster Magistrates Court. He is refusing to resign his position on the council. In June last year Kevin Hughes Enderby’s agent in the elections was sentenced to three months in prison for racially aggravated common assault.

There have been a string of recent incidents involving BNP councillors/ members/ activists. Only two weeks ago the BNP Parliamentary candidate for Hull Brian Wainwright was found guilty after a campaign of hate mail against the local mosque, a Muslim councillor and a local anti-fascist activist. A letter in which he claimed, “Muslim blood will be spilt” included ‘SS’ scull and cross bones imagery. Another letter was sent to a local anti-fascist activist threatening that Combat 18 (the izan terrorist organisation who take there name from Hitler’s initials) would visit.

In the same week a BNP activist in Swindon Mark Bulman (who has used the pseudonym Bullock) was sentenced to five years after attempting to firebomb a local mosque using a BNP leaflet as a fuse. He also daubed swastikas and racist graffiti on local shops and businesses that he believed to be ‘ethnic’.

In June 2006 BNP councillor Brian Turner was found guilty of a racially aggravated public order offence. He escaped a jail sentence and was instead ordered to carry out 300 hours of unpaid work in the community. Turner has previous convictions of common assault and police assault after he was convicted of beating up his wife Melanie Turner.
Babylon Rocket.

tr0tsky

Post by tr0tsky » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:30 am

gwa wrote:Politics is about as real as wrestling... great entertainment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Copeland
Babylon Rocket.

magma

Post by magma » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:33 am

tr0tsky wrote:I disagree with you, PK, on the arguement that letting them have their say will expose them for being knobs and stop their support.

I don't think that the government or the state should ban Nick Griffin and this dirty thugs. This is because I think the legislation will just be as quickly used to ban left-wing, anti-war and working class movements precisely at a time when militancy is growing during a crises in the capitalist system.

Mussolini's Italy in the 1920's, Hitler's Germany and Franco's Spain in the 1930's show that giving the fascists ANY room to grow into a mass force and take political power they'll destroy all the rights won by workers, trade unionists, black, asian, LGBT movements.

The BNP isn't a threat because they'll somehow gain power and "kick the nig-nogs out of Britain". They're a threat because where they grow attacks and violence against those communities they hate sky-rockets.

The BNP aren't a normal political party. They're not interested in getting into office or holding a civil discussion about immigration. They're a violent force that can only be beaten using well-aimed boots and fists.

Workers and trade unionists in the media and BBC should refuse to publish or broadcast the appearances by the BNP. Techies should switch off their equipment and walk out.
I agree in sentiment, but as you say, you can't do this at governmental level because it sets a very dangerous precident against other dissenters. You also shouldn't (IMHO) do it with the BBC... part of the BBC charter is that it's [supposed] to be politically impartial. The best they can do when a person like this rises to power (which he has done, however minorly) is to give them the minimum exposure they're "entitled" to due to their status and make sure that they're shown up as fools at every opportunity.

Even the Metro were saying that immigrants are no longer a drain on the economy this morning, and they're basically the Daily Mail. The BNP are so far out of line with the average Briton that they will trip up and become even more of a laughing stock.

I'm still not sure Bonnie Greer is the right person to help though... nobody who leans to the BNP will give a fuck about her.

nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

gwa

Post by gwa » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:34 am

He's just a fan. Still doesn't change the script. I'm White and awake
Soundcloud

AUGUST 2012 MIX / DEEP / TECH / HOUSE
Follow me on Twitter
@malcolmzulu

These users Little Downed! this user:
Everyone

firky

Post by firky » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:43 am

Kind of people who watch QT have genuinely made their mind up who their political stance is.

Banning Griffin are building blockades (lol) are other daft ideas are pointless and actually play into the hands of Griffin. Part of the appeal for the BNP has come through being seen as outside and against the 'old gang', but not before it gives idiots the chance to either hold hands with mainstream politicians as the 'real deal' there to defend 'our' interests - either in making arguments like 'they'll rip him to pieces' or by cheering on refusals to appear on the program with him. Of course, the real issue is how they've managed to get themselves into a position to be legitimately invited onto the show - which will now probably get swept away in useless chatter about this meaningless event.

He's got to come out fighting and mark clear distance between him and the other twats on the show. Any attempt to appear as being one of them will be rebuffed and will only harm the parties attempts to appear top be outside of the snouts in the trough. How the others react will be interesting - will they attack, thereby potentially alienating key voters with a probably very close general election approaching or will they try to say they're the better bet for those concerned about immigration etc and thinking about voting BNP, thereby moving the starting point for any future debate a significant step rightwards (exactly as predicted - doing the BNPs work without the BNP having to do it in effect, a touching Thatcher moment). I'm not convinced that QT means anything in the wider world really, those few million watching it are, i expect, already politically committed one way or the other. The real significance lies in the normalisation.

tr0tsky have you not heard of a man called Fini recived in Italy - this is Fini who far from being harmed by any boycott went onto be Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary and is the current Speaker of the House -in a country were the hard far right are now in the ascendancy, far more so than anywhere else in western europe. Great example tr0tksy, you're a star, champ.

None event really. Although I'd like to have seen Galloway would have a good scrap with him :mrgreen:
Sound System Rental

Inventor of the Turban.

magma

Post by magma » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:47 am

firky wrote:None event really. Although I'd like to have seen Galloway would have a good scrap with him :mrgreen:
Don't the BBC have a "one tnuc per panel" rule these days?

tr0tsky

Post by tr0tsky » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:51 am

firky wrote: tr0tsky have you not heard of a man called Fini recived in Italy - this is Fini who far from being harmed by any boycott went onto be Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary and is the current Speaker of the House -in a country were the hard far right are now in the ascendancy, far more so than anywhere else in western europe. Great example tr0tksy, you're a star, champ.
firky have you not heard of a man called Le Pen in France - this is Le Pen who far from being hammered in any appearance went onto nearly winning the French presidential elections.

Great example Firky, you're a star, champ.

From The Independent - 21st October 2009

British National Party leader Nick Griffin's appearance on Question Time may have parallels with the successful prime-time TV debut of a far-right French politician, an academic warned today.

Jean-Marie Le Pen, leader of the Front National (FN), saw support for his party double overnight after being questioned on a leading French political programme in 1984.

Dr Jim Shields, associate professor in French Studies at Warwick University, said Mr Le Pen's appearance on L'Heure de Verite represented "a real milestone" in his acceptability.

The far-right leader - who went on to come second in France's 2002 presidential election - later pointed to the hour-long TV show as the start of his political ascendancy.

Dr Shields said: "If the clock ticking down to Thursday evening on the BNP's website is anything to go by, Nick Griffin anticipates a similar effect from his appearance on Question Time."

Mr Le Pen's FN was largely boycotted by the media and had less electoral support than the BNP does today when he was invited to appear on L'Heure de Verite (The Hour of Truth) on channel Antenne 2 in February 1984.

The show's format - politicians being questioned on topical issues by a panel of journalists before a live audience - and national significance have parallels to the BBC's Question Time.

Mr Le Pen's appearance attracted widespread opposition and large viewing figures, but he performed well and went some way to dispelling his "bogeyman" image, Dr Shields said.

"It is clear the TV programme had a real impact in legitimising Le Pen and drawing new people to his party," the academic added.

"Just after the programme went out, voting intentions for the FN in the European elections of June 1984 doubled, from 3.5% to 7%, and in the election itself the FN would score fully 11 per cent (2.2 million votes).

"It should also be noted that after the programme, in a Figaro-Magazine poll, those with a 'positive opinion' of Le Pen rose to 13 per cent, and then rose again to 17 per cent by summer 1984.

"This single hour on prime-time television paid huge political dividends for Le Pen and the FN - a real milestone passed in political acceptability.

"In his autobiography, Le Pen would point to that TV programme as the start of his political rise, calling it 'the hour that changed everything'."
Babylon Rocket.

firky

Post by firky » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:47 pm

His appearance on TV was a feature of his political normalisation and not the cause of it. I knew you were going to pull that one out of the hat :p

Am getting sick of hearing about the one eyed tnuc, wish he'd fuck up in a big way but he's made of teflon, nothing seems to stick.
Sound System Rental

Inventor of the Turban.

tr0tsky

Post by tr0tsky » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:04 pm

firky wrote:His appearance on TV was a feature of his political normalisation and not the cause of it. I knew you were going to pull that one out of the hat
My hat has many things yet to be pulled out, my Tyne-side friend.

Do you think that Griffin's TV experience will contribute or detract from his "normalisation"?
Babylon Rocket.

uncle bill

Post by uncle bill » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:42 pm

tr0tsky wrote:
firky wrote:His appearance on TV was a feature of his political normalisation and not the cause of it. I knew you were going to pull that one out of the hat
My hat has many things yet to be pulled out, my Tyne-side friend.

Do you think that Griffin's TV experience will contribute or detract from his "normalisation"?
That's up to him. If he manages to behave like a normal person it will normalise his image. If he does what he usually does ie. sneers at everyone and looks like he's about to lose his temper it won't.

I hate the BNP as much as anyone, Trots, but I don't think Griffin has the personal qualities to be a Le Pen. You have to remember that being a fascist isn't the only thing wrong with Nick Griffin. He's also ugly, fat and a very boring public speaker. He won European seats because of poor turnour for other parties. It's up to those parties to destroy Griffin, not the BBC.

Peter Hain and other mainstream politicians want to put their heads in the sand and hope the BNP disappears. It won't do that unless they take him on. This means both refuting his disgusting, illogical arguments and directing their energies towards the needs of the poor and alienated instead of the City and Rupert Murdoch.
Hit that long lunar note and let it float ...

My blog: http://bloodredsounds.blogspot.com

That magazine I work for: http://www.venue.co.uk

My band: http://www.myspace.com/bigjoan

Twitter: http://twitter.com/bloodredsounds

karmacazee

Post by karmacazee » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Great tv so far. That ameican woman looks like she wants to slap nick griffin. David dimbelby is riled up!
Agent 47 wrote: but oldschool stone island lager drinking hooligan slag fucking takeaway fighting man child is the one
Soundcloud

http://www.novacoda.co.uk

CollisionCourse

Post by CollisionCourse » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:16 pm

karmacazee wrote:Great tv so far. That ameican woman looks like she wants to slap nick griffin. David dimbelby is riled up!
shes is a dappa :lol:

bandshell

Post by bandshell » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:23 pm

Griffin's continually having his ass handed to him. :lol:

Pistonsbeneath

Post by Pistonsbeneath » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:09 am

bandshell wrote:Griffin's continually having his ass handed to him. :lol:
yeah but the sad thing is he's getting the shit kicked out of him left right and centre by the london elite and their power base is in isolated northern towns that don't like the london elite...so this will again play into his hands
http://www.mixcloud.com/garethom/night-tracks-040-pistonsbeneath-guest-mix/

Soundcloud

BUY PISTONSBENEATH 24TH CENTURY EP CDS & DIGITAL

THREAD FOR MY GETDARKER SETS W/ YOUTUBE LINKS, ITUNES & DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINKS

SCA MIX

HEDMUK MIX

bookings - verity at subcultureartists.com

HamCrescendo

Post by HamCrescendo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:26 am

Fuck the debate, serious fucking babe in the audience.