Secret Ninja Fashion Thread

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
Liam92

Re: so who's into fashion?

Post by Liam92 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:03 pm

ffs what is wrong with normal clothes?!

That's what I would wear on a night out or whatever, guess I don't fashion? :(

Genevieve

Post by Genevieve » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:05 pm

All u need is nice kicks, small size stretch short sleeve shirts and a nice loose pair of pants. Uno, keepin it minimal and shit

namsayin

:'0

Naan_Bread

Post by Naan_Bread » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:22 pm

@Untightled

Music/Art is able to be pleasurable to me as the result of a number of elements: texture, melody, rhythm, colour... whatever

these all combine and result in something that can be really special in terms of generating a meaningful, emotional response

and I just don't see how clothing is any different at all - it works the same way

everything is just about aesthetics and how they make me feel: for instance these all black Rick Owens outfits have a very obvious mood about them the same way a painting or song would. It's a bit like how certain metal bands wear all black, leather etc. or how Kraftwerk always wear those work outfits - it's an extension of their musical vision.

obviously, fashion also has to fufill a function... but in a way so does music, particularly dance music. Jam City said something about how in order for a song to work in a club all you need is low end and some detail in the highs and the rest is just filling in your own vision (can't find the interview/source so don't quote me on that) and I feel the same way about clothes. Like I wouldn't wear those ultra-high sneakers someone posted because it's not a part of that vision, but I would wear a silver metallic jacket because it's part of an aesthetic language which appeals to me.

untightled

Post by untightled » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:34 pm

^ very interesting to see your views on this man, thanks for this
alex bk-bk wrote:its not an ep its 1 track

skimpi

Post by skimpi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Liam92 wrote:ffs what is wrong with normal clothes?!

That's what I would wear on a night out or whatever, guess I don't fashion? :(
lol, get out of here with your bright blue trousers! TRIPLE DENIM ALL THE WAY!
TopManLurka wrote: thanks for confirming
OiOiii #BELTER

Genevieve

Post by Genevieve » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Naan Bread wrote:@Untightled

Music/Art is able to be pleasurable to me as the result of a number of elements: texture, melody, rhythm, colour... whatever

these all combine and result in something that can be really special in terms of generating a meaningful, emotional response

and I just don't see how clothing is any different at all - it works the same way

everything is just about aesthetics and how they make me feel: for instance these all black Rick Owens outfits have a very obvious mood about them the same way a painting or song would. It's a bit like how certain metal bands wear all black, leather etc. or how Kraftwerk always wear those work outfits - it's an extension of their musical vision.

obviously, fashion also has to fufill a function... but in a way so does music, particularly dance music. Jam City said something about how in order for a song to work in a club all you need is low end and some detail in the highs and the rest is just filling in your own vision (can't find the interview/source so don't quote me on that) and I feel the same way about clothes. Like I wouldn't wear those ultra-high sneakers someone posted because it's not a part of that vision, but I would wear a silver metallic jacket because it's part of an aesthetic language which appeals to me.
Yeah that's fair. I didn't think about it before, but I pick clothes that highlight/accentuate mah bodyshape. But because I spend a lot of time working on my body, mostly for aesthetic reasons, then my "bodybuilding" and nutrition are part of my fashion sense. >.> So while I keep my clothing choices simple, I don't keep my fashion simple.

namsayin

hubb

Post by hubb » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Just cathing a glimpse of me on the bus is like spending an afternoon in the Louvre.

Michelangelo would feel ashamed at his lack of detail, if he caught me accesorizing with random bits that I was able to buy.

Going from laces to velcro was like Bob Dylan picking up the electric.
OGLemon wrote:cowabunga dude

https://soundcloud.com/qloo/cowabunga-music-of-moby
fragments wrote:SWEEEEEEEEE!

https://soundcloud.com/qloo/cowabunga-t ... o-sweeeeee
Johnlenham wrote:evil euroland

Naan_Bread

Post by Naan_Bread » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:09 pm

heeee

should add that I completely understand if you don't get it

its like some people (most of you I'm guessing) would find it unthinkable to just listen to top 40 music but others are completely happy to do so

some people like 30 min drones whilst other people won't listen to music without lyrics in it

I know nice people in both these categories :)

but at the same time I find it hard to believe that people that people don't (at least subconsciously) think about their clothes

like genevieve said, even if you choose to dress "normally", that normality is still communicating something

Forum

Post by Forum » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Denim shirt? mesh wife beater? leather man skirts?

I'm yet to see any fashion in this thread..
Image Image

untightled

Post by untightled » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:59 pm

hubb wrote:Just cathing a glimpse of me on the bus is like spending an afternoon in the Louvre.

Michelangelo would feel ashamed at his lack of detail, if he caught me accesorizing with random bits that I was able to buy.

Going from laces to velcro was like Bob Dylan picking up the electric.
uhu

BonerJams04

Post by BonerJams04 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:03 pm

butter_man wrote: who do you think taught you smoke tree's, OD'S, Ice cubes and DOC's?
God, thats who.

untightled

Post by untightled » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Reverb wrote:Image
this is weird bro

i googled "gold chains funny pic"

and that image popped up

esfandyar

Post by esfandyar » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Mason wrote:i imagine you are the kind of person who hasn't got much of a personality and not alot to define yourself by so feel the need to wear rediculous skirts to set yourself apart from the crowd.
at least i know what a dress looks like :lol: you have no business in this thread because fashion is alien to you. cant imagine your reactions to other things that don't conform to your lifestyle. my personality lacking is how you have deduced the cause for my interest in fashion? are you that stupid?

kokun tozai:

boris bidjan saberi
AntlionUK wrote:fuck you SNH
Soundcloud

untightled

Post by untightled » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:49 pm

boris bidjan is a g

im sure you're into damir doma then too?

ehbes

Post by ehbes » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:50 pm

That last picture isn't awful, wouldn't wear it personally, but not bad
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

Pedro Sánchez

Post by Pedro Sánchez » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:52 pm

esfandyar wrote:Image
Looks like the back of a Kerrang mag.
Genevieve wrote:It's a universal law that the rich have to exploit the poor. Preferably violently.

Liam92

Post by Liam92 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:54 pm

untightled wrote:boris bidjan is a g

http://shop.damirdoma.com/damir-doma-me ... 32-56.html

this tnuc for real, 1,000E for a fucking pyjama top?! :a: Swear my grandad got this for a tenner outta Marks and Spencers

Surely you must find this shit overpriced to a ridiculous level, this tnuc's trying to shift flipflops for nearly 600E

http://shop.damirdoma.com/damir-doma-me ... 65-98.html

Give it a rest you mug :cornlol:

esfandyar

Post by esfandyar » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Pedro Sánchez wrote:
esfandyar wrote:Image
Looks like the back of a Kerrang mag.
:lol:

yeah this line of his pretty much took the battle jacket fashion from crust/punk/metal scenes and made clothing out of it. some pretty famous people ended up wearing a lot of it, not that that had to do with why i enjoy it aesthetically. but its not very practical and expensive.

Soundcloud

esfandyar

Post by esfandyar » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:58 pm

damir doma makes some really beautiful stuff.
Liam92 wrote:
untightled wrote:boris bidjan is a g

http://shop.damirdoma.com/damir-doma-me ... 32-56.html

this tnuc for real, 1,000E for a fucking pyjama top?! :a: Swear my grandad got this for a tenner outta Marks and Spencers

Surely you must find this shit overpriced to a ridiculous level, this tnuc's trying to shift flipflops for nearly 600E

http://shop.damirdoma.com/damir-doma-me ... 65-98.html

Give it a rest you mug :cornlol:
this stuff is not something i would go buy at all, its ungodly expensive. im a worker. but fashion is still amazing, a lot of the clothing is just art to me.
Soundcloud

Genevieve

Post by Genevieve » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Explain how it's not a dress? I'm legitemately curious, but you're just telling people off.

I wouldn't wear it, I don't like it but I don't care what other people wear. I wouldn't hold a guy wearing a dress against him, I just really wanna know what your take on it is.

namsayin