America can be so embarrassing. :|

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
User avatar
rbnc
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by rbnc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:48 pm

noam wrote:surely it'd be more beneficial for the people to have an increase in taxation which would cover some sort of national health service instead of the inflated insurance premiums everyone has been complaining about??

is it more complex than that??

also i dont see how a government run health care system is a threat to capitalism and free enterprise...? the pharmaceutical companies, the contractors who build hospitals, the entire infrastructure surrounding the 'nhs' is all private- enabling governments to actively sponsor private sector businesses.

or am i way off the mark?
No you're not off the mark.

The Government doesn't need more money to run their healthcare system though, they already spend nearly 3 times what the UK government spends per person on healthcare.

The problem is, the system is corrupt, not regulated enough and financially orientated.
Soundcloud


Soundcloud

Decade Myself and Jack Dixon forthcoming on Take Records.

fretn
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: BE

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by fretn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Bass Hertz (& Tea Party supporers), you really do not have a clue about what is happening outside the US...

Every time I look at the news and it has a feature about this "tea party" I just can't stop to laugh, but is also sad?
Is that where the US wants to go to, a christian theocracy that is ruled by the WASPS, with no basic healthcare for everyone?
Why would you deny the children of a unemployed person the right to be healed for a minimum amount of money. It's just sickening to me how liberterian & cold your society is, the governement is not a bad thing. In Europe I am considered a libertarian, I am pro for less intervention of the state in the economy (trade unions are ruining everything and they are supported by the law, they hijack an entire country (in this case: the trains) just to complain) but the state should regulate when things are getting out of hand (if Obama didn't do anything, the US economy would still be a rusty wreck, not pro obama I expected more from him). A social democracy (like we have in Western Europe)is not communism, we still have a capitalistic system. how does our society differ from yours? I am glad that a small part of my future paycheck will give me a pension & good healthcare for just a small cost. I don't understand why anyone could be against this?

just my 2 cents, but you crazy americans sound like lunatics to me.

P.S. One more thing, if you consider Obama as a communist, what are our socialist politcians then? :lol: :lol: :lol:
chazer wrote:most of visitors were shocked by horrible Zombys mixing skills (he didn't even try)
they called him "iPod in mask"
:lol:

User avatar
symmetricalsounds
Posts: 2200
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:05 pm
Location: uk

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by symmetricalsounds » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:20 pm

noam wrote: is it more complex than that??
no

bass hertz
Permanent Vacation
Posts: 3736
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:28 am
Location: Land of the free, Home of the brave!

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by bass hertz » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:35 pm

fretn wrote:Bass Hertz (& Tea Party supporers), you really do not have a clue about what is happening outside the US...

Every time I look at the news and it has a feature about this "tea party" I just can't stop to laugh, but is also sad?
Is that where the US wants to go to, a christian theocracy that is ruled by the WASPS, with no basic healthcare for everyone?
Why would you deny the children of a unemployed person the right to be healed for a minimum amount of money. It's just sickening to me how liberterian & cold your society is, the governement is not a bad thing. In Europe I am considered a libertarian, I am pro for less intervention of the state in the economy (trade unions are ruining everything and they are supported by the law, they hijack an entire country (in this case: the trains) just to complain) but the state should regulate when things are getting out of hand (if Obama didn't do anything, the US economy would still be a rusty wreck, not pro obama I expected more from him). A social democracy (like we have in Western Europe)is not communism, we still have a capitalistic system. how does our society differ from yours? I am glad that a small part of my future paycheck will give me a pension & good healthcare for just a small cost. I don't understand why anyone could be against this?

just my 2 cents, but you crazy americans sound like lunatics to me.

P.S. One more thing, if you consider Obama as a communist, what are our socialist politcians then? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought I explained my position. We're not all the same. You can't just lump us all into the same group.

And we live in a world with a global news cycle. It takes only seconds to see what's happening in Europe via the internet, bbc, reuters, and google. Are you aware of this? http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Fre ... 23283.html

User avatar
honey-d
Posts: 1220
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:28 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by honey-d » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:01 pm

the Tea Party is easily the most embarrassing facet of American politics right now
deranger wrote:It's like, one love, except if you're a stupid, drunk asshole that can't flow for shit.
AIM: Proletariantears

User avatar
rbnc
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by rbnc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:04 pm

honey-d wrote:the Tea Party is easily the most embarrassing facet of American politics right now
The Tea Party is the least politically informed political movement, ever.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/politi ... .gaffe.cnn
Soundcloud


Soundcloud

Decade Myself and Jack Dixon forthcoming on Take Records.

User avatar
collige
Posts: 6316
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:50 am
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by collige » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:15 pm

noam wrote:surely it'd be more beneficial for the people to have an increase in taxation which would cover some sort of national health service instead of the inflated insurance premiums everyone has been complaining about??
It would.


But that would be communism.

the right wing made it very clear that the health care bill didn't have a chance in hell of passing if it offered any kind of gov't run program.
Statement of Intent VIP / Sahaquiel v4 single out now on UK Trends.
Soundcloud
Soundcloud | Bandcamp | Mixcloud | Twitter

feral witchchild
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:49 am

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by feral witchchild » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:17 pm

alien pimp wrote:no, america is beyond embarrassing, but mostly because of shit like this:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/a ... &FEEDNAME=

this deserves a thread of its own actually...
Army public affairs official Gary Tallman was asked for comment five times between Oct. 13-19, but has responded only by asking how Fox News knew about the event.
^ Loooool wtf. : |
collige wrote:some stay dry and others feel the pain.

User avatar
stappard
Posts: 1529
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:56 am
Location: se5

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by stappard » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:47 pm

collige wrote:
noam wrote:surely it'd be more beneficial for the people to have an increase in taxation which would cover some sort of national health service instead of the inflated insurance premiums everyone has been complaining about??
It would.


But that would be communism.


apart from how it wouldn't be communism

User avatar
yakas
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm
Location: carpas

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by yakas » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:47 pm

* this was ill placed, sorry

One of the reasons healthcare is so expensive is that the doctors have to pay huge amounts for malpractice insurance. We are doing it to ourselves, sue-happy and spoiled.

I looked at you fb page bass hertz and one of the first comments on there was someone whining "I want NO MORE TAXES of any kind".... Are you fucking joking. The last time there were no taxes, cavemen would club your ass for sniffin their trogs butt. I understand now. Conservatives are looking to bring back to the Cambrian explosion so they can use their guns freely.

User avatar
magma
Posts: 18810
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by magma » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:52 pm

honey-d wrote:the Tea Party is easily the most embarrassing facet of American politics right now
It's already undone a lot of the good that Obama rising to power did for America's image across the globe... real shame. The sad thing is that the majority of Americans still seem pretty reasonable... this is a massively loud minority. It's basically political terrorism... shock tactics with the intention to lower the tone so far that nobody knows what the relevant issues even are anymore.

If only it was the people fronting the Tea Party that were the 'brains' behind it... I'm not on some conspiracy shit, but it was fairly clear at the start of the hype that Fox had more than a small vested interest in making it run.. it's been pointed out a million times, yet people still think this is a "political" struggle in the name of the "people"... it's absolutely not, it's a struggle of frustrated opposition... it's a cynical attempt to take down a democratically elected government by a bordering-on-violent minority who are pissed that for the first time this century there are centre-leftists (and not even that left!) in the White House.

And that's not even starting on the rhetoric. Politically vacuous would be too complimentary. The candidate side of the "movement" is for all intents and purposes a celebrity movement designed to propel certain personalities to comfortable fame for the rest of their lives, it is NOT a political party. Sarah Palin fits the campaign trail like Madeline Albright fits the catwalk - not very well.

For the world's sake.... take it down a fucking notch America.
Meus equus tuo altior est

"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

User avatar
alien pimp
Posts: 5739
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:51 am
Location: 13 Years 1 Love
Contact:

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by alien pimp » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:53 pm

feral witchchild wrote:
alien pimp wrote:no, america is beyond embarrassing, but mostly because of shit like this:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/a ... &FEEDNAME=

this deserves a thread of its own actually...
Army public affairs official Gary Tallman was asked for comment five times between Oct. 13-19, but has responded only by asking how Fox News knew about the event.
^ Loooool wtf. : |
i would laugh too if many people would not contribute their lives to this farce...
actually i'm laughing anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:
ADULT BASS MUSIC VOL. 1 - MIDTEMPO + UPTEMPO EDITIONS - OUT NOW!

Soundcloud
Soundcloud
http://dubkraftrecords.com
http://silviucostinescu.info

User avatar
rbnc
Posts: 1223
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by rbnc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:30 pm

magma wrote:
If only it was the people fronting the Tea Party that were the 'brains' behind it... I'm not on some conspiracy shit, but it was fairly clear at the start of the hype that Fox had more than a small vested interest in making it run.. it's been pointed out a million times, yet people still think this is a "political" struggle in the name of the "people"... it's absolutely not, it's a struggle of frustrated opposition..
It's not a conspiracy at all, the Koch brothers are 100% the driving force behind the tea party.

This will blow your mind.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010 ... _fact_maye

edit:
All 10 pages:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010 ... ntPage=all
Soundcloud


Soundcloud

Decade Myself and Jack Dixon forthcoming on Take Records.

User avatar
fuagofire
Posts: 1611
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: oxford

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by fuagofire » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:14 pm

when they talk about an increase in tax how much are they talking? and how much tax do americans pay now?

User avatar
collige
Posts: 6316
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:50 am
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by collige » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:18 pm

stappard wrote:
collige wrote:
noam wrote:surely it'd be more beneficial for the people to have an increase in taxation which would cover some sort of national health service instead of the inflated insurance premiums everyone has been complaining about??
It would.


But that would be communism.


apart from how it wouldn't be communism
I probably should've used quotes.
Statement of Intent VIP / Sahaquiel v4 single out now on UK Trends.
Soundcloud
Soundcloud | Bandcamp | Mixcloud | Twitter

feral witchchild
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:49 am

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by feral witchchild » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:20 pm

bass hertz wrote:This is my local group:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Guilford- ... 1143255372
Fuck you and fuck all the conservatives in your piece of shit state, you ignorant-ass motherfucker.
collige wrote:some stay dry and others feel the pain.

deadly_habit
Posts: 22980
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:41 am
Location: MURRICA

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by deadly_habit » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:25 pm

fuagofire wrote:when they talk about an increase in tax how much are they talking? and how much tax do americans pay now?
that's when you get into a whole new debate
but here's the current scale
http://www.moneybluebook.com/2010-feder ... tax-rates/

fretn
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: BE

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by fretn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:27 pm

bass hertz wrote:
fretn wrote:Bass Hertz (& Tea Party supporers), you really do not have a clue about what is happening outside the US...

Every time I look at the news and it has a feature about this "tea party" I just can't stop to laugh, but is also sad?
Is that where the US wants to go to, a christian theocracy that is ruled by the WASPS, with no basic healthcare for everyone?
Why would you deny the children of a unemployed person the right to be healed for a minimum amount of money. It's just sickening to me how liberterian & cold your society is, the governement is not a bad thing. In Europe I am considered a libertarian, I am pro for less intervention of the state in the economy (trade unions are ruining everything and they are supported by the law, they hijack an entire country (in this case: the trains) just to complain) but the state should regulate when things are getting out of hand (if Obama didn't do anything, the US economy would still be a rusty wreck, not pro obama I expected more from him). A social democracy (like we have in Western Europe)is not communism, we still have a capitalistic system. how does our society differ from yours? I am glad that a small part of my future paycheck will give me a pension & good healthcare for just a small cost. I don't understand why anyone could be against this?

just my 2 cents, but you crazy americans sound like lunatics to me.

P.S. One more thing, if you consider Obama as a communist, what are our socialist politcians then? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought I explained my position. We're not all the same. You can't just lump us all into the same group.

And we live in a world with a global news cycle. It takes only seconds to see what's happening in Europe via the internet, bbc, reuters, and google. Are you aware of this? http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Fre ... 23283.html
Yes, but I do not live in France.
French people are just lazy.
chazer wrote:most of visitors were shocked by horrible Zombys mixing skills (he didn't even try)
they called him "iPod in mask"
:lol:

User avatar
fractal
Mako
Posts: 12133
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:58 pm
Location: emerald city, cascadia

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by fractal » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:31 pm

tea baggers are just a silly version of the republican/christian/kkk virus that has infected america for years



imho
sub.wise:.
slow down
epochalypso wrote:man dun no bout da 'nuum

fretn
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:57 pm
Location: BE

Re: America can be so embarrassing. :|

Post by fretn » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:33 pm

collige wrote:
noam wrote:surely it'd be more beneficial for the people to have an increase in taxation which would cover some sort of national health service instead of the inflated insurance premiums everyone has been complaining about??
It would.


But that would be communism.

the right wing made it very clear that the health care bill didn't have a chance in hell of passing if it offered any kind of gov't run program.
No that would not be communism, the Soviet-Union was communism!
Are countries like Sweden, Holland, Germany, Belgium, ... communist socialist paradises?
I highly doubt it :lol:
chazer wrote:most of visitors were shocked by horrible Zombys mixing skills (he didn't even try)
they called him "iPod in mask"
:lol:

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests