can arsenal go on without henry?

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
seckle

can arsenal go on without henry?

Post by seckle » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:36 pm

:o
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 238712.stm
226 goals scored for arsenal. he went for the cash payout? who's going to replace that void left?

diss04

Post by diss04 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:38 pm

only one player can replace henry..
a player with pace, skill and a eye for goal..
that player is....

christian "football genius" daily :lol:

d_three

Post by d_three » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:45 pm

I wouldn't mind to kick the ball around for 500k. :)
He's getting 16 million, lucky bastard. No doubt he's got skills.

spaceboy

Post by spaceboy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:55 pm

We can do without Henry but we clearly can't do without Dein. Wenger sells before they peak, he's only valued at 16 bucks - which says something, its worth a sell...I think it was worse selling Viera.

I say let Kroenke buy the club (or take majority shareholding) - bring back Dein...clear the debt from the stadium build...grow....
The World is YOURZ

diss04

Post by diss04 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:27 pm

arsenals best bet for some trophys is clear out all of the dead wood and everyone over 26-ish and just play your fucking reserves as they are somthing else. denlison is the new gilberto, fabregas is the midfield bergkamp, walcott could be the new henry and diaby is the new viera

7"

Post by 7" » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:29 pm

Eto'o+Henry

:o
Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming:
Holy Jesus. What are these goddamn animals?

phuboy

Post by phuboy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:21 pm

Can't deny its a blow to lose him, but Wenger ain't stupid... He either already has a replacement in mind or will find some amazing youngster. Walcott hasn't impressed yet, but he's only 18 (and scored against Chelsea in the CC final).

We lost Viera who nobody thought we'd replace, so who did he buy... Fabregas.

We lost Cole, but got Gallas AND £5 million.

We've got loads of youngsters such as Vela & Bendtner who could become great players, Van Persie, and maybe Adebayor might turn good one day....

We got £16 million for him which sucked a bit seeing as AC got £30 million for Shevers and he's a year older, stupid Chelsea. But leave it any longer and we'd get a shade of that figure.

All in all, its a bit gutting but he's always been a team player and leaves the club proud and grateful for his years of service. Good luck to him in Spain.

mayorquimby

Post by mayorquimby » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:28 pm

Cant see them getting anywhere near the championship without him.
I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

cogi

Post by cogi » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:41 am

I think they'll get by ok but not without some serious competition from Totenham.

How many investors are there in the Premiership right now?
Thaksin just bought Man City, and for what 8th place? its no good i tell thee.
70% Of People On Forums Are Donuts I Swear. Constantly Contradicting Themselves And Acting Like Sheep.

dill

Post by dill » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Henry is now an AFC legend, but this (IMO) is only up until our Champions League final. He was poor on the night & has no right to blame anyone else for anything, then or since.

Personally, I think the Wenger/Dein legacy should end now (On a high, basically!). The club has set in place it's positioning & style of playing.
It's time to bring that youth talent through & build "another squad for a decade"
Players will leave & be replaced, they'll be a crap signing or two, but we'll remain great.

Just DO NOT SIGN WANK LIKE:
D. Cisse
C. Bellamy
N. Anelka
F. Kanoute
M. Owen
D. Forlan
or, anyone else genarally regarded as: crock/shit/overated etc.

seckle

Post by seckle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:15 pm

DiLL wrote: M. Owen
sad but true. you have to give it to him though. when he had fresh legs he made miracles happen.

digital

Post by digital » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:26 pm

Bruv, Owen is still a quality player. You can't expect him to jump straight back in to premiership and international football and get bare goals after an injury like his.

Out of all the strikers available, for me Owen is at the top of the transfer market. Guaranteed quality.

Surprised Aresnal let Aliadiere go, and for quite cheap as well. However, Van Persie is dirt, they need someone to complement him because he is going to be a very good player.

I'm a Spurs fan by the way.

hopper

Post by hopper » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:39 pm

DiLL wrote: F. Kanoute
or, anyone else genarally regarded as: crock/shit/overated etc.
Kanoute has scored loads wherever he's gone, so not sure thats fair... Arsenal need to really cut the crap and buy an experienced and solid player, as they can't go on waiting until the youngsters improve and get used to the premiership... Wenger must have something up his sleeve though ready to prove us all wrong...
:ghost:

bagelator

Post by bagelator » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:00 pm

peter beardsley

mayorquimby

Post by mayorquimby » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:47 pm

Digital wrote:Bruv, Owen is still a quality player. You can't expect him to jump straight back in to premiership and international football and get bare goals after an injury like his.

Out of all the strikers available, for me Owen is at the top of the transfer market. Guaranteed quality.

Surprised Aresnal let Aliadiere go, and for quite cheap as well. However, Van Persie is dirt, they need someone to complement him because he is going to be a very good player.

I'm a Spurs fan by the way.
Keep off mate :a:
I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

digital

Post by digital » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:53 pm

:t:

dill

Post by dill » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:03 am

Kanoute & Forlan are doing well now, but I don't think they're the right choice in terms of spearheading / complementing the other attacking players.
Tevez would be good, but is he a guaranteed 20 goals per season?

Owen is good still, but he'd need to be rebuilt (Steve Austin) to play regular.

My vote goes to an Ian Wright re-sign. Get rid of the offside rule & he can just stand by the opposing GK all match. Brap!

mr. smith

Post by mr. smith » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:58 am

it's funny to hear you kids talk about football. the conversation is the same here with "football" but with some language differences... trade/sell, investors/owners and the like. the opinions on overrated/overhyped players *my thought on owen is that when young and healthy there was no other striker with his pace and pure magic in the box* is very similar to the way we talk about our players

i don't know, just funny to see the similarities.

*a yank's point of view*

victor liechtenstein

Post by victor liechtenstein » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:01 am

Wenger never lets anyone go unless he thinks the player's prime has passed - see Overmars, Petit, Patrick V (guess which word I can't spell today). None of them were the players they were after they left.

Wenger knows what he's doing. Just have to trust him.
Page 246, Seagalogy --- that's my name.

In this diocese God don't run the bingo.

joenicedj

Post by joenicedj » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:35 pm

the answer to this question -- no.

Eto'o, Henry and Ronaldinho....on the same team?

this transfer might single-handedly have changed the balance of power in European football.