What game are you playing?

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
gαммα

Re: What game are you playing?

Post by gαммα » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:43 am

yea thats what i meant

arma 2 and running well are polar opposites

its basically a gamble if you can run it, even very high end rigs with i7s and gtx 680s run it like shit
вεαтs вү gαммα

Soundcloud

I used to be Trainrek

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:02 am

I wouldn't go that far, but it does take some tweaking to get good FPS.
A 4.0 Ghz dual-core is going to run it much better than an i7 with say 3.0 Ghz and quad cores.
Graphics card just helps maximize some of the settings that people try to push while others are dependent on the CPU.
Arma 3 is doing a better job performance wise, but not by an incredible margin, so will have to see if any big boosts or optimizations come with beta release on the 25th or between that and the official release.

pete_bubonic

Post by pete_bubonic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:47 am

If you have a Ps3 get Last Of Us.
If you don't, get a PS3 and Last of Us.
I make music as Forsaken, you can DL all my unreleased (and a couple released) bits here.

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:53 pm

SuperDAE’s “Insurance Torrent” is Live, Promises Boatload of Leaked Content

SuperDAE, the super hacker behind the biggest hack in gaming history, has released his “insurance torrent”. Clocking in at 1.7 TB (yes, terabytes), it promises to hold everything from Unreal Engine source code to documents pertaining to unreleased Xbox One and PlayStation 4 information. If you have an internet subscription that has no caps and enough hard drive space capable of holding an extra 1.7 terabytes, go ahead and download it.

I’ve seen what is in these files and it’s certainly a lot more than you’d expect (or maybe not, considering it’s almost 2TB). Droves of unreleased items and leaked content galore. Certainly not something these companies would want getting out.

Go ahead and check it out on SuperDAE’s website.
http://levelsave.com/superdaes-insuranc ... d-content/

So this is supposed to contain devkit software for this gen's consoles including ps4/xbone amongst other things, which means in the right hands we could have emulators for the next gen consoles before they even release.

hugh

Post by hugh » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:54 pm

deadly habit wrote:
SuperDAE’s “Insurance Torrent” is Live, Promises Boatload of Leaked Content

SuperDAE, the super hacker behind the biggest hack in gaming history, has released his “insurance torrent”. Clocking in at 1.7 TB (yes, terabytes), it promises to hold everything from Unreal Engine source code to documents pertaining to unreleased Xbox One and PlayStation 4 information. If you have an internet subscription that has no caps and enough hard drive space capable of holding an extra 1.7 terabytes, go ahead and download it.

I’ve seen what is in these files and it’s certainly a lot more than you’d expect (or maybe not, considering it’s almost 2TB). Droves of unreleased items and leaked content galore. Certainly not something these companies would want getting out.

Go ahead and check it out on SuperDAE’s website.
http://levelsave.com/superdaes-insuranc ... d-content/

So this is supposed to contain devkit software for this gen's consoles including ps4/xbone amongst other things, which means in the right hands we could have emulators for the next gen consoles before they even release.
awesome
Lost Dreams - Final
Soundcloud
Ipso Facto - Final
Soundcloud

Doozle

Post by Doozle » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Been playing The Last of Us with the missus, she said she wanted to play which was quite exciting cos the only game she's ever played with us is Little Big Planet. Been enjoying watching it being played, even if she struggles to use the camera whilst walking which can be frustrating to watch. Sick game.

My PC has an AMD Phenom X4 9550, 4 GB Ram and a 2 year old budget gfx card which needs updating. Probably closer to 4 years thinking about it. Used to be on top of PCs and tech but haven't paid attention for a long time so I'm really out of the loop. What would ninjas suggest?

ascent

Post by ascent » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Doozle wrote:Been playing The Last of Us with the missus, she said she wanted to play which was quite exciting cos the only game she's ever played with us is Little Big Planet. Been enjoying watching it being played, even if she struggles to use the camera whilst walking which can be frustrating to watch. Sick game.

My PC has an AMD Phenom X4 9550, 4 GB Ram and a 2 year old budget gfx card which needs updating. Probably closer to 4 years thinking about it. Used to be on top of PCs and tech but haven't paid attention for a long time so I'm really out of the loop. What would ninjas suggest?
I just picked up a 3570k, 8gb ram and a 7950.. ran me about 900 quid for the whole build.. the parts are still in the mail

DRTY

Post by DRTY » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:41 pm

Doozle wrote:even if she struggles to use the camera whilst walking which can be frustrating to watch. Sick game.
lol, my gf suffers from this also. Can't figure out for the life of her why you need two sticks.

Maccaveli

Post by Maccaveli » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:48 am

DRTY wrote:
Doozle wrote:even if she struggles to use the camera whilst walking which can be frustrating to watch. Sick game.
lol, my gf suffers from this also. Can't figure out for the life of her why you need two sticks.
Oh man, watching mine try to play Battlefield 3 on PC was frustrating as hell. She later picked up Portal 2 really easy, funnily enough...

gαммα

Post by gαммα » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:22 am

Doozle wrote:Been playing The Last of Us with the missus, she said she wanted to play which was quite exciting cos the only game she's ever played with us is Little Big Planet. Been enjoying watching it being played, even if she struggles to use the camera whilst walking which can be frustrating to watch. Sick game.

Components are pretty cheap nowadays, a budget rig today is roughly the same price as 4 years ago but 4 times as good
вεαтs вү gαммα

Soundcloud

I used to be Trainrek

deadly_habit

Post by deadly_habit » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Just a quick heads up Torchlight is free on GOG atm.
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/torchlight

hugh

Post by hugh » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:54 pm

nice, is it basically the same as Torchlight 2? I thought that was quite fun
Lost Dreams - Final
Soundcloud
Ipso Facto - Final
Soundcloud

JimmaJamJamie

Post by JimmaJamJamie » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:41 am

pete bubonic wrote:If you have a Ps3 get Last Of Us.
If you don't, get a PS3 and Last of Us.
Been looking at getting a PS3 since Last of Us came out just so i can play it. Looks amazing.

Wanna play Shadow of Colossus too (and maybe download some classics from my childhood: Crash Bandicoot, Abe's Odyssey, Resident Evil Nemesis, Rayman, Driver etc).

Edit: And can grab Demon Souls off PSN too.
Last edited by JimmaJamJamie on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wormcode

Post by wormcode » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:32 am

AxeD wrote:
wormcode wrote:Yeah Battlefield has been going the way of the casual arcade shooter for a few years. BF2 is still a great game, even better when its modded a bit but I wasn't into BF3 and BF4 looks a bit meh. The Bad Company franchise is excellent though, so maybe they will keep that more true to the old stuff. The devs also want to do a BF2142 sequel but they said it's not planned right now. 2142 was great ideas with kinda mediocre execution, but it's still a cool game for what it is.
http://www.realitymod.com/

That was awesome, if I remember correctly. Scoping the horizon with binoculars, giving coordinates to gunners and stuff..
Pretty cool.
Yeah that was the best full mod for sure. It changed the whole game though, but for normal BF2 I had just modded script files that made the weapon damage more realistic and bots smarter, and removed the crosshairs on the screen. It was so stupid how it would take 3 shots sometimes with a sniper rifle in normal BF2, so with that if you got them in a vital body part with most guns they went down in 1 shot with sniper, and 2 or 3 with normal guns. So many fun nights playing that with friends, 2 or 3 of us versus 60 bots on hard mode! haha
It's this mod http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/downloads/78 ... -25635.php

wysockisauce

Post by wysockisauce » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:33 am

Anyone ever play America's Army? I spent a lot of time on that game like 6 years ago, it was like a slower more tactical version of counter strike.

I really miss those games. Rainbow Six Rogue Spear is another one I played.

Too bad the new Rainbow Six is in limbo :( .

grillis

Post by grillis » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:47 am

wysockisauce wrote:Anyone ever play America's Army? I spent a lot of time on that game like 6 years ago, it was like a slower more tactical version of counter strike.
wasn't that like a semi-propaganda/conscription thing?

Electric_Head

Post by Electric_Head » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:37 am

Rainbow Six Rogue Spear was where it all began.
Great game.
The team elements were great.
Positioning separate teams at different doors and swarming a room.
Image ImageImage Image

wormcode

Post by wormcode » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:37 am

grillis wrote:
wysockisauce wrote:Anyone ever play America's Army? I spent a lot of time on that game like 6 years ago, it was like a slower more tactical version of counter strike.
Not semi, it was 100%.
The US Marines/Navy also had their own.
Americas Army was annoying though because the game would start, you'd run for 5 minutes then get sniped by someone in the mountains 200m away and have to wait 10 minutes for the round to end lol.

wysockisauce

Post by wysockisauce » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:41 am

grillis wrote:
Yeah it was developed by the US army. But it was still a pretty damn good free game :lol:

Never knew the Marines and Navy had something similar.

I read somewhere they used a modified version of the game to train soldiers. Probably just pr bs but still.

soulkids

Post by soulkids » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:13 am

deadly habit wrote:Still having a blast with DayZ and Arma 2 Combined Ops with ACE mod.
The new DayZ patch is a blast, actually making the zombies a significant threat again, and you actually have to decide if shooting another player is worth getting a horde of zombies on your position.
Had to put a few people down who were bringing hordes behind them while sloppily looting like the old patches or providing overwatch for buds looting.
It also made antibiotics the new gold item as you can get infected pretty damn easily.

is it already the final version? I played dayz early this year but stopped due to annoying bugs

might consider picking it up again