Intelligence Enhancers/Nootropics/Vitamins

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
nowaysj

Re: Intelligence Enhancers/Nootropics/Vitamins

Post by nowaysj » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Like in... 2005 my real estate agent gave me a spoonful of choline in powdered form... I tripped out, got really light headed had to sit down... that's my only experience with that.

Wub, you say a speedy feeling, can you dig in and kind of define that? What are the effects on your heart/heart rate?
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

wub

Post by wub » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:57 pm

nowaysj wrote:Like in... 2005 my real estate agent gave me a spoonful of choline in powdered form... I tripped out, got really light headed had to sit down... that's my only experience with that.

Wub, you say a speedy feeling, can you dig in and kind of define that? What are the effects on your heart/heart rate?
Just a feeling like a rush in the head, but without any of the heart palpitations or on-edge vibes that I'd associate with amphetamines or even a strong cup of coffee. Tingling/buzzing sensation in the back of my teeth (not unpleasant as already discussed) and a feeling of being very on point and wanting to focus on doing stuff.

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Okay, I don't know what your cut of profits will be, but I'm buying. I'm in a desperate situation. Thx.
Join Me
Soundcloud

wub

Post by wub » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:03 pm

nowaysj wrote:Okay, I don't know what your cut of profits will be, but I'm buying. I'm in a desperate situation. Thx.
The effects might not be the same for you as they are for me, but I assume you're already aware of that. Might also be worth taking a proper look at the ingredients to make sure there isn't anything that you might be taking a sufficient amount of elsewhere (depending on what vitamins you're taking) or might have a problem with digesting/processing;
Natural ingredients

Alpha GPC: Raw source of acetylcholine, associated with sharpness, mental speed.✝
Huperzine A: Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, extracted from club moss.✝
Vinpocetine: Helps bring oxygen and nutrients to the brain via vasodilation.✝
AC-11®: Powerful DNA repair antioxidant.✝
Phosphatidylserine: Essential lipid compound highly abundant within brain cell membranes.✝
Bacopa: Traditional Ayurvedic brain-enhancing nutrient.✝
Pterostilbene: Powerful micronutrient / antioxidant.✝
L-Tyrosine: Amino acid important to the production of Dopamine.✝
L-Theanine: Amino acid with chemical similarities to GABA.✝
Oat Straw (20:1): Natural anti-stress nutrient, helps balance the formula and create calm focus.✝
Vitamin B-6: Catalyst in effective utilization of many nutrients.✝
Also, and this is a gripe, they are FUCKING EXPENSIVE for what they are...just over 1$ per cap.

sigbowls

Post by sigbowls » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:08 pm

whats that tea that makes you smart. i want to try that
blazen the raisin

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:11 pm

wub wrote:
nowaysj wrote:Okay, I don't know what your cut of profits will be, but I'm buying. I'm in a desperate situation. Thx.
Also, and this is a gripe, they are FUCKING EXPENSIVE for what they are...just over 1$ per cap.
How many caps daily?
Join Me
Soundcloud

wub

Post by wub » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:16 pm

nowaysj wrote:
wub wrote:
How many caps daily?
At the moment I'm on 2 caps in the morning. There is also a recommendation to take another 2 before bed for 'lucid dreams', but as previously mentioned already taking ZMA for recovery/deep sleep/lucid dreams, and didn't think that stacking it in that way would have any real benefits.

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:20 pm

That's essentially a cup of coffee, so not so bad. Still that is 60$'s a mo. And assuming it is $'s?

Yeah, though, seriously do need to look into it. Maybe papa alphaca can lend a brain cell as well. I know he is deep into it.
Join Me
Soundcloud

SunkLo

Post by SunkLo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:08 pm

You can build your own stack for much cheaper if you buy bulk powder. Bitartrate is a much cheaper source of choline than Alpha GPC. Grab a bulk order of Piracetam from New Star Nootropics. After I split it with my friend it cost 26 bucks for 250 grams (bout a gram per dose) including shipping. They have free shipping if you're in 'murica so it'd be cheaper. Throw in some fish oils, a multivitamin, Tyrosene, Theanine, Bacopa, some extra B vitamins, etc. Don't gotta get it all at once, start off simple and tweak your stack.
signals wrote:whats that tea that makes you smart. i want to try that
Ayahuasca
Blaze it -4.20dB
nowaysj wrote:Raising a girl in this jizz filled world is not the easiest thing.
Phigure wrote:I haven't heard such a beautiful thing since that time Jesus sang Untrue
If I ever get banned I'll come back as SpunkLo, just you mark my words.

wub

Post by wub » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:41 pm

SunkLo wrote:Grab a bulk order of Piracetam from New Star Nootropics. After I split it with my friend it cost 26 bucks for 250 grams (bout a gram per dose)
Will look into this once I've completed my off cycle.

Anyone got any experience with Kava?

Kava House
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kava
Konkavafarm
If you are looking for a more "upper" kava that is geared more toward mental relaxation, try Fu'u from bulakavahouse or the Hawaiian from paradisekava. For more of a body relaxation, try the Stone from nakamal@home.
Also come across this documentary;

This video provides the facts about psychotropic drugs and the huge profits they create for the pharmaceutical industry. These drugs are not safe and have not been on the market long enough to provide sufficient long term studies regarding their effects. These drugs do cause addiction, however most "doctors" would call this dependence because you do not have to take an increasing dose over time. They are completely fine with you being addicted to the same amount of any given drug on a daily basis. Over half of the people that commit suicide in the United States are prescribed to psychotropic drugs. (Ex: Paxil (Paroxetine), Zoloft (Sertraline), Prozac, Wellbutrin (Bupropion), Effexor, Seroquil, Ultram (Tramadol), etc.)

Seen a few people recommending this seller on Amazon;
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_hpc?i ... de=3760901

Looking at Sunifiram and doing reading on this now as well;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunifiram

alphacat

Post by alphacat » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:52 pm

I have experience with Kava.

For me it seems to have a slippery curve of optimum effect: too little and I'm just a bit lethargic/slow physically, not much mental effect; too much and it's like being drunk with a little bit of muscle relaxer thrown in. Just right and it's pleasant enough, but Valerian has been more reliable for getting to sleep.

Its use by Pacific Islanders in the U.S. has led to DUI stops in California being able to test for metabolites, if not mistaken.

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:57 pm

Of Valerian or Kava?
Join Me
Soundcloud

alphacat

Post by alphacat » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Kava.

Yahoo! news 2004 archive wrote:
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - California prosecutors are cracking down on kava-drinking motorists who are driving under the intoxicating influence of the herbal tea.

Following their first successful conviction in June, San Mateo County prosecutors have filed three other cases, after about a dozen motorists had been pulled over in recent years, said San Mateo Deputy District Attorney Chris Feasel on Monday.

Kava, while not considered as a drug by federal health officials, is classified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administrationas a nutritional supplement that can be used to relieve anxiety.

Motorists under the influence of Kava had a "thousand-yard stare", Feasel said. "They're drooling on themselves sometimes, their motor function is so bad," he added.

He said that police had pulled over kava-addled motorists who were swerving, veering into other lanes and drifting onto the road's shoulder.

"Kava basically has the opposite effect of alcohol," Feasel said. "Kava affects your motor skills before it affects your mental abilities."

The June conviction is believed to be only the second successful one in the country, following a 1996 case in Utah.

In the pending cases, motorists have admitted to drinking between 10 to 20 bowls of the bitter tea, which comes from the kava root, a member of the black pepper family.

"We're cracking down on DUI drivers," Feasel said. "Whether it's driving under the influence of kava, or a good merlot or Advil, you're going to be prosecuted."
Jodorowsky wrote:Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Advil? What The Fuck?

And dude's name is Feasel. Feasel.

Join Me
Soundcloud

Phigure

Post by Phigure » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:37 pm

i drank a lot of kava when i was in fiji, tastes like dishsoap, but i didnt have anywhere near enough to get fucked up like described there
j_j wrote:^lol
Soundcloud | Twitter

SunkLo

Post by SunkLo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Today was first dose of Piracetam. Took about 1.5 grams. Noticed a very present feeling, like how you feel after meditating. I'll report back once I've taken it a few more times and have gotten past the acclimatization process.
Blaze it -4.20dB
nowaysj wrote:Raising a girl in this jizz filled world is not the easiest thing.
Phigure wrote:I haven't heard such a beautiful thing since that time Jesus sang Untrue

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Just straight up, no other chemicals?

Do any of these substances have a vasodilatory/constrictory effect?
Join Me
Soundcloud

SunkLo

Post by SunkLo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Yeah, having my first coffee of the day right now, that's it apart from some vitamins (B6+12, multi, fish oil, CoQ10). I got up, dosed, waited about 20 minutes, then cooked some eggs for choline. Didn't notice any headache symptoms or anything. My head did feel warm almost like there was some padding inside my skull, but it felt kind of pleasant if anything. Not sure if that would eventually morph into a headache if you were really lacking in choline or what.

Apparently Piracetam is a bit of a vasodilator. If you're worried about heart stress or something, it's nothing like taking a stimulant. I get increased heart rate and jitters from caffeine but this was just a super calm present state. My heart rate stayed at resting level the whole time, even now after drinking half a coffee.
Blaze it -4.20dB

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:19 pm

:Q:
Join Me
Soundcloud

SunkLo

Post by SunkLo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:23 pm

I bought Battlefield 4 a few days ago, haven't really played it at all. Gonna dose again now and have a sesh, see if there's any affect. I could see it being really beneficial for getting into that flow state easily.
Blaze it -4.20dB