Ladies only swimming

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
jazzamataz
Posts: 1598
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: SW15
Contact:

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by jazzamataz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Liam92 wrote: Not actually in the UK, but pretty much ran by people from the UK, when I was in holiday in Zante, 90% of the clubs were always free entry for women and men ALWAYS had to pay to get into the ones that charged, how the fuck is that fair?! :u: :u:
This is really simple as I used to work promotions... It's not... and there's two reasons.

a) Girl to guy ratio should be about 2:1 in order to keep fighting between blokes
down to a minimum. (600 capacity for example > 400 girls, 200 blokes = less hassle
for the door.)

b) If there are girls in the club, blokes will pay to get in. They'll even pay £15 before
doors close on a £5 cover.
dutty_switch wrote:ASDA has better deals than Morrisons. Rollback mothefucker, dun know!
Helix [Delay] wrote:Everybody's gay for Stephen Fry.

User avatar
the wiggle baron
Posts: 5420
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by the wiggle baron » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 am

Image
Saturday nights 7-9pm GMT - Wiggle Baron @ SubFM!

Radio archive: http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=60164.html
Mixes: http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=63354
Electronic Explorations 035
Deeper Mix
Bad Mood Dub
2hr Classics Selection

User avatar
LACE
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:00 pm
Location: reykjavik

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by LACE » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 am

clifford_- wrote:
Motorway to Roswell wrote:
clifford_- wrote:lineswoman?
It's like police officer. It's open to either sex. Female linesman cancels itself out.

She did a good job anyway. It was onside.
It was, im not doubting that. But linesman get shit all the time, dont see them complaining, its only becuase its a woman that its made the headlines. Been blown completely out of proportion.
How can you say that? You couldn't be anymore delusional. This is why she made the headlines.

Keys: "Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her."

Gray: "Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don't know the offside rule."

Keys: "Course they don't."


And she called it correctly. It's plainly sexist..how can you not see this.

Did Keys and Gray (or any sports commentator) ever state that Men don't know the offside rule?.. I'll let you figure that out.

just gonna add to this a bit since I have a lot of time on my hands

this is sexism at it's core, the idea that women cannot do things or are lesser then men simply because we have a different anatomy. I don't think it was blown out of proportion, this needs to be acknowledged because this is the type of treatment that WE get as women that you will NEVER understand.
Last edited by LACE on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ketamine wrote: Also, I'd just like to point out that girls "exist".

User avatar
firky
Posts: 10336
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: seckle is a tnuc
Contact:

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by firky » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:51 am

^^^ Oh now I know what Zenie was on about. I didn't even know there was a female linesman, or who Keys and Grey are :D
Sound System Rental

Inventor of the Turban.

User avatar
DRTY
Posts: 7900
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:08 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by DRTY » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:08 am

jazzamataz wrote:Girl to guy ratio should be about 2:1 in order to keep fighting between blokes
down to a minimum
in my experience that's just not true though, girls usually get guys into shit. Having women around makes them want to outdo eachother.

particle-jim
Posts: 10747
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:56 am
Location: Hermosillo, Mexico via South London
Contact:

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by particle-jim » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:31 am

DRTY wrote:
jazzamataz wrote:Girl to guy ratio should be about 2:1 in order to keep fighting between blokes
down to a minimum
in my experience that's just not true though, girls usually get guys into shit. Having women around makes them want to outdo eachother.
100%

Girls also tend to like starting arguments then swanning off and letting the men do all the hard work... seen it first hand, one of my mates exGFs starting on some random guy and calling this dude's missus a slag, which then starts a big dispute between this guys group of friends and my group of friends, none of us wanted to get into a fight but all of us had been dragged into it by this daft bint mouthing off to a random guy. I simply refused to get involved as it was none of my doing.

Nobody was responsible for her actions apart from her but because she was with a group of about 20 guys she thinks she will say what she wants to who she wants and we will defend her regardless... well i certainly wont, if you can talk your way into trouble you can talk your way out of it, i will not swing for some random guy i don't know and have no beef with because YOU called HIM a tnuc!!!

you can probably tell i don't like this girl very much
imami wrote:i put secret donks in all my tunes, just low enough so you can't hear them
http://www.soundcloud.com/particle
http://www.mixcloud.com/particlejim

User avatar
firky
Posts: 10336
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: seckle is a tnuc
Contact:

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by firky » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:49 am

particle-jim wrote:
DRTY wrote:
jazzamataz wrote:Girl to guy ratio should be about 2:1 in order to keep fighting between blokes
down to a minimum
in my experience that's just not true though, girls usually get guys into shit. Having women around makes them want to outdo eachother.
100%

Girls also tend to like starting arguments then swanning off and letting the men do all the hard work...
Yep all women are like this, all one hundred and ten percent of them. It's not like us men, who only a very small percentage get pissed up and act like arseholes starting fights, no sir, it's always those stupid women.

Fuck women - they're ruining the swimming scene :x
Sound System Rental

Inventor of the Turban.

Motorway to Roswell
Posts: 5929
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:40 pm
Location: In that palace in the sun

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by Motorway to Roswell » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:53 am

LACE wrote:
clifford_- wrote:
Motorway to Roswell wrote:
clifford_- wrote:lineswoman?
It's like police officer. It's open to either sex. Female linesman cancels itself out.

She did a good job anyway. It was onside.
It was, im not doubting that. But linesman get shit all the time, dont see them complaining, its only becuase its a woman that its made the headlines. Been blown completely out of proportion.
How can you say that? You couldn't be anymore delusional. This is why she made the headlines.

Keys: "Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her."

Gray: "Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don't know the offside rule."

Keys: "Course they don't."


And she called it correctly. It's plainly sexist..how can you not see this.

Did Keys and Gray (or any sports commentator) ever state that Men don't know the offside rule?.. I'll let you figure that out.

just gonna add to this a bit since I have a lot of time on my hands

this is sexism at it's core, the idea that women cannot do things or are lesser then men simply because we have a different anatomy. I don't think it was blown out of proportion, this needs to be acknowledged because this is the type of treatment that WE get as women that you will NEVER understand.
Exactly.

Keys and Gray are morons. If they'd made a general comment about officials it would have been fine, but they didn't. They made an idiotic statement about women.

It was tight but it was definitely onside.
"...we now pause to test the soul of the Steppenwolf"

particle-jim
Posts: 10747
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:56 am
Location: Hermosillo, Mexico via South London
Contact:

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by particle-jim » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:12 pm

firky wrote:
particle-jim wrote:
DRTY wrote:
jazzamataz wrote:Girl to guy ratio should be about 2:1 in order to keep fighting between blokes
down to a minimum
in my experience that's just not true though, girls usually get guys into shit. Having women around makes them want to outdo eachother.
100%

Girls also tend to like starting arguments then swanning off and letting the men do all the hard work...
Yep all women are like this, all one hundred and ten percent of them. It's not like us men, who only a very small percentage get pissed up and act like arseholes starting fights, no sir, it's always those stupid women.
Not exactly what i said there, i think you're taking it a bit out of context mate :P

To be fair i did give an example of what i meant, a girl i know who because she hangs out with lots of guys thinks she can say what she wants to who she wants (usually drunk pricks looking for an excuse to have a fight) and that us chaps will "pick up the tab" as it where when what she says inevitably causes a lot of grief and needless hassle. The point isn't that these guys are sort to enjoy getting into fights, its that the only reason we ever get into these situations is due to this girl mouthing off to them. if she wasn't there there would be no reason for any sort of conflict to happen

i know a lot of men are meatheads who love a fight, but i'm not one of them (and neither are my friends) and that's why i resent hanging out with a girl, who i dont even particularly like, who REGULARLY does this shit and gets my friends into a bunch of trouble with the sort of dickheads who DO like getting pissed up and fighting.
imami wrote:i put secret donks in all my tunes, just low enough so you can't hear them
http://www.soundcloud.com/particle
http://www.mixcloud.com/particlejim

User avatar
firky
Posts: 10336
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: seckle is a tnuc
Contact:

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by firky » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Kick her in the fanny bone >:)
Sound System Rental

Inventor of the Turban.

User avatar
crackf
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 pm
Location: The Arctic

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by crackf » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:57 pm

LACE wrote:
clifford_- wrote:
Motorway to Roswell wrote:
clifford_- wrote:lineswoman?
It's like police officer. It's open to either sex. Female linesman cancels itself out.

She did a good job anyway. It was onside.
It was, im not doubting that. But linesman get shit all the time, dont see them complaining, its only becuase its a woman that its made the headlines. Been blown completely out of proportion.
How can you say that? You couldn't be anymore delusional. This is why she made the headlines.

Keys: "Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her."

Gray: "Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don't know the offside rule."

Keys: "Course they don't."


And she called it correctly. It's plainly sexist..how can you not see this.

Did Keys and Gray (or any sports commentator) ever state that Men don't know the offside rule?.. I'll let you figure that out.

just gonna add to this a bit since I have a lot of time on my hands

this is sexism at it's core, the idea that women cannot do things or are lesser then men simply because we have a different anatomy. I don't think it was blown out of proportion, this needs to be acknowledged because this is the type of treatment that WE get as women that you will NEVER understand.
lol but its been an ongoing joke for a few years that women dont understand the offside rule

girls cant throw either

i think people should stop taking things so serious and see the lighter side of life,
ive been ginger all my life and ive never been offended by ginger jokes because... oh yeah.. they are jokes?
gwa wrote:you and crackf are the most coolest
quatagwan

particle-jim
Posts: 10747
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:56 am
Location: Hermosillo, Mexico via South London
Contact:

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by particle-jim » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 pm

firky wrote:Kick her in the fanny bone >:)
I wouldn't want to sully my shoes
imami wrote:i put secret donks in all my tunes, just low enough so you can't hear them
http://www.soundcloud.com/particle
http://www.mixcloud.com/particlejim

User avatar
LACE
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:00 pm
Location: reykjavik

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by LACE » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:24 pm

crackf wrote:
LACE wrote:
clifford_- wrote:
Motorway to Roswell wrote:
clifford_- wrote:lineswoman?
It's like police officer. It's open to either sex. Female linesman cancels itself out.

She did a good job anyway. It was onside.
It was, im not doubting that. But linesman get shit all the time, dont see them complaining, its only becuase its a woman that its made the headlines. Been blown completely out of proportion.
How can you say that? You couldn't be anymore delusional. This is why she made the headlines.

Keys: "Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her."

Gray: "Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don't know the offside rule."

Keys: "Course they don't."


And she called it correctly. It's plainly sexist..how can you not see this.

Did Keys and Gray (or any sports commentator) ever state that Men don't know the offside rule?.. I'll let you figure that out.

just gonna add to this a bit since I have a lot of time on my hands

this is sexism at it's core, the idea that women cannot do things or are lesser then men simply because we have a different anatomy. I don't think it was blown out of proportion, this needs to be acknowledged because this is the type of treatment that WE get as women that you will NEVER understand.
lol but its been an ongoing joke for a few years that women dont understand the offside rule

girls cant throw either

i think people should stop taking things so serious and see the lighter side of life,
ive been ginger all my life and ive never been offended by ginger jokes because... oh yeah.. they are jokes?

Yeah, discrimination is really funny. Hope you get paid less because your ginger, hope people use an international platform to degrade you because you're a ginger, and I hope that you will always be seen as a second class citizen because..you're a ginger.

Who cares right? Because it's all a funny joke. Yeah maybe I wouldn't take it so seriously, if it wasn't an actual problem in our society.

Ginger jokes ≠ The Oppression of Women throughout history

Lol, You've made me take this way further then where I wanted to go..
ketamine wrote: Also, I'd just like to point out that girls "exist".

User avatar
crackf
Posts: 2314
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 pm
Location: The Arctic

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by crackf » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 pm

LACE wrote:

Yeah, discrimination is really funny. Hope you get paid less because your ginger, hope people use an international platform to degrade you because you're a ginger, and I hope that you will always be seen as a second class citizen because..you're a ginger.

Who cares right? Because it's all a funny joke. Yeah maybe I wouldn't take it so seriously, if it wasn't an actual problem in our society.

Ginger jokes ≠ The Oppression of Women throughout history

Lol, You've made me take this way further then where I wanted to go..
yeah i dono its not really the 50s anymore im pretty sure womens rights are way more fair now

perhaps a bit too fair -q-
gwa wrote:you and crackf are the most coolest
quatagwan

jazzamataz
Posts: 1598
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: SW15
Contact:

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by jazzamataz » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Guys, have you worked nightclub doors as a promoter?

I did that for a year on a daily basis - and trust me when I say - having
a sausage-fest in a club is bad news all round. I can count on one hand
the amount of nights we had more guys than girls in a club and the rate
of fights was ridiculous. You end up with guys fighting not only because
they're drunk and chasing after the same chick but because someone's
new adidas got scuffed / someone was looking at my mate funny /
the prick was trying it with my friend (whom is a girl) etc etc.

Yes, girls can also instigate fights - I'm the first to agree with that notion,
i've said it on here enough times. You do have a small female contingent
that like to stir up trouble. However, you keep the girls up, and boys down
and you will have a lot of money behind the bar, at the door and minimal
fuss on the night (maybe one fight or two as opposed to six or seven and
the possibility of getting shut down.)
dutty_switch wrote:ASDA has better deals than Morrisons. Rollback mothefucker, dun know!
Helix [Delay] wrote:Everybody's gay for Stephen Fry.

User avatar
LACE
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:00 pm
Location: reykjavik

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by LACE » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:43 pm

yeah i dono its not really the 50s anymore im pretty sure womens rights are way more fair now
Lol, let's just agree on this and call it day.
ketamine wrote: Also, I'd just like to point out that girls "exist".

User avatar
misskatiemo
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 6:49 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by misskatiemo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:08 pm

The NYC Parks + Rec pools have ladies-only swim times bc of religious reasons. I live in a neighborhood that's half hipster, half orthodox jews, so it's used quite often. Annoying but I can see the relevance (plus I'm a lady, so I can swim anyway :) ).
AIM: misskatiemo
Twitter: @misskatiemo

noam
Posts: 10825
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Manchester/Leeds

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by noam » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 pm

wolf89 wrote:
Pistonsbeneath wrote:
noam wrote:there's bigger problems with social equality in this country than there being 'too many' womens' only hours in the swimming pool.

get a grip.
well ya know everything is relative

thats an issue that directly affects him

im sure you never complain about something that just affects you
Yeah, so If I spill boiling water on my hand while I'm cooking it can't annoy me because somewhere in the world someone is on fire
how does that relate? you seriously wana go there? lol

bear in mind its ladies' hours... not ladies' days.

go later in the day. go earlier. go before work. go right after it. to equate this with some sort of discrimination when what its trying to do is make it more appealing for the fat/overweight and older generation of women to be able to have some sort of leisure activity in comfort is dumb

User avatar
kay
Posts: 7343
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by kay » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:16 pm

jazzamataz wrote:Guys, have you worked nightclub doors as a promoter?

I did that for a year on a daily basis - and trust me when I say - having
a sausage-fest in a club is bad news all round. I can count on one hand
the amount of nights we had more guys than girls in a club and the rate
of fights was ridiculous. You end up with guys fighting not only because
they're drunk and chasing after the same chick but because someone's
new adidas got scuffed / someone was looking at my mate funny /
the prick was trying it with my friend (whom is a girl) etc etc.
It's generally fine on dubstep nights though, where the ratio of men to women lies somewhere between infinity and 50 times.

User avatar
firky
Posts: 10336
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 pm
Location: seckle is a tnuc
Contact:

Re: Ladies only swimming

Post by firky » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:26 pm

crackf wrote: yeah i dono its not really the 50s anymore im pretty sure womens rights are way more fair now
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA the glass ceiling has merely cracked, it is very much a patriarchal world.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 66130.html
Harriet Harman, the minister for Women, has renewed her attack on the financial industry, describing it as a "breeding ground for discrimination", after it emerged that women working in the City were being paid as much as 60 per cent less than their male counterparts.

Men in the sector are also receiving nearly 80 per cent more in perks and bonuses, according to figures from the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC).
Just a small random collection of stats.
A report published in 2008 found women and girls to be disproportionately sexualised across the media and popular culture and that a driving factor behind this is the mainstreaming of the sex industries, in particular pornography, lap dancing and prostitution (Object, May 2008).

In 2007/08, only 19% of MPs, and 20% of the House of Lords were female. From 2006 to 2007/8, the number of female members of the cabinet fell from 35% in 2006 to 26%. i

In 2007/08 only 26% of Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) are women.

In 2006 only one of the 26% of female MEPs was from a BME group.

In 2006, 29% of local authority councillors were women and only 0.9% were women from an ethnic minority background. Between 1997 and 2006 the number of women councillors from an ethnic minority background rose by just

To date, no region has reached the threshold of one-third female councillors.

In 2006, the Labour party has 31% women councillors; the Liberal Democrats have 32% and the Conservatives had 28%.

There is significant disparity between individual councils, for example Redcar and Cleveland has more female councillors than male, while North West Leicestershire has just 13% female councillors (2006 figures).

41% of parliamentary candidates have said that selection committees in their parties look more favourably on male than female candidates.

Research in 2008 found that more women were going into teaching than eight years ago, but their pay and promotion prospects still trailed behind men's.i The study commissioned by the National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Women Teachers found that:

A fifth of male primary teachers with between five and nine years experience are in leadership roles, compared with 8.5% of their female colleagues.

After 20 years' service, 70% of men are on their way to becoming head teachers, compared to just 40% of women.

In secondary schools, 3.5% of men with five to nine years experience are in leadership roles, compared with 2% of their female colleagues.

The gulf widens when male teachers have more than 20 years service. 24% of male teachers with more than 20 years service are on their way to becoming head teachers, compared with 15.7% of their female colleagues.

The career structure in teaching is not set up for career breaks so women with children fail to progress or leave.
Sound System Rental

Inventor of the Turban.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests