United States Presidential Election 2012

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread

United States Presidential Election 2012

Barack Obama (D, incumbent)
67%
Newt Gingrich (R)
1%
Ron Paul (R)
26%
Mitt Romney (R)
4%
Rick Santorum (R)
2%

Total votes: 150

ehbes

Re: United States Presidential Election 2012

Post by ehbes » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

your right he released his tax returns...during the years that he was campaigning....how about them years at bain
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

_v_

Post by _v_ » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:11 am

I'd just like to say,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

That is all,

Please continue,

Thank you.

SCope13

Post by SCope13 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:55 am

I like how we're not allowed to ask Romney about Mormonism or his taxes but where Obama was born and whether he's a Christian or not are totally legitimate subjects.
ultraspatial wrote:doing any sort of drug other than smoking crack is 5 panel.
incnic wrote:true headz tread a fine line between bitterness and euphoria - much like the best rave tunes

Brewce

Post by Brewce » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:00 am

Climax wrote:
ehbrums1 wrote:so why can't we see his taxes if he's such a good honest guy
he has released several years
several being 1 complete year and 1 estimate :? ..... if he releases them and has paid his fair share there is no way that the left will criticize him more than they currently are for not releasing them. This doods incredibly shady, what about all of his money being held in swiss bank accounts too.

wormcode

Post by wormcode » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:55 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnstanton/rep ... sterners-o
lol...
wasn't sure if she wrote for The Onion or Christwire or something. Political suicide? (bomber)

Not really about the presidency but related.

joeki

Post by joeki » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:32 am

Regardless of political viewpoints, religious background, personal opinions on how to run a country, economical viewpoints, family traditions and everything else.

How is it that obviously below average intelligent people, if not downright stupid, can run for president? I mean, don't get me wrong: I'm not saying this only happen in the United States: our own minister of culture for example is a fiendishly dumb tnuc of a woman who's destroying every bit of alternative culture left and it really is a pain in my heart.

But honestly, figures like Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, McCain, that woman with the big boobies....they have proven live and on air again and again that they are horribly stupid. Why don't people see this?

faultier

Post by faultier » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:36 am

joeki wrote: But honestly, figures like Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, McCain, that woman with the big boobies....they have proven live and on air again and again that they are horribly stupid. Why don't people see this?
cause most people are quite stupid themselves ?

someone who doesnt know shit about djing isn't going to be able to tell a shit set from a good one, same goes for everything i suppose

wub

Post by wub » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:36 am

Climax wrote:You dont think Paul Ryans budget ideas are good for the country?

I think he's going to unnecessarily gut Medicare.

Reese_Liar

Post by Reese_Liar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread for this one, so posting it here. Somewhat relevant: http://www.nerve.com/entertainment/the- ... le-anatomy
Minimal Motor Skills Mix:
Soundcloud

Reese Liar @ Soundcloud

magma

Post by magma » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:09 pm

wub wrote:Image

Advantage, Obama 8)
Gosh, even Fox News are tearing him to shreds!

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/ ... z252CrRQ7O
On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth. Said fact checkers have already condemned certain arguments that Ryan still irresponsibly repeated.
What a cunt, eh?
Meus equus tuo altior est

"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

wilson

Post by wilson » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 pm

“We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.” - Republican pollster Neil Newhouse.

wub

Post by wub » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:52 pm

magma wrote:
wub wrote:Image

Advantage, Obama 8)
Gosh, even Fox News are tearing him to shreds!

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/ ... z252CrRQ7O
On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold.

The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan’s mouth. Said fact checkers have already condemned certain arguments that Ryan still irresponsibly repeated.
What a cunt, eh?
He also looks like one of The Riddlers IMO.
wilson wrote:“We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.” - Republican pollster Neil Newhouse.
It is not the purpose of politicians to tell the truth! :lol:

Climax

Post by Climax » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:06 pm

wub wrote:
Climax wrote:You dont think Paul Ryans budget ideas are good for the country?

I think he's going to unnecessarily gut Medicare.

Wub, you have to concede that medicare as projected is an unfunded liability that is only going to increase exponentially as more baby boomers retire, and the proportion that is put on the nations credit card is going up up up

its not about "gutting" medicare.. its about being HONEST with the american people and FIXING medicare.

we are making promises that WE CANNOT KEEP! The money doesnt exist! its just piled onto our debt and the can is kicked down the road until we have another financial meltdown because we accumulated so much debt and liabilities

while it would be nice to think that we can just "get the rich to pay their fair share" and tax them to fund these things its mathematically impossible... look at the numbers bruv...

Paul Ryan's plan at least has a clear vision and realistic goals and has some bipartisan support, he even worked with some democrats in putting together the bulk of it

wub

Post by wub » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:08 pm

He's pulling the rug out from people under the age of 55 and in such a cack handed way that he's actually going to add more to the US debt if the real cuts won't kick in til 2023...and TBH, after his speech yesterday he's not done himself any favours.

Climax

Post by Climax » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:10 pm

SCope13 wrote:I like how we're not allowed to ask Romney about Mormonism or his taxes but where Obama was born and whether he's a Christian or not are totally legitimate subjects.

Hillary Clinton started the "birther" movement in 2008 during the democratic primary bruv when she was trying to get the nomination... hate to break it to you... Yeah some people have brought it up but to say that its a "legitimate subject" is a stretch... no one who matters is really talking about this anymore

And cmon, people have hammered Romney for letting his dog ride on top of the car 30 years ago....

these are stupid distractions that neither side needs

Climax

Post by Climax » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:12 pm

wub wrote:He's pulling the rug out from people under the age of 55 and in such a cack handed way that he's actually going to add more to the US debt if the real cuts won't kick in til 2023...and TBH, after his speech yesterday he's not done himself any favours.

Agree to disagree then, idk where you got that info about the US debt but I dont buy that for a second

Climax

Post by Climax » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:21 pm

joeki wrote: But honestly, figures like Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, McCain, that woman with the big boobies....they have proven live and on air again and again that they are horribly stupid. Why don't people see this?

Horribly stupid = doesnt agree with you

All the people you mentioned are incredibly successful leaders and have accomplished 10000x more than you ever will...

this "stupid" idea is SO annoying... you must think you are REALLY FUCKING SMART bruv

Paul Ryan:

Ryan is a graduate of Miami University in Ohio.

He worked as an aide to legislators Bob Kasten, Sam Brownback, and Jack Kemp, and as a speechwriter before winning election to the U.S. House in 1998.

He is currently the chairman of the House Budget Committee.

Ryan has been reelected six times, never receiving less than 63 percent of the vote.

2004, 2010 – Guardian of Small Business Award, National Federation of Independent Business [175][176]
2008 – Defending the American Dream Award, Americans for Prosperity, Wisconsin chapter [177]
2009 – Manufacturing Legislative Excellence Award, National Association of Manufacturers [178]
2009 – Honorary Degree, Miami University [23][179]
2010 – Legislator of the Year Award, International Franchise Association [180]
2011 – Statesmanship Award, Claremont Institute [181]
2011 – Fiscy Award for responsible financial stewardship and fiscal discipline in government.[182][183]
2011 – Leadership Award, Jack Kemp Foundation [184]
2011 – Freedom and Prosperity Award, Mason Contractors Association of America [185]
2012 – Chair, Honorary Board of the Archery Trade Association [186]

Committee assignmentsCommittee on the Budget (Chairman)
Committee on Ways and Means
Subcommittee on Health
Caucus memberships-
House Republican Caucus
Caucus of House Conservatives Republican Study Committee[60]
International Conservation Caucus
Middle East Economic Partnership Caucus
Sportsmen's Caucus (Co-Chair)

Lets see what youve done with your life, you are obviously MUCH more intelligent

Climax

Post by Climax » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

anyway im done with this... carry on...

it just really irks me that people are so brainwashed by media to think that republicans = evil rich white people... im not evil, or white, or rich!

open your eyes, read a different newspaper or channel, dont be so gullible

no side is 100% right or wrong.

I dont think Obama is "stupid" or "evil" I just think he has bad ideas, and I think the last 4 years its pretty obvious that his fix for the economy hasnt worked

ehbes

Post by ehbes » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

magma

Post by magma » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Is Climax Bright Maroon's conservative cousin?
Meus equus tuo altior est

"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.