can arsenal go on without henry?

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
jim

Post by jim » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:08 am

Eto'o has basically decided not to show up for Barca for six months and Gaucho has often been decidedly lackluster. So we'll see.

iVisca el Barça! in any case.

spaceboy

Post by spaceboy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:58 am

Barca are sick...

Eto, Henry, Ronadilinhio, Messi

someone's got to give...too much fire power...think Eto' will bounce

I dont want Anelka back - he's a mug...
The World is YOURZ

joenicedj

Post by joenicedj » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:54 am

Spaceboy wrote:Barca are sick...

I completely forgot about Messi.....goodness. See -- they have the firepower, plus they actually have guys that work for the ball: Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Zambrotta....etc.

This isnt a "Real Madrid situation" from a couple of years ago when you had Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo and Guti......with no one in defense or midfield that wanted to work for the ball. The one guy that didnt want to score and wanted to work for the ball was Claude Makalele...he goes to Chelsea, they win 2 of the last 3 titles, Real Madrid has been in a tailspin ever since.

Barca will be fine -- sure, it would be nice to have a/one midfielder that makes all the tough tackles and works for the ball -- such as: Makalele or Gennaro Gattuso, but Barca has enough workers to make it happen.

The odd man out - Eidur Gundjonssen. [/u]

dj thc

Post by dj thc » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:27 pm

of course we can!!!!!!
im well gutted that we lost HENRY but it aint the end of the world!!!!!
f*ck barca!!!
i hope we are in the champions league final next year against barca and beat the shit out of them!!!!

[img]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums ... .gif[/img]

HENRY008 - 3.5 LP OUT NOW!!
henry007 - HENY G - soul is born through pain / colours / charger - out NOW
http://www.threepointfiverecords.co.uk
http://www.soundcloud.com/mrdjthc
Follow me on twitter - @mrdjthc
every other sat 3-5pm GMT subfm

digital

Post by digital » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:05 pm

joenice wrote:

I completely forgot about Messi.....goodness. See -- they have the firepower, plus they actually have guys that work for the ball: Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Zambrotta....etc.

This isnt a "Real Madrid situation" from a couple of years ago when you had Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo and Guti......with no one in defense or midfield that wanted to work for the ball. The one guy that didnt want to score and wanted to work for the ball was Claude Makalele...he goes to Chelsea, they win 2 of the last 3 titles, Real Madrid has been in a tailspin ever since.

Barca will be fine -- sure, it would be nice to have a/one midfielder that makes all the tough tackles and works for the ball -- such as: Makalele or Gennaro Gattuso, but Barca has enough workers to make it happen.

The odd man out - Eidur Gundjonssen. [/u]
Madrid's dodgy spell has been because of a lot more than Makelele leaving. They've had 5 managers in 4 years, and now they've sacked Capello. Serious upstairs issues. But football in spain has always been more political than just installing a manager, you've got chairmen and director's having a massive influence on footballing decisions.

Barca will be sick but they still need another quality centre back, a full back to replace Van Bronchhorst and a midfield lynchpin. Xavi is sick but a more the playmaker than the ball winner, same with Iniesta...and Motta is wank, which leaves Edmilson who has struggled with injuries. I could see them dominating La Liga unless Real can get some stability, but dominating Europe is a no no.

Deco and Guily will be off then.

lone wolf

Post by lone wolf » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:28 pm

And y' can fuck off with the Martins interest. I want him to stay in the toon. (Although I think he'd be mint for Arsenal, cos Wenger has a beautiful style of play..... fast paced and on the floor which would be suited to Oba)

dill

Post by dill » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:36 pm

It's very much looking like Martins (according to them crap, evening-tube papers).
He'd be good, but I think £13m is a tad high for a (still) young, 17 goals last term geezer.
I'd be happy enough to see that move, though. His Inter goal against us was mean.
Rumours have Torres to Liverpool for £25m too (& Lampard to Barca)

solee

Post by solee » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:39 pm

i been in a deep depression since i heard the news :cry: . people are calling him "judas" on the gooner forums. i would say i'm disappointed (for obvious selfish reasons) but to call the man that gave me so much happiness makes me mad. at least he didn't go to another epl team. it's a sad loss for the English game because like him or not, he was a top class person on and off the pitch. if we could get a couple people signed and maybe a promise from Cesc & Arsene that would make me feel a lot better. gutted...just gutted

hopper

Post by hopper » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:42 am

On top of that they have Deco sitting behind, and just to make things worse they've signed up Yaya Toure and Eric Abidal which must be kind of biting for arsenal fans. Both those players are the real deal. I think its depressing how there's NO sense of loyalty whatsoever in football nowadays and all the best players are goin where the money is leaving an even bigger divide between the big teams in a league and the ones chasing behind.
:ghost:

harlesden

Post by harlesden » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:08 am

hopper wrote:
I think its depressing how there's NO sense of loyalty whatsoever in football nowadays and all the best players are goin where the money is leaving an even bigger divide between the big teams in a league and the ones chasing behind.
:!:

clubs have got no chance if they ain't got foreign investors coming in now

Michael ballacks wgaes for a month would have saved Scarborough from going under.

:|

cody

Post by cody » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:49 pm

wenger was right when he decided to sell petit, overmars, pires, possibly viera so with henry only time will tell. if van persie can stay injury free, he has the potential to become a VERY good player.

and the sale might allow the likes of hleb and rosicky more freedom.

still cant touch UNITED with a barge!! nani, anderson and hargreaves deals done before the tranfer window opens. BIGGER TINGS

hopper

Post by hopper » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:57 pm

none of us really know if anderson or nani will cut it though.
:ghost:

boomnoise

Post by boomnoise » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:03 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:And y' can fuck off with the Martins interest. I want him to stay in the toon. (Although I think he'd be mint for Arsenal, cos Wenger has a beautiful style of play..... fast paced and on the floor which would be suited to Oba)
aye hands of martins. we need him for goals next season - i'm not hopeful about viduka and owen's off.
DiLL wrote:It's very much looking like Martins (according to them crap, evening-tube papers).
He'd be good, but I think £13m is a tad high for a (still) young, 17 goals last term geezer.
I'd be happy enough to see that move, though. His Inter goal against us was mean.
i really don't think 13 million is too high at all. martins is thorough quality and his youth is why he should be valued even higher than that. trust me you'd have to pay us a lot more than 13m if there wasn't a release clause.

and spurs have just bought bent for 16.5m!!!