Syria, Iraq, and the Road To Hell

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
CreamLord

Re: Syria: The Ongoing Clusterfuck

Post by CreamLord » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Are those legit nowaysj
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Whaddya mean?
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

CreamLord

Post by CreamLord » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Like are those actual pictures of crucified people
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

OGLemon

Post by OGLemon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:53 pm

I just don't understand how someone could be driven to commit such terrible actions :(

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:56 pm

@green: Got me, it is all CGI.

@lemon: power
Join Me
Soundcloud

CreamLord

Post by CreamLord » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Grim
Instagram Soundcloud

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:11 am

All these guys were like, nah, everything is going to be okay.
[+]
Join Me
Soundcloud

legend4ry

Post by legend4ry » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:47 am

Syria pounds ISIS bases
in coordination with Iraq

BEIRUT - Syria's army has been pounding for 24 hours major bases of the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham in coordination with the Baghdad government, a monitor said Sunday.

The strikes against ISIS -- which has spearheaded a week-long jihadist offensive in Iraq -- have been more intense than ever, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

"The regime air force has been pounding ISIS's bases, including those in the northern province of Raqa and Hasakeh in the northeast," which borders Iraq, said the Britain-based group.

The regime of President Bashar al-Assad was responding to the fact that ISIS "brought into Syria heavy weapons including tanks" captured from the Iraqi army.

https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/nowsyrialat ... -with-iraq

Bloke on reddit said it best.
So the Syrian government (which the US is working to overthrow) is now cooperating with the Iraqi government (which the US installed) to fight the Jihadist terrorists/"rebels" (which the US opposes in Iraq but supports in Syria)???

Meanwhile, Iran (which the US opposes) has offered to help Iraq (its former arch-enemy) AND the US (its current enemy) and Syria (its ally) in suppressing the the Jihadists (which the US opposes in Iraq but supports in Syria)???

And where does Israel, (who hates Iran, hates Syria, hates Iraq and hates Jihadists) stand in all of this???

Define clusterfuck
Soulstep wrote: My point is i just wanna hear more vibes
Soundcloud

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:38 am

I'd love to know the Israeli government's stance on all of this
Getzatrhythm

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:44 am

Probably just retargeting their nukes on a daily basis.

Israel and Saudi Arabia
Sitting in a tree
k i s s i n gee
Join Me
Soundcloud

ezza
THE POOREST

Post by ezza » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:53 am

nowaysj fishing for the bans
DiegoSapiens wrote:thats so industrial
soronery wrote:New low

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Here we go, the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism, including domestic:

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/officials-u- ... in-jordan/

JERUSALEM – Members of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIS, were trained in 2012 by U.S. instructors working at a secret base in Jordan, according to informed Jordanian officials.

The officials said dozens of ISIS members were trained at the time as part of covert aid to the insurgents targeting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in Syria. The officials said the training was not meant to be used for any future campaign in Iraq.

The Jordanian officials said all ISIS members who received U.S. training to fight in Syria were first vetted for any links to extremist groups like al-Qaida.

In February 2012, WND was first to report the U.S., Turkey and Jordan were running a training base for the Syrian rebels in the Jordanian town of Safawi in the country’s northern desert region.

That report has since been corroborated by numerous other media accounts.

Last March, the German weekly Der Spiegel reported Americans were training Syrian rebels in Jordan.

Quoting what it said were training participants and organizers, Der Spiegel reported it was not clear whether the Americans worked for private firms or were with the U.S. Army, but the magazine said some organizers wore uniforms. The training in Jordan reportedly focused on use of anti-tank weaponry.

The German magazine reported some 200 men received the training over the previous three months amid U.S. plans to train a total of 1,200 members of the Free Syrian Army in two camps in the south and the east of Jordan.

Britain’s Guardian newspaper also reported last March that U.S. trainers were aiding Syrian rebels in Jordan along with British and French instructors.

Reuters reported a spokesman for the U.S. Defense Department declined immediate comment on the German magazine’s report. The French foreign ministry and Britain’s foreign and defense ministries also would not comment to Reuters.

The Jordanian officials spoke to WND amid concern the sectarian violence in Iraq will spill over into their own country as well as into Syria.

ISIS previously posted a video on YouTube threatening to move on Jordan and “slaughter” King Abdullah, whom they view as an enemy of Islam.

WND reported last week that, according to Jordanian and Syrian regime sources, Saudi Arabia has been arming the ISIS and that the Saudis are a driving force in supporting the al-Qaida-linked group.

WND further reported that, according to a Shiite source in contact with a high official in the government of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, the Obama administration has been aware for two months that the al-Qaida-inspired group that has taken over two Iraqi cities and now is threatening Baghdad also was training fighters in Turkey.

The source told WND that at least one of the training camps of the group Iraq of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Syria, the ISIS, is in the vicinity of Incirlik Air Base near Adana, Turkey, where American personnel and equipment are located.

He called Obama “an accomplice” in the attacks that are threatening the Maliki government the U.S. helped establish through the Iraq war.

The source said that after training in Turkey, thousands of ISIS fighters went to Iraq by way of Syria to join the effort to establish an Islamic caliphate subject to strict Islamic law, or Shariah.

All those executions you saw. American.
Join Me
Soundcloud

nobody

Post by nobody » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:59 pm

bad times
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

_ronzlo_

Post by _ronzlo_ » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Shooting someone you don't even know in the back and saying "god is the greatest" just re-cemented my atheism 1000x.

Hate Homo sapiens.

Have heard repeatedly that Prince Bandar is the guy bankrolling these fucks and using CIA & Mossad as handlers from more than one reliable source... and which sort of becomes apparent when you read between the lines in stories like below. Who would stand to benefit from initiating a 'final showdown' between Shia and Sunni, esp. since so much of the Shia world appears to be going through a transition?

----------------

Iraq: Not falling apart. Yet.

If you read the newspapers or watch television news it's easy to come away with the feeling that ISIS is a conquering army, sweeping everything before it as it rushes towards Baghdad: a little like the Viet Cong advancing on Saigon in 1975, perhaps.

It is true that ISIS is now attacking Baquba, just 37 miles down the road from Baghdad. It is also true that it terrified the national army last week, and that three regular divisions simply collapsed as ISIS advanced.

ISIS is hugely rich - its capture of the Iraqi city of Mosul probably brought in an extra two billion dollars to its coffers - and appallingly brutal.

Buying bullets

Now, though, the fighting in Baquba may have changed things. The forces which seem to have pushed the ISIS fighters out of the town centre are partly composed of enthusiastic Shia volunteers who have been rushing to attack their Sunni enemies.

Iraqi size themselves up for military service

In Baghdad, bullets and pistols have tripled in price, and you can scarcely buy a Kalashnikov at all. But this is not because nervous citizens are arming themselves against the ISIS onslaught; it is due to the huge demand from the Shia volunteers.

More importantly, in Baquba ISIS is getting close to the edge of Sunni Iraq. There are two big Sunni suburbs on the edge of Baghdad, Amiriya and Khadra, which may soon pose a problem to the Iraqi government, but the city itself is predominantly Shia.

For an organisation of fewer than 10,000 fighters to be able to capture Baghdad and hold it would require a wholesale collapse of morale among Shia Iraqis: something that is hard to imagine, especially after the savage photographs and videos that ISIS fighters have been putting on Twitter and the web.

Iranian influence

Shias know very well that ISIS regards them as heretics to be wiped out. No mercy can be expected from an organisation which boasts of crucifying its victims or using their heads as a football.

Now, though, there is another factor in the equation: international help. The 275 US military personnel who, the US government says, are coming to Baghdad are nowhere near as important as one single Iranian soldier who is here already.

As the world's predominant Shia nation, Iran has sent a general from the elite al-Quds force of its Revolutionary Guards to advise on the defence of Baghdad.

Brig Gen Qasem Soleimani is a symbol of Iran's determination to preserve the huge influence it has built up over the government of Iraq.

Gen Soleimani (file picture) is in Baghdad advising Iraqi officials

Volunteers have been eager to join Iraqi security forces and Shia militias to try to stem the ISIS advance

Indeed, Western diplomats blame many of the current problems which have grown up between Sunnis and Shias on the willingness of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki to follow Iran's demands.

If you listen to statements from the White House or the British Foreign Office, you would think they were judiciously allowing Iran in from the cold, so it can play a minor role in this crisis.

In fact they are simply acknowledging that Iran is the sole external power which, if things go badly wrong, can save Iraq. Neither Britain nor the US will intervene here seriously, and everyone knows it.

ISIS eruption

Only a year ago, most thoughtful people here believed that Iraq would probably hold together as a unified country. Clearly, the Kurdish north-east was to all intents and purposes independent, but it still accepted that it should notionally remain a part of Iraq.

Sunnis in the rest of Iraq increasingly disliked what seemed to them to be rule by Shia politicians, but even so the balance of advantage still seemed to lie with staying inside Iraq.

Now the eruption of ISIS, straddling the border with Syria, has changed all that.

Photos released by ISIS show Iraqi army prisoners before their apparent execution

Many Sunnis, particularly the conservative ones who started turning against al-Qaeda eight years ago, and enabled the US forces to leave Iraq with what seemed at the time to be dignity, are not at all happy that ISIS should control their towns and villages.

But the danger of the present fight-back by Shia volunteers is that they will victimise ordinary Sunnis, and make them feel that ISIS is the only group that can protect them.

In other words, this has the potential to turn into a clear-cut religious war, with the possibility of mass "cleansing" of civilians and brutality on a large scale.

So things at present may not be quite as bad here as people abroad think; but they could turn out that way if the fighting is not ended quickly and clearly.

_ronzlo_

Post by _ronzlo_ » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:06 pm

nowaysj wrote: ...But the chick's panties that you drop with a keytar, marry that B.

alphacat

Re: Syria, Iraq, and the Road To Hell

Post by alphacat » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:19 pm

All through this I've been wondering about one particular group in Iraq: a subset of the Kurds known as Yezidi.

Yezidi are best known to Western academics as "the devil worshippers of Iraq."

In fairness, they don't personify a Satan-esque figure and heap their adulation on him. But their primary focus of worship is Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel. His story is more or less parallel to the story of Lucifer rebelling against God, except that Melek Taus has reconciled with God already. However, the religion is heavily cloistered, its traditions primarily oral and not written, and further details are pretty scarce.

You can see why a Yezidi might be concerned with a Salafi extremist army occupying their land. Like families with children as young as one being executed - shot in the head.

Just awful. Worse and worse.

BTW @roonzlow I have very little doubt that the Saudis are very involved in this.
Jodorowsky wrote:Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.

bennyfroobs

Post by bennyfroobs » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:54 am

jose are you saiyng the people being shot in that video were americans? 0:
TopManLurka wrote:FTR, requirements for being a 'head':

-you have to be youngsta
-you must have been in that infamous room of ten people.
-a DMZ release is preferable but not necessary.
-please note that being youngsta is mandatory.

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:33 am

No, the people being shot were Iraqi armed forces who just laid down their arms when ISIS stormed in. Isis is composed of Americans, Ukers as well as arabs from the wider region. Isis's leadership were trained by the US in Jordan.
Join Me
Soundcloud

bennyfroobs

Post by bennyfroobs » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:51 am

o fuk ):

-you have to be youngsta

bennyfroobs

Post by bennyfroobs » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:53 am

its like when they said that 'terrorists' destroyed the WTC so they had an excuse for their pre-planned invasion of [insert middle eastern country name here]

except 500000 times more sly

-you have to be youngsta