Do People In SNH Still Listen to Dubstep?

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
bennyfroobs

Re: Do People In SNH Still Listen to Dubstep?

Post by bennyfroobs » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:17 am

Sheff wrote:Someone post something that is recent and good pls

Soundcloud

Soundcloud

Soundcloud

Soundcloud
TopManLurka wrote:FTR, requirements for being a 'head':

-you have to be youngsta
-you must have been in that infamous room of ten people.
-a DMZ release is preferable but not necessary.
-please note that being youngsta is mandatory.

TheIntrospectionist

Post by TheIntrospectionist » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:34 am

-
Last edited by TheIntrospectionist on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

OGLemon

Post by OGLemon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:58 am

Not really. I will take a look at any deep medi and dmz release that comes along.
Been playing this and the new goth-trad release in the lack for the past couple of days.

Waiting for that Las - Tic tune to get a release.
Will listen to that n-type show this weekend.

syrup
Reigning Mini-Mix King

Post by syrup » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:19 am

1404lyf
Soundcloud
dubfordessert wrote:you can jizz on me if you want

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:16 am

Still do, never followed it even in 06 though because I didn't feel the needs living in Leeds
Getzatrhythm

SCope13

Post by SCope13 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:27 am

TheIntrospectionist wrote: People keep throwing the word 'trap' around now and I have no idea what that means :lol:.
ultraspatial wrote:doing any sort of drug other than smoking crack is 5 panel.
incnic wrote:true headz tread a fine line between bitterness and euphoria - much like the best rave tunes

MasterA

Post by MasterA » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:45 am

tbf not really. only 2013 releases I'e bought have been grime. not going to be one of the stnuc that says "yea, dubstep's dead fam" and then big up trap or so-called deep house though, just a lot of it's not to my taste anymore.

ultraspatial

Post by ultraspatial » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:18 am

Sexual_Chocolate

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:49 am

i wish hijak released those bits he made recently.
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

PinUp

Post by PinUp » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:30 am

The Skream & Hijak EP that was meant to come out on Medi would have been sick.
pkay wrote:I literally can and have mixed about 4 tracks of dubstep solely using my cock.

topmo3

Post by topmo3 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:25 pm

don't wanna hijack this thread but i wanna ask.. do people listen to mixes anymore?? or is it just me? i mean some years ago i downloaded mixes, listened to them at parties, in the car or whatever and i had favourite mixes much like favourite albums. but for a while now since i don't pretty much listen to mixes anymore (listening to djs on the radio doesn't count) i jus wanna know do people listen to em? basically i want to know cause if i'm gonna record my own mixes is it worth it? or should i just stick to playing out

Sexual_Chocolate

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:29 pm

im in the same boat, havent gone out of my way to listen to a mix in awhile. even if i know theres bare dubs in the mix, i just dont care.

occasionally if im studying i'll put on something downbeat, but dubstep wise, no.... never.
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Now the brostep/commercial hype has died down I think its been a really consistent year.. just nothing overly outstanding.

Deep Medi have been consistently good, Dark Tantrums/Kromestar have dubs galore, whole Anti Social camp are killing it.. Even that Caspa tune was pretty good, Jokers come back in style.. on top of that Kahn has lived up to his hype, whole Innamind label has been impressive.

I think dubstep has been overshadowed by all genres doing well. This year is the first year drum & bass has excited me for a long time, the jungle return has been interesting.. few 130 guys putting jungle influences in their tunes, om unit/machinedrum/sam binga doing some footwork/jungle bits, hardcore as well with special request and tessela. There seems to have been more new grime producers pop up this year than any other recently.

So yeah big year all round tbh. Dubstep hasn't done badly at all.

Still got The Bugs album to come as well, assuming thats still on for this year.

esfandyar

Post by esfandyar » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:52 pm

topmo3 wrote:don't wanna hijack this thread but i wanna ask.. do people listen to mixes anymore?? or is it just me? i mean some years ago i downloaded mixes, listened to them at parties, in the car or whatever and i had favourite mixes much like favourite albums. but for a while now since i don't pretty much listen to mixes anymore (listening to djs on the radio doesn't count) i jus wanna know do people listen to em? basically i want to know cause if i'm gonna record my own mixes is it worth it? or should i just stick to playing out
yes people still listen to mixes. if you are weighing it out as far as it being a good method to promoting yourself or not, everything you do to promote yourself in the end will help. :W:
AntlionUK wrote:fuck you SNH
Soundcloud

rorz9992

Post by rorz9992 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:20 pm

I still like dubstep including recent stuff, looks like I'm in a minority here though lol. For the most part I can't get on with the house / techno revival that's going on atm, some of it is OK but the stuff with pitched down vocals and 808s galore bores the shit out of me.

I noticed a lot of you guys like dub / reggae as well, which I like in a general sense but not enough to dig deep and find out about the individual tunes, respect to you lot though for branching out, I think I'm stuck in the mid 00s lol

lylo

Post by lylo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:44 pm

rorz9992 wrote:I still like dubstep including recent stuff, looks like I'm in a minority here though lol. For the most part I can't get on with the house / techno revival that's going on atm, some of it is OK but the stuff with pitched down vocals and 808s galore bores the shit out of me.

I noticed a lot of you guys like dub / reggae as well, which I like in a general sense but not enough to dig deep and find out about the individual tunes, respect to you lot though for branching out, I think I'm stuck in the mid 00s lol
im with you mate. i still rinse that 2004-2006 period partly because its nostalgic but mainly because i aint heard anything that sounds better since. but i do listen to anti socail/ yunx/ joe nice when i can. i still think theres a lot of steam from this sound yet to come, but i am easily impressed so there you go

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Jungle seems to be infecting all genres atm, could do with some more of this in dubstep.. Cluekid & LD wot u sayin?

Phigure

Post by Phigure » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:30 am

still listen to dubstep but hardly any new stuff. just keep going back to classics from over the years

although i have been rinsing that new LAS on innamind :P:
j_j wrote:^lol
Soundcloud | Twitter

sigbowls

Post by sigbowls » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:12 am

the 140-145 stuff i like to listen to. its nice and fast
blazen the raisin

Soul_Of_Seun

Post by Soul_Of_Seun » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:42 pm

Dubstep still comprises the majority of my music listening experience. I'm a late comer to the scene having only started listening in 2011, so I still like trying to find old tunes and releases by artists I didn't know about.

I tend to listen to the established producers most of the time. Tunnidge, Distance, J:Kenzo, Kryptic Minds, SP:MC, Youngsta, Kromestar, Pinch & Cyrus. Also listening to a lot of Commodo, Killwatt, Thelem, Biome, Ipman, and Gantz lately.

There are a lot of tunes in released 2013 I've loved such as Badman VIP, SP:MC- Launch Code, Gantz- Stayer, Ipman- Messenger, and a few others. I'm mostly liking the direction of the scene. The new relases by Razor Rekta, Dark Tantrums, & Sleeper have been a bit left field. IMO. Sounding more techno -inspired in nature.

Been listening to a lot of the old school like Appleblim, and Pervelist lately with Shackleton, Skynet, Luke Envoy, Maryn, Loefah, Headhunter and old The Others tunes.

And I can't wait for these tunes to come out:

I suppose I just ran through my playlist just now....
Soundcloud

Mystical