The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
User avatar
Dead Rats
Posts: 5630
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:55 am
Location: bed

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Dead Rats » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:51 pm

wub wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:The whole of last week's Raw was shit, but especially Jericho's angle where he's giving it to CM Punk for being raised by an alcy dad...that shit was weak-ting.

That's Punk's thing though, he's been flipflopping between the straight edge angle for years now depending on whether he's heel or not at the time.
Yeah, I know, but it was like 'I KNOW WHY YOU'RE STRAIGHT EDGE, IT'S COZ' YOUR DAD LOVED THE RED STRIPE INNIT' and then Punk was nearly bought to tears...it was fucking gash. The Creative team couldn't write an interesting angle with a bag full of dildo's, although that said, it might even be Punk and Jericho writing the angles for this one...
Image

User avatar
magma
Posts: 18810
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by magma » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Blenky119 wrote:I really like ziggler, he can sell like a motherfucker, they need to distance him from Thwaggie and Vickie now though,he's good enough on the mic to not need a manager any more wheras swagger shouldn't be allowed to speak.
This is his problem. South Park kind of hit it on the head the other year with their "That's great wrestling" shit involving no fighting and lots of talking... Swagger is a big motherfucker and he can grapple, but you need a voice to be a pro wrestler. He's just a big fucking lump... get into MMA or get a deskjob, Jack.
Meus equus tuo altior est

"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

User avatar
magma
Posts: 18810
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by magma » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Anyone ever been to a show? Might go in november if they tour the UK twice like last year.
Not since I was 11... UK Rampage tour at the Exeter Westpoint.

Saw Yokozuna beat Hacksaw (Hacksaw in a main event... :? ), Mr Perfect and Lex Luger get a double-pinfall and HBK beat Bob Backlund.

I bought a replica IC belt because I wanted to be Shawn Michaels. 8)
Meus equus tuo altior est

"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

wub
Posts: 34156
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:11 pm
Location: Madrid
Contact:

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by wub » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:55 pm

magma wrote:Saw Yokozuna beat Hacksaw (Hacksaw in a main event... :? ), Mr Perfect and Lex Luger get a double-pinfall and HBK beat Bob Backlund.

Was that the one where he did the banzai drop and Hack coughed up blood afters? Jokes :lol:

jazzamataz
Posts: 1598
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: SW15
Contact:

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by jazzamataz » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Dead Rats wrote:
wub wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:The whole of last week's Raw was shit, but especially Jericho's angle where he's giving it to CM Punk for being raised by an alcy dad...that shit was weak-ting.

That's Punk's thing though, he's been flipflopping between the straight edge angle for years now depending on whether he's heel or not at the time.
Yeah, I know, but it was like 'I KNOW WHY YOU'RE STRAIGHT EDGE, IT'S COZ' YOUR DAD LOVED THE RED STRIPE INNIT' and then Punk was nearly bought to tears...it was fucking gash. The Creative team couldn't write an interesting angle with a bag full of dildo's, although that said, it might even be Punk and Jericho writing the angles for this one...
They write their own angles these days?

what happened to Krezki and JR?
dutty_switch wrote:ASDA has better deals than Morrisons. Rollback mothefucker, dun know!
Helix [Delay] wrote:Everybody's gay for Stephen Fry.

User avatar
Blenky
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Blenky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:58 pm

magma wrote:I bought a replica IC belt because I wanted to be Shawn Michaels. 8)
Who doesn't? I still mark like fuck when Sexy Boy hit's despite knowing how much of a dick he was in the back

User avatar
Dead Rats
Posts: 5630
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:55 am
Location: bed

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Dead Rats » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:59 pm

I've been to loads of FWA shows when I was young, used to be about 14 or so, drinking beer and shouting, swearwords, it was a right laff. Haven't been to a show since I was about 16, though.
Image

User avatar
Dead Rats
Posts: 5630
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:55 am
Location: bed

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Dead Rats » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:00 pm

BTW, do any of you know Extreme Warfare Revenge, the wrestling sim?
Image

User avatar
Blenky
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Blenky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:03 pm

jazzamataz wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:
wub wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:The whole of last week's Raw was shit, but especially Jericho's angle where he's giving it to CM Punk for being raised by an alcy dad...that shit was weak-ting.

That's Punk's thing though, he's been flipflopping between the straight edge angle for years now depending on whether he's heel or not at the time.
Yeah, I know, but it was like 'I KNOW WHY YOU'RE STRAIGHT EDGE, IT'S COZ' YOUR DAD LOVED THE RED STRIPE INNIT' and then Punk was nearly bought to tears...it was fucking gash. The Creative team couldn't write an interesting angle with a bag full of dildo's, although that said, it might even be Punk and Jericho writing the angles for this one...
They write their own angles these days?

what happened to Krezki and JR?

They don't completely write their own angles, but they have more input these days, even the small guys. Punk definitely will have OK'd the bringing up his family, they wouldn't just do that without asking permission. Gone are the days where a man can steal his rivals mother's casket from her funeral

User avatar
Blenky
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Blenky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Dead Rats wrote:BTW, do any of you know Extreme Warfare Revenge, the wrestling sim?
That's the text based one where you play as a booker isn't it? I've always been really interested in it but have never sought out a copy. Any good?

jazzamataz
Posts: 1598
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: SW15
Contact:

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by jazzamataz » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Blenky119 wrote: They don't completely write their own angles, but they have more input these days, even the small guys. Punk definitely will have OK'd the bringing up his family, they wouldn't just do that without asking permission. Gone are the days where a man can steal his rivals mother's casket from her funeral

Admittedly, I haven't watched it in a few years but if you can't set your
brother on fire then bury him alive after hitting him in the face with a wrench,
I don't want to be a wrestler any more.
dutty_switch wrote:ASDA has better deals than Morrisons. Rollback mothefucker, dun know!
Helix [Delay] wrote:Everybody's gay for Stephen Fry.

User avatar
Blenky
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Blenky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:20 pm

jazzamataz wrote:
Blenky119 wrote: They don't completely write their own angles, but they have more input these days, even the small guys. Punk definitely will have OK'd the bringing up his family, they wouldn't just do that without asking permission. Gone are the days where a man can steal his rivals mother's casket from her funeral

Admittedly, I haven't watched it in a few years but if you can't set your
brother on fire then bury him alive after hitting him in the face with a wrench,
I don't want to be a wrestler any more.
They stopped all that when they signed the toy deal with Mattel, so it was more family friendly. TBH the entire product is probably better off without having chair shots to the head every 5 seconds and matches always having blood in them, both from a viewing perspective and from a safety perspective, after Benoit killed himself and his family they started to realise that concussions were a serious thing they needed to avoid

User avatar
Dead Rats
Posts: 5630
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:55 am
Location: bed

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Dead Rats » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Blenky119 wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:BTW, do any of you know Extreme Warfare Revenge, the wrestling sim?
That's the text based one where you play as a booker isn't it? I've always been really interested in it but have never sought out a copy. Any good?
Well good, used to play it a bit when I was younger, I've just got back on it and updated the stats and so. It's not worth playing if you have a social life, mind.

You're basically booker/owner/GM of any company you want, whether the WWE or just a backyard ting.
Image

User avatar
Blenky
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Blenky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Of course cena was going to beat kane, he's the top face and they're clearly not ready to turn him heel yet. The "Embrace The hate" angle got a bit muddy with all the eve shenanigans but it was actually a solid storyline, one that didn't see Cena winning clean every week, but still showed him overcoming the odds in the end and beating the bullies, fitting with the B.A.Star campaign. They only jumped to Kane Vs Orton because Cena has his mania match and Orton needed a match after his planned feud with Barrett got cut short and with him being the Smackdown main face. So they put him with one of the safest workers in the company with so little time to work out a full feud.

This will probably leave them to only putting on a 3 to 3 1/2 star match but they'll both get their mania paychecks and the fans will keep buying Randy merch. Little dissapointing that Zack Ryder lost his push and Match with Kane due to Wade barrett's injury but that's just the luck of the draw. it could be worse, they could've shoehorned Orton into the WHC match somehow.

User avatar
Blenky
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Blenky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Blenky119 wrote:Of course cena was going to beat kane, he's the top face and they're clearly not ready to turn him heel yet. The "Embrace The hate" angle got a bit muddy with all the eve shenanigans but it was actually a solid storyline, one that didn't see Cena winning clean every week, but still showed him overcoming the odds in the end and beating the bullies, fitting with the B.A.Star campaign. They only jumped to Kane Vs Orton because Cena has his mania match and Orton needed a match after his planned feud with Barrett got cut short and with him being the Smackdown main face. So they put him with one of the safest workers in the company with so little time to work out a full feud.

This will probably leave them to only putting on a 3 to 3 1/2 star match but they'll both get their mania paychecks and the fans will keep buying Randy merch. Little dissapointing that Zack Ryder lost his push and Match with Kane due to Wade barrett's injury but that's just the luck of the draw. it could be worse, they could've shoehorned Orton into the WHC match somehow.

Most fans have accepted the fact that the attitude era is over, or are too young to remember it. The ones who clamour for it's return I don't think truly realise what toll it took. Forgetting all the sponsorship stuff, all of the merchandise and all of the backroom politics side of it, I personally think The PG era is better because of how safe it is for the workers now. If you look at people like Scott Hall, Nash, HBK and Foley, they all, for a variety of reasons, Can barely get out of bed in the mornings now without painkillers and even then can barely walk. Nash and Hall I have less sympathy for, they were always your archetypal roided out, cokehead megastars who couldn't cope with the fame but it's still taken it's toll and it's depressing as hell seeing Scott Hall now(If you want to depress yourself then go ahead ). Foley is the worst though, his wife has to help him put his shoes on in the morning because he can't physically tie his laces, not because he's addled due to roids or anything like that, but because he's addicted to entertaining. That's why he took the bump of the cell through the table and then the unplanned one through the middle of the cell within ten minutes, that's why he took unprotected chair shots to the head every night he was working and that's why he went through barbed wire tables and onto thumbtack boards, to entertain the fans. It's those same fans now who think wrestling is boring because this stuff isn't happening, but if it did happen it just wouldn't be safe

User avatar
Sexual_Chocolate
Posts: 17019
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: Label A City

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:58 pm

i stopped paying attention during the invasion (what was that, like 11 years ago?)

thats when things turned to shit tbh

ATTITUDE ERA FTW!
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

User avatar
Blenky
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Blenky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Nevalo wrote:i stopped paying attention during the invasion (what was that, like 11 years ago?)

thats when things turned to shit tbh

ATTITUDE ERA FTW!
'01 so exactly 11 years ago, also conveniently a couple of months before the attitude era ended so you didn't miss much of it

Pedro Sánchez
Posts: 7727
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:15 pm
Location: ButtonMoon

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Pedro Sánchez » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Image
Genevieve wrote:It's a universal law that the rich have to exploit the poor. Preferably violently.

User avatar
Blenky
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Blenky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Pedro Sánchez wrote:Image

User avatar
Sexual_Chocolate
Posts: 17019
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 pm
Location: Label A City

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:39 pm

all about

Image
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests