Post Your Random Thoughts Thread!

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
butter_man

Re: Post Your Random Thoughts Thread!

Post by butter_man » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:53 am

"Morality is the idiosyncrasy of decadents having the hidden desire to revenge themselves upon life – and being successful."

big neech.
garethom wrote:weed ice cream

butter_man

Post by butter_man » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:55 am

"Not joy but joylessness is the mother of debauchery."

same.

Harkat

Post by Harkat » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:59 am

butter_man wrote:"Morality is the idiosyncrasy of decadents having the hidden desire to revenge themselves upon life – and being successful."

big neech.
ive got no clue what this means.

I get the other one and that makes sense though. Sad shit.
RKM wrote: when bae hands u the aux mixtape and your squad blunted 9/11 aye lmao

butter_man

Post by butter_man » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:08 am

I suppose, in Nietzsches use of term decadent means decay. so decadents is a person of societal decay.
idiosyncrasy is persons own personality as it were seperate from everyone else.
morality is a blight that is placed within us all to go against it based on our own character. kind of like 'would you commit a crime, if you didnt know there was one to commit.'
each person is instilled with this blight (morality)and will act itself out of spite of this morality, based on character, circumstance etc, which is in spite of living of a life free from the constraints enforced to make the person commit which not what they would of known before. especially within the decadence of society which Neech foresaw a long time ago, infact he said it has started years before during the renaissance.

sorry I hate explaining philosophy. I may be wrong but thats my interpretation. he hated 'morality'.

Harkat

Post by Harkat » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:13 am

I love hip hop though, and it feels cooler when its raw as fuck

how fucking cool was it when bobby schmurdas crew turned out to be actual grimy shooters dressed in g star

luckily im safely middle class and dont have to think about that shit at all, so its all entertainment.

What's more ignorant tho, being a guardian commenter going on about how horrible gangster music/worldstar is or celebrating it without having to take part in the actual hood life?
RKM wrote: when bae hands u the aux mixtape and your squad blunted 9/11 aye lmao

butter_man

Post by butter_man » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:22 am

I hear completely. Im a big fan of hip hop and get the reality makes me interested vibe. its living life vicariously through others. when I was a teenager it used to make me think I was a badass. I know it does to a lot of others who arent necessarily about that life so I do wonder about the overall impact it has on society.

round here shit happens and the people that do it I think are mindless, untrustworthy scummy fucks. machetes, stabbings, people brutalised to prove a point of whos turf it is. its not the worst of the worst of areas but I avoid these people like the plague. the idea that if they could spit a sweet sixteen then id idolise (for want of a better word) them is absurd. but thats what it is.
and they may have charisma and a hasrh background story but the truth is they perpetuate the misery bestowed upon them (and others in the struggle) by partaking in this. Im not pointing blame. or saying theres an easy way out, if any. just that innocent people get hurt often and if its a talentless junkie we'll hate them. but you got bars your cool, is a mental attitude that may need addressing.

Harkat

Post by Harkat » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:35 am

yeah

It seems to me though the dudes who make it in rap tend to be pretty level-headed guys. Like there's more of a cool, pragmatic "I'm gonna make it out of the hood" mentality. Which makes sense. Like you watch interviews with Waka Flocka or something, whos so turned up and aggro its almost cartoon monster in his music, seems like a completely sound guy. He just understands what emotion people are looking for.

Does that make it worse or better though? You can't fault someone for doing what they can to live better, and damn, the dude has made some good fucking music. But if it's perpetuating violence, would it almost be better if it was some guy who seemed like he couldn't know better?

RKM

Post by RKM » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:46 am

i always got the vibe in hip hop and grime that the people that become successful are often not the biggest roadmen in reality
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

butter_man

Post by butter_man » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:47 am

I'm guessing the root is at a need to instill a warrior mentality into teenage males. america is great for that as it needs to justify its aggression worldwide and recruit domestically. we are all subject to an idea that to be male includes violence. i think in american culture its more so. gangster rap is a perfect accompaniment to this so no wonder it sells well.
It's difficult to see the direct influence that a culture that perpetuates violence has directly on society seperate from the other factors. like, we can see what a robber does to a families xmas but do we know that the person selling that is an inspiration to, or is inspired by the people making the music saying that selling crack is great andf it gets them the money they need to escape this bleak existence.

there isnt an easy answer, I dont begrudge anyone comfort, wealth or socail mobility.
maybe an idea that commonality amongst people and a society based on happiness amongst ALL its occupants should be sort after. but I guess thats more communism than capitalism and won't be happening anytime soon.

butter_man

Post by butter_man » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:48 am

RKM wrote:i always got the vibe in hip hop and grime that the people that become successful are often not the biggest roadmen in reality
In my imagination I think they might be to scarey to be poster boys.

Harkat

Post by Harkat » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:58 am

apparently for this video they went to film in a totally safe spot in western africa. But the videos clearly trying to play off the scaryness factor of DPR Congo or somewhere like that.

Is that a bit dodgy/disrespectful? Like Chronik may be from the hood in london but I doubt hes had to rape his sister or get horribly executed and then drafted to become a child soldier, or something like that that happens in central africa.

tune and video are sick though, if you're not thinking about that shit. It's also definitely meant to be exagerrated to fuck. It's interesting though. Is the hardness arms race logically ending up as associating with some really fucked up people, not street gangs but the mexican cartel, russian mob or african warlords

butter_man

Post by butter_man » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:08 am

is it exploitation or an indirect way of bringing attention to strife? I dunno, tune is sick tho :lol:
yeh, the world is a mental place and glamourising the darker sides treads a thin path between an advertsiement and an awareness campaign.
I suppose a sociological report on what people of different demographics took from these videos. a questionairre or analysis before and after to see how attitudes change. I suppose its down to the viewers and the world at large to decide which way the world wants to go though.

wolf89

Post by wolf89 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:34 am

Funny that Chronik gets away with pretending to be an African warlord but Death In June using a Tottenkopf on an album sleeve totally shits everyone up
http://twitter.com/Wolfthedj
sofa_king wrote:wolf89 has a massive cock.

ehbes

Post by ehbes » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:50 am

Tl:dr
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

butter_man

Post by butter_man » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:52 am

ehbes wrote:Tl:dr
hip hop is great. death not so. middle ground, perhaps? fuck it, brrap brrrap brrap :P: :P: :P:

Draconis

Post by Draconis » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:10 am

I ate food.
I CANT USE SOUNDCLOUD
DANG IT

dickman69

Post by dickman69 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:24 am

jim rome called band kids "dorks" & every1 freaked out about

but tbh i did marching band in highschool & as dorky as we all were then.. only the dorkiest of the dorks would go on to do that dumb shit in college

i mean they really are dorks there is no way around it
every Tuesday 11pm EST on http://cosmicsound.club

buy my tunes pls
Soundcloud

wobbles

Post by wobbles » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:25 am

My bro is in music college he's a fucking dork

hifi

Post by hifi » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:09 am

AxeD

Post by AxeD » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:43 pm

I'm gone for a week and we've got hundreds of Russian girls selling themselves
on the forum.
Agent 47 wrote:Next time I can think of something, I will.