BREAKING BAD!!!!!

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
orangeluva56

Re: BREAKING BAD!!!!!

Post by orangeluva56 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:36 am

it turns out walt comes and tells jesse it was all a misunderstanding and then hank forgives walt and they all have a nice pint of Schraderbrau as the credits roll
proud owner of Lurka's only big up
DiegoSapiens wrote:your sig makes me angry ffs^

esfandyar

Post by esfandyar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:34 am

confessions are a bitch

so are fires
AntlionUK wrote:fuck you SNH
Soundcloud

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:45 am

Am I the only one thinking that Jesse wouldn't have forgotten Brock got sick from the lily of the valley, not ricin being a major plothole?

Phigure

Post by Phigure » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:46 am

deadly habit wrote:Am I the only one thinking that Jesse wouldn't have forgotten Brock got sick from the lily of the valley, not ricin being a major plothole?
i dont think its that big of a deal, whether or not he was poisoned with it, the ricin still disappeared and now he knows how
j_j wrote:^lol
Soundcloud | Twitter

Post by __________ » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:54 am

Am I the only person who got bored of Breaking Bad? I used to watch it fanatically but around seasons 3-4 it seemed they just started to recycle the plot over and over again.

Someone tell me I'm not alone. Seasons 1-3ish were gold but the writing fell off badly after a while. I'll still check the new season doe eventually.

Soul_Of_Seun

Post by Soul_Of_Seun » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:18 am

You're alone.

The writing has improved substantially since the first 3 seasons IMO. The plot has shown consistent and considerable growth. Walt has gone from a brilliant but unassuming, sympathetic HS teacher who sold drugs on the side to an outright manipulative villainous drug lord while striking down his enemies in the most spectacular, escalating fashion. Season 2 was probably the most action oriented season, however season 5 has revealed itself as the most intense in terms of conflict in interpersonal relationships.

Skyler has gone from cold ball-breaker, to en-trapped victim, to willing participant, to partner in crime. Hank has gone from no guts no glory action cop/comedian to measured, conflicted moral compass. Jesse has gone from dimwitted careless druggie to, astute highly conflicted opposing force of good. Saul has always been the voice of reason. Every character has progressed in some way. And so has the plot. Cancer has come and gone and come again, a new baby was born, loose ends tied only to be undone again in the most unexpected ways. Nothing has been recycled at all, IMO. Don't know where you're getting that.
Soundcloud

Mystical

Electric_Head

Post by Electric_Head » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:24 am

£10 Bag wrote:Am I the only person who got bored of Breaking Bad? I used to watch it fanatically but around seasons 3-4 it seemed they just started to recycle the plot over and over again.

Someone tell me I'm not alone. Seasons 1-3ish were gold but the writing fell off badly after a while. I'll still check the new season doe eventually.
I've heard this same comment from many people.
US pushing the series too far as with most.
Image ImageImage Image

NickUndercover

Post by NickUndercover » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Walt has become so manipulative and calculating that he just might get away in the end...

That or Carlito's way style: Bogdan comes back on him for ruining him with the carwash and insulting his eyebrows :6:
cloaked_up wrote:im not a fan of belgium tho TBQH (genocide in the congo anyone????)

garethom

Post by garethom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:37 pm

Jesse is a sideman, racking me off.

Pedro Sánchez

Post by Pedro Sánchez » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:41 pm

I have just acquired season 1-4 boxset of this, better be good, starting my viewing tonight.
Genevieve wrote:It's a universal law that the rich have to exploit the poor. Preferably violently.

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:45 pm

Naan_Bread

Post by Naan_Bread » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:32 pm

WHERE ARE THE KIDS IS HOLLY OKAY FUCK FUCK FUCK

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:49 pm

Naan Bread wrote:WHERE ARE THE KIDS IS HOLLY OKAY FUCK FUCK FUCK
I wouldn't worry about Jesse hurting the kids, but it does bring up a new plot hole. With Walt and Skyler both at the carwash multiple times, and the estrangement from Hank and Marie, who is looking after Holly?
Walt Jr may just be at school and look after himself, but what about Holly?

Jizz

Post by Jizz » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:54 pm

Holly's a bad bitch, she out in tha hood lookin after herself y0

Mr Hyde

Post by Mr Hyde » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:20 am

Some of you are being too critical, you need to susspend belief a bit with fiction; just because it hasn't shown where the kids are or Jessie knowing ricin wasn't used doesn't mean there aren't 100's of other explainaitions (like daycare, and Jessie knowing ricin wasn't used but pissed off he was tricked into thinking it was and knowing the kid got poisoned by something)....plus these things will probably be explained in the next episode anyway. Just go with it.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:16 am

My god this episode was intense as hell, really need this week to go quickly.
Etches828 wrote:assuming that 130 is a tempo not a sound, which is the point, think it's pretty good when stuff is just described by tempo opposed to some made up name

Lystric

Post by Lystric » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:05 am

I want that dea mug

Genevieve

Post by Genevieve » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:54 am

Extremely emotional episode. Jr going in for a hug, Walt being reminded of his "other son" and calling Jesse. Calling in the hit on Jesse.. etc.

Heartbreaking to think they're pitted against each other because of a misunderstanding.

namsayin

:'0

esfandyar

Post by esfandyar » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:58 am

Marcus wrote:My god this episode was intense as hell, really need this week to go quickly.
was it? thought it was slow.. unnecessarily spanned out whereas it could have been used for better.. felt like dragonball.

the turn of events with hank and jesse was interesting however.

maria and jesse. need more interactions.
AntlionUK wrote:fuck you SNH
Soundcloud

Genevieve

Post by Genevieve » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:02 am

I thought the pacing was purrrfect.

namsayin

:'0