the techno thread

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
Locked
User avatar
waki
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: LDN

Re: the techno thread

Post by waki » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 am

Image

tomorrow, hyped!

User avatar
AxeD
Posts: 9361
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 pm
Location: Damstarem

Re: the techno thread

Post by AxeD » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 am

Good price for a great night. 10pm - 7am :o average night is from 11 to 5 here...
Agent 47 wrote:Next time I can think of something, I will.

User avatar
fassyman
Posts: 1735
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: the techno thread

Post by fassyman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 pm

waki your a fuckin nob im so gutted i cant go, dozzy for 3 hours :corncry:

let us know how it goes
r. mutt

joeki
Posts: 3265
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:32 pm
Location: Hest Side, Belgium

Re: the techno thread

Post by joeki » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm reallly enjoying Milano's output at the moment. Rekindled by his awesome track on the New Jack Turbo CD.

User avatar
Bloodstream
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:50 pm
Location: Arabia

Re: the techno thread

Post by Bloodstream » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:49 am

Image
Space Ibiza resident Nicole Moudaber makes her BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix debut.

"Having a chance to showcase my sound on an Essential Mix is a huge honour. So for my debut mix I’ve tried to give a feel of how I like to play when I’m in my element. The kind of irresistible dancefloor tension and downright dirty funky grooves I love to drop at Carl Cox’s Space Ibiza nights and my residency at Cielo in New York. I’m starting my own label called MOOD very soon, so there are exclusive radio plays for a few of the key tracks I’ve got lined up for that. Also listen out for two tracks I have forthcoming on Adam Beyer’s Drumcode label including ‘The Journey Begins’ with Victor Calderone which has been absolutely massive for me already on promo. Mixed with love, I hope you enjoy it". Nicole Moudaber, June 2012.


http://www.mixcloud.com/evil_concussion/nicole-moudaber-mood-records-essential-mix-bbc-radio-1-23062012/

♫•*¨*•.¸¸ This is a special remastered HQ Version by myself !!! ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪*

User avatar
Bo Diggidy
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:23 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: the techno thread

Post by Bo Diggidy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:41 pm

This mix from the29nov camp is pretty damn good. A lot of dub techno. Can anyone i.d. any of the tracks from about 33:33 onwards? Really want to buy some of the tracks..
Soundcloud

joeki
Posts: 3265
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:32 pm
Location: Hest Side, Belgium

Re: the techno thread

Post by joeki » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:36 am

The New Vatican Shadow EP is out of this world. One of the best things I've heard in 2012 for sure.

User avatar
AxeD
Posts: 9361
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 pm
Location: Damstarem

Re: the techno thread

Post by AxeD » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 am

Bo Diggidy wrote:This mix from the29nov camp is pretty damn good. A lot of dub techno. Can anyone i.d. any of the tracks from about 33:33 onwards? Really want to buy some of the tracks..
Soundcloud
Afraid I can't ID those, but listening through the mix there's a lot of similarities between tracks. Might be 80%
own productions, or at least from the same producer.
joeki wrote:The New Vatican Shadow EP is out of this world. One of the best things I've heard in 2012 for sure.
Cairo is awesome.
Agent 47 wrote:Next time I can think of something, I will.

pearsall
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 6:09 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: the techno thread

Post by pearsall » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:50 am

here's a mix of mine from a few years back that some of you might enjoy:

Image
Pearsall presents Drifter

01. Suburban Soul – City Life (Techno Tribe)
02. Aubrey – Snake Oil (Solid Groove)
03. The Youngsters – Third Face (F Communications)
04. Burial & Four Tet – Wolf Cub (Text Records)
05. John Thomas – Jeff’s Song (Logistic)
06. G-Man – Shangoo (Defrag/G)
07. Designer Music – Problemz (Planet E)
08. Underground Resistance – Atomic Witchdokta (Underground Resistance)
09. DJ Misjah & DJ Tim – Scrumble (X-Trax)
10. Rubber Junkie – Armageddon (Punish)
11. Casseopaya – Drumsquasher (X-Trax)
12. Christian Smith & John Selway – Offworld (Tronic)
13. Wink – Liquid Summer (Ovum)
14. Steve Rachmad – Sinosphere (Sino)
Mala tribute business:
Soundcloud

User avatar
vishes
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Holland.
Contact:

Re: the techno thread

Post by vishes » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:14 am

As I said before in this thread, atm I'm really feeling this sort of organic/industrial sound of techno that (for instance) Blawan is pushing. But I was wondering if anyone could recommend me any other producers with a similar sort of sound?
Sorry for the stupid question, I know, but I'm going to a record store tomorrow that has loads of techno records so knowing what other producer I could look for would make it a lot easier for me while I'm digging through the crates.
Last time I was there I hadn't heard of 90% of the producers so I didn't really know what records to pick up and check out.
Thanks guys.

User avatar
wormcode
Posts: 6659
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:43 am
Location: htx/atx

Re: the techno thread

Post by wormcode » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:28 am

vishes wrote:As I said before in this thread, atm I'm really feeling this sort of organic/industrial sound of techno that (for instance) Blawan is pushing. But I was wondering if anyone could recommend me any other producers with a similar sort of sound?
Sorry for the stupid question, I know, but I'm going to a record store tomorrow that has loads of techno records so knowing what other producer I could look for would make it a lot easier for me while I'm digging through the crates.
Last time I was there I hadn't heard of 90% of the producers so I didn't really know what records to pick up and check out.
Thanks guys.
Well, it's not 100% similar but a lot of his tracks remind me of schranz, but with more house inspiration. Schranz is a bit of a joke genre but there's some good tunes. Chris Liebing was really pushing those sounds for a few years. Check out CLR artists like him, Umek, Speedy J and other labels they release on.

User avatar
gwa
Posts: 14561
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:08 am
Location: LOW PASSING YER EAR DRUMZ.

Re: the techno thread

Post by gwa » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:28 am

Blawan is post dubstep not techno ffs
Soundcloud

AUGUST 2012 MIX / DEEP / TECH / HOUSE
Follow me on Twitter
@malcolmzulu

These users Little Downed! this user:
Everyone

User avatar
fassyman
Posts: 1735
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: the techno thread

Post by fassyman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:10 pm



:twisted:
r. mutt

User avatar
ezza
THE POOREST
Posts: 9934
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:19 pm
Location: brizzy

Re: the techno thread

Post by ezza » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:17 pm

evilz

DiegoSapiens wrote:thats so industrial
soronery wrote:New low

User avatar
JimmaJamJamie
Posts: 3451
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Re: the techno thread

Post by JimmaJamJamie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:32 pm

gwa wrote:Blawan is post dubstep not techno ffs
LOLZ :6:

hdechter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: the techno thread

Post by hdechter » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:43 pm


herbs
Posts: 738
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: the techno thread

Post by herbs » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:25 pm

dunno if someones mentioned it already, but I copped the new Frozen Borders comp 'Minutes in Ice' and it's fucking good.

skimpi
Posts: 4241
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 am

Re: the techno thread

Post by skimpi » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:21 pm

herbs wrote:dunno if someones mentioned it already, but I copped the new Frozen Borders comp 'Minutes in Ice' and it's fucking good.
Yup
TopManLurka wrote: thanks for confirming
OiOiii #BELTER

User avatar
AxeD
Posts: 9361
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 pm
Location: Damstarem

Re: the techno thread

Post by AxeD » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 am

wormcode wrote:
vishes wrote:As I said before in this thread, atm I'm really feeling this sort of organic/industrial sound of techno that (for instance) Blawan is pushing. But I was wondering if anyone could recommend me any other producers with a similar sort of sound?
Sorry for the stupid question, I know, but I'm going to a record store tomorrow that has loads of techno records so knowing what other producer I could look for would make it a lot easier for me while I'm digging through the crates.
Last time I was there I hadn't heard of 90% of the producers so I didn't really know what records to pick up and check out.
Thanks guys.
Well, it's not 100% similar but a lot of his tracks remind me of schranz, but with more house inspiration. Schranz is a bit of a joke genre but there's some good tunes. Chris Liebing was really pushing those sounds for a few years. Check out CLR artists like him, Umek, Speedy J and other labels they release on.
Can't say I agree with you here, but like I said if you want stuff similar to Blawan I wouldn't go with techno music.
Although I understand Gwa is probably joking it's not exactly the usual techno sound.
A set from Brian Sanhaji is entirely a different vibe than a set from Blawan.

I'd stick to the UK, some Birmingham stuff maybe.. and scb of course.
Agent 47 wrote:Next time I can think of something, I will.

skimpi
Posts: 4241
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 am

Re: the techno thread

Post by skimpi » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:25 am

AxeD wrote:
wormcode wrote:
vishes wrote:As I said before in this thread, atm I'm really feeling this sort of organic/industrial sound of techno that (for instance) Blawan is pushing. But I was wondering if anyone could recommend me any other producers with a similar sort of sound?
Sorry for the stupid question, I know, but I'm going to a record store tomorrow that has loads of techno records so knowing what other producer I could look for would make it a lot easier for me while I'm digging through the crates.
Last time I was there I hadn't heard of 90% of the producers so I didn't really know what records to pick up and check out.
Thanks guys.
Well, it's not 100% similar but a lot of his tracks remind me of schranz, but with more house inspiration. Schranz is a bit of a joke genre but there's some good tunes. Chris Liebing was really pushing those sounds for a few years. Check out CLR artists like him, Umek, Speedy J and other labels they release on.
Can't say I agree with you here, but like I said if you want stuff similar to Blawan I wouldn't go with techno music.
Although I understand Gwa is probably joking it's not exactly the usual techno sound.
A set from Brian Sanhaji is entirely a different vibe than a set from Blawan.

I'd stick to the UK, some Birmingham stuff maybe.. and scb of course.
If you haven't check out the funf compilation from ostgut ton, that has some industrial percussion styled tracks on it.
TopManLurka wrote: thanks for confirming
OiOiii #BELTER

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests