The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
wub

Re: The Secret Ninja Wrestling Thread

Post by wub » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:28 am

Blenky119 wrote:ROH

ROH disappears up it's own arse a bit too much for my liking. Yes, Briscoe Brothers/Davey Richards/WGTT/Roderick Strong/Elgin/etc are all amazing technical wrestlers.

No, I don't think an 80min eight person tag elimination match is an effective use of PPV screentime.

Blenky

Post by Blenky » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:52 pm

So anyone watch Smackdown last night?

Thoughts on the continuation of D-bry being emotionally manipulative?

Is there any hype left around the Sheamus/D-Bry match with the way they've booked fella in the last couple of months?

Does Team Teddy have any chance at the mania tag match?

magma

Post by magma » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:59 pm

I fell asleep halfway through, but the AJ angle is really starting to piss me the fuck off. I can't see them putting so much effort into getting heat for D-Bry through AJ if they weren't going to keep his as champion for a while at least... Sheamus would be a large step in the wrong direction.

Because I was watching on telly, I had to sit through her match with whatsherface Bella. The Bella Twins are laughably shit.

Team Teddy clearly has absolutely no chance... is Teddy Long retiring or something?

I also hate Zack Ryder with a passion... average ring skills, no mic skills and more wooden than my parents antique coffee table.

I'm going to watch the rest later...
Meus equus tuo altior est

"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

Blenky

Post by Blenky » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:11 pm

I would wager he doesn't have long left, but I always thought it made sense to have him win as he literally doesn't have a role apart from being kayfabe GM of SmackDown, whereas Johnny Ace has his backroom role as executive vice president of talent relations as well as his on screen one. Hopefully teddy will stick around with a face stable after he looses, I genuinely like him.

The theory is that they're turning Bryan and AJ into the new Morrisson and Melina, so AJ will get the strap at mania while Bryan looses his and their roles switch. it's just retarded enough to probably be genuinely considered.

I like Z!TLIS on the youtube channel and think he has good skills there but they just aren't translating into actual on tv skills. That Rally for Ryder was embarrassing to watch. I did almost shit myself laughing when Khali came out decked in Ryder merch, despite my disdain for the guy.

I fucking love Santino

Dead Rats

Post by Dead Rats » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:46 pm

I have no idea why fella was pushed to win the Royal Rumble, anyway. As Wub said, Bryan Danielson is a brilliant technical wrestler, and fella is a brawler but a really shit one. And the worst thing is, it looks like Danielson will lose it. This Wrestlemania is shaping up to be complete toilet.

Cena gonna immortalise himself by beating The Rock. Lol

Blenky

Post by Blenky » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Dead Rats wrote:I have no idea why fella was pushed to win the Royal Rumble, anyway. As Wub said, Bryan Danielson is a brilliant technical wrestler, and fella is a brawler but a really shit one. And the worst thing is, it looks like Danielson will lose it. This Wrestlemania is shaping up to be complete toilet.

Cena gonna immortalise himself by beating The Rock. Lol
He was pushed because he's triple H's pet project, the original plan was for Jericho to win it and use that to launch his feud with punk but Triple H changed it on the basis that jericho could feud with punk anyway, he didn't need the leg up of the Rumble win. It's really hard to see what would've happened to the title if things hadn't changed tbh, I'm fairly sure the original plan was to have him drop it to Orton at Elimination chamber and then continue the Orton-Barrett feud up to mania and have Bryan continue feuding with Henry and Show, but then Orton got concussed and henry's groin injury got the better of him so that wouldn't have been able to come to fruition anyway, unless you had Barrett win and then Orton feud when he returned, but then Barrett broke his arm as well. I suppose my main point is that I'd rather have had this long build, regardless of how good it is, for a Sheamus face push than a short rushed build up between Orton and D-bry when he came back from injury only to give Orton another title reign.

Yeah Cena will beat the rock, but then he should. The Rock will go back to filming movies after wrestlemania, pop up from time to time on the RAW's going up to summerslam, make an appearance there in some form, go away again and come back for the next wrestlemania. It wouldn't make sense to cement the Rock's Icon of all Icon's status when he's buggering off again. The only way I can see the Rock winning is through the rumoured Miz interference (dear god I hope the Miz doesn't intefere) or if he goes over clean for a rematch at summerslam where Cena takes the win. You gotta remember that when The Rock beat Hogan at mania people who grew up with hogan as their number 1 wrestler and icon will have been saying the same things about that match, but Hogan is still (In some respects) revered for what he did for the business and The Rock got his Icon status. Nothing really changes with this match apart from Cena can cut promo's about being the man who beat The Rock who beat Hogan and the next big thing can work up to becoming the man who beat Cena who beat The rock who beat Hogan on the greatest stage of all.

meanmrcustard

Post by meanmrcustard » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:24 pm

I don't watch Wrestling anymore, so could be wrong here, but I'm finding it insane that paddy power are taking bets on this:

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-b ... elties/wwe

Surely betting on the Rock will be easy money? I've looked it up and he's booked for further shows, and it's in Miami, which is his hometown. Surely they won't allow him to lose?

Or have I got it wrong, and is wrestling actually real?! :/
New Mix (Oct 2013)
Soundcloud

mikey_g

Post by mikey_g » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:37 pm

day off work booked for monday so i can saty up for wrestlemania!
Recently reborn and relocated to glasgow

http://soundcloud.com/mikey-g-3

Dead Rats

Post by Dead Rats » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 am

mikey g wrote:day off work booked for monday so i can saty up for wrestlemania!
4 real??? Are you paying for it as well?

wub

Post by wub » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:21 am

Fuck that...might find a Walkabout/Wak-A-Doo with a late license that's showing it and just work from home monday.

Predictions;

The Rock vs. John Cena (Singles match) - Rock, clean finish.
Triple H vs. The Undertaker (Hell in a Cell match with special guest referee Shawn Michaels) - Taker, Michaels interferes.
CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho (Singles match for the WWE Championship) - Jericho, dirty finish, wins title.
Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Sheamus (Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship) - Sheamus, clean finish.
Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Big Show (Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship) - Big Show, dirty finish, doesn't win title
Randy Orton vs. Kane (Singles match) - Orton, clean finish. Probably be the match of the PPV.
Team Teddy (Santino Marella (captain), R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali and Booker T) (with Hornswoggle) vs. Team Johnny (David Otunga (captain), Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz and Drew McIntyre) (with Vickie Guerrero) (12-man tag team match. The General Manager of the winning team will become the General Manager of both Raw and SmackDown) - Team Teddy, Ryder with the pinfall over Otunga.
Maria Menounos & Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres (Divas Tag Match) - Phoenix & Torres, clean finish.

magma

Post by magma » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:30 am

I'll be avoiding this thread from Sunday night til Monday evening when I find a Rapidshare... :lol:

nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

Electric_Head

Post by Electric_Head » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:34 am

this thread is about wrestling??
wtf
Image ImageImage Image

wub

Post by wub » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:35 am

Electric_Head wrote:this thread is about wrestling??
wtf

Damn misleading title.

Sexual_Chocolate

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:37 am

magma wrote:I'll be avoiding this thread from Sunday night til Monday evening when I find a Rapidshare... :lol:
:cornlol:

this
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

Electric_Head

Post by Electric_Head » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:42 am

wub wrote:
wtf

Damn misleading title.
I was honestly surprised to come in here and see a legitimate conversation about wrestling.
Not even college wrestling, actual WWE.

none of you take it serious though? surely not?
Image ImageImage Image

wub

Post by wub » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:48 am

Electric_Head wrote:none of you take it serious though? surely not?

Depends how you mean when you say 'take it serious'.

If you mean "do we think it's real" then no we know it's not real.

Electric_Head

Post by Electric_Head » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:50 am

carry on then
Image ImageImage Image

magma

Post by magma » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Electric_Head wrote:
wub wrote:
wtf

Damn misleading title.
I was honestly surprised to come in here and see a legitimate conversation about wrestling.
Not even college wrestling, actual WWE.

none of you take it serious though? surely not?
Don't tell me - choreographed Kung Fu is "art", but choreographed Wrestling isn't? Yawn. It's entertainment... allow it to entertain or flip channels and be entertained by something else. :roll:

Electric_Head

Post by Electric_Head » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Lordy Magma, you feel strongly about this??

I was just commenting.
Image ImageImage Image

Electric_Head

Post by Electric_Head » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:08 pm

When myself and the wife got together I literally had wall to wall wrestling posters.
She still rips me off about it on a daily basis.
Image ImageImage Image