the techno thread

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
waki

Re: the techno thread

Post by waki » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 am

tomorrow, hyped!

AxeD

Post by AxeD » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 am

Good price for a great night. 10pm - 7am :o average night is from 11 to 5 here...
Agent 47 wrote:Next time I can think of something, I will.

fassyman

Post by fassyman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 pm

waki your a fuckin nob im so gutted i cant go, dozzy for 3 hours :corncry:

let us know how it goes
r. mutt

joeki

Post by joeki » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm reallly enjoying Milano's output at the moment. Rekindled by his awesome track on the New Jack Turbo CD.

Bloodstream

Post by Bloodstream » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:49 am

Space Ibiza resident Nicole Moudaber makes her BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix debut.

"Having a chance to showcase my sound on an Essential Mix is a huge honour. So for my debut mix I’ve tried to give a feel of how I like to play when I’m in my element. The kind of irresistible dancefloor tension and downright dirty funky grooves I love to drop at Carl Cox’s Space Ibiza nights and my residency at Cielo in New York. I’m starting my own label called MOOD very soon, so there are exclusive radio plays for a few of the key tracks I’ve got lined up for that. Also listen out for two tracks I have forthcoming on Adam Beyer’s Drumcode label including ‘The Journey Begins’ with Victor Calderone which has been absolutely massive for me already on promo. Mixed with love, I hope you enjoy it". Nicole Moudaber, June 2012.

http://www.mixcloud.com/evil_concussion/nicole-moudaber-mood-records-essential-mix-bbc-radio-1-23062012/

♫•*¨*•.¸¸ This is a special remastered HQ Version by myself !!! ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪*

Bo Diggidy

Post by Bo Diggidy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:41 pm

This mix from the29nov camp is pretty damn good. A lot of dub techno. Can anyone i.d. any of the tracks from about 33:33 onwards? Really want to buy some of the tracks..
Soundcloud

joeki

Post by joeki » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:36 am

The New Vatican Shadow EP is out of this world. One of the best things I've heard in 2012 for sure.

AxeD

Post by AxeD » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 am

Bo Diggidy wrote:This mix from the29nov camp is pretty damn good. A lot of dub techno. Can anyone i.d. any of the tracks from about 33:33 onwards? Really want to buy some of the tracks..
Soundcloud
Afraid I can't ID those, but listening through the mix there's a lot of similarities between tracks. Might be 80%
own productions, or at least from the same producer.
joeki wrote:The New Vatican Shadow EP is out of this world. One of the best things I've heard in 2012 for sure.
Cairo is awesome.

pearsall

Post by pearsall » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:50 am

here's a mix of mine from a few years back that some of you might enjoy:

Pearsall presents Drifter

01. Suburban Soul – City Life (Techno Tribe)
02. Aubrey – Snake Oil (Solid Groove)
03. The Youngsters – Third Face (F Communications)
04. Burial & Four Tet – Wolf Cub (Text Records)
05. John Thomas – Jeff’s Song (Logistic)
06. G-Man – Shangoo (Defrag/G)
07. Designer Music – Problemz (Planet E)
08. Underground Resistance – Atomic Witchdokta (Underground Resistance)
09. DJ Misjah & DJ Tim – Scrumble (X-Trax)
10. Rubber Junkie – Armageddon (Punish)
11. Casseopaya – Drumsquasher (X-Trax)
12. Christian Smith & John Selway – Offworld (Tronic)
13. Wink – Liquid Summer (Ovum)
14. Steve Rachmad – Sinosphere (Sino)
Mala tribute business:
Soundcloud

vishes

Post by vishes » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:14 am

As I said before in this thread, atm I'm really feeling this sort of organic/industrial sound of techno that (for instance) Blawan is pushing. But I was wondering if anyone could recommend me any other producers with a similar sort of sound?
Sorry for the stupid question, I know, but I'm going to a record store tomorrow that has loads of techno records so knowing what other producer I could look for would make it a lot easier for me while I'm digging through the crates.
Last time I was there I hadn't heard of 90% of the producers so I didn't really know what records to pick up and check out.
Thanks guys.

wormcode

Post by wormcode » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:28 am

vishes wrote:As I said before in this thread, atm I'm really feeling this sort of organic/industrial sound of techno that (for instance) Blawan is pushing. But I was wondering if anyone could recommend me any other producers with a similar sort of sound?
Sorry for the stupid question, I know, but I'm going to a record store tomorrow that has loads of techno records so knowing what other producer I could look for would make it a lot easier for me while I'm digging through the crates.
Last time I was there I hadn't heard of 90% of the producers so I didn't really know what records to pick up and check out.
Thanks guys.
Well, it's not 100% similar but a lot of his tracks remind me of schranz, but with more house inspiration. Schranz is a bit of a joke genre but there's some good tunes. Chris Liebing was really pushing those sounds for a few years. Check out CLR artists like him, Umek, Speedy J and other labels they release on.

gwa

Post by gwa » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:28 am

Blawan is post dubstep not techno ffs
Soundcloud

AUGUST 2012 MIX / DEEP / TECH / HOUSE
Follow me on Twitter
@malcolmzulu

These users Little Downed! this user:
Everyone

fassyman

Post by fassyman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:10 pm

:twisted:
r. mutt

ezza
THE POOREST

Post by ezza » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:17 pm

evilz

DiegoSapiens wrote:thats so industrial
soronery wrote:New low

JimmaJamJamie

Post by JimmaJamJamie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:32 pm

gwa wrote:Blawan is post dubstep not techno ffs
LOLZ :6:

hdechter

Post by hdechter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:43 pm

herbs

Post by herbs » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:25 pm

dunno if someones mentioned it already, but I copped the new Frozen Borders comp 'Minutes in Ice' and it's fucking good.

skimpi

Post by skimpi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:21 pm

herbs wrote:dunno if someones mentioned it already, but I copped the new Frozen Borders comp 'Minutes in Ice' and it's fucking good.
Yup
TopManLurka wrote: thanks for confirming
OiOiii #BELTER

AxeD

Post by AxeD » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 am

wormcode wrote:
vishes wrote:As I said before in this thread, atm I'm really feeling this sort of organic/industrial sound of techno that (for instance) Blawan is pushing. But I was wondering if anyone could recommend me any other producers with a similar sort of sound?
Thanks guys.
Well, it's not 100% similar but a lot of his tracks remind me of schranz, but with more house inspiration. Schranz is a bit of a joke genre but there's some good tunes. Chris Liebing was really pushing those sounds for a few years. Check out CLR artists like him, Umek, Speedy J and other labels they release on.
Can't say I agree with you here, but like I said if you want stuff similar to Blawan I wouldn't go with techno music.
Although I understand Gwa is probably joking it's not exactly the usual techno sound.
A set from Brian Sanhaji is entirely a different vibe than a set from Blawan.

I'd stick to the UK, some Birmingham stuff maybe.. and scb of course.

skimpi

Post by skimpi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 am

AxeD wrote:
wormcode wrote:
Thanks guys.
Can't say I agree with you here, but like I said if you want stuff similar to Blawan I wouldn't go with techno music.
Although I understand Gwa is probably joking it's not exactly the usual techno sound.
A set from Brian Sanhaji is entirely a different vibe than a set from Blawan.

I'd stick to the UK, some Birmingham stuff maybe.. and scb of course.
If you haven't check out the funf compilation from ostgut ton, that has some industrial percussion styled tracks on it.
TopManLurka wrote: thanks for confirming
OiOiii #BELTER