British cuisine is the best in the world

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
bela

Re: British cuisine is the best in the world

Post by bela » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:54 pm

1. mexican
2. "mediterranean"
3. tie between vietnamese and japanese

british cuisine as such doesn't impress me much (besides sunday roasts, have a lot of time for them) -- it's all about the bastardisation of other cuisines when they arrive on your isle tho :W:

kay

Post by kay » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:33 pm

magma wrote:
karmacazee wrote:Americans make the best sandwiches. I'll just chuck that in.
Not a bad shout tbh. I genuinely couldn't believe the quality, even in airports. They take that shit seriously!
Yep.

Genevieve

Post by Genevieve » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:42 pm

If food shows are anything to go by, Americans value quality food and quality ingredients a lot more than most Europeans do. When I SEE the cuts of meat they use and what care some use to prepare even simple dishes I lower my head in shame for living here.

I mean, yeah there's Burger King and McDonald's, but I don't think of them really as "American food" as much as "Western food".

namsayin

:'0

Head of the DSF Hebrew Awareness Society

Sexual_Chocolate

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 pm

countries that make fried bread are good with me
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

Molzie

Post by Molzie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:27 pm

British cuisine was the worst food out of all the countries I've visited (the states redeemed itself with their rib houses)

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:14 am

Genevieve wrote:If food shows are anything to go by, Americans value quality food and quality ingredients a lot more than most Europeans do. When I SEE the cuts of meat they use and what care some use to prepare even simple dishes I lower my head in shame for living here.

I mean, yeah there's Burger King and McDonald's, but I don't think of them really as "American food" as much as "Western food".
Tbh the French love for their own stuff is pretty embarrassing, way overblown
Getzatrhythm

Sexual_Chocolate

Post by Sexual_Chocolate » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 am

does wine count?
Laszlo wrote:and yay, upon imparting his knowledge to his fellow Ninjas, Nevalo spoke wisely that when aggrieved by a woman thou shalt put it in her bum.
Soundcloud
https://labelarecs.bandcamp.com

slothrop

Post by slothrop » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 am

Molzie wrote:British cuisine was the worst food out of all the countries I've visited (the states redeemed itself with their rib houses)
I'm a massive defender of how good British food can be - even without the stuff that we've recently imported from other cultures you've got loads of great cheese, amazing seafood, game, a thousand and one things to do with a dead pig (great ham, sausages etc), a massive range of fruit and veg, pies... generally really good simple cooking with great ingredients.

But having got that out of the way, the general quality of food that you're actually likely to run into on a regular basis is pretty fucking bad, eg flavourless microwaved slop in most pubs, pretentious microwaved slop in upmarket pubs, loads of chain places selling the same old same old, generically bad sandwiches, really grim travesties of Italian, Chinese, Spanish etc...

exfox

Post by exfox » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:27 pm

test recordings wrote:
Genevieve wrote:If food shows are anything to go by, Americans value quality food and quality ingredients a lot more than most Europeans do. When I SEE the cuts of meat they use and what care some use to prepare even simple dishes I lower my head in shame for living here.

true for most things related to france / the french actually :?

Johnlenham

Post by Johnlenham » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:32 pm

1. mexican
2. Indian
3."mediterranean"

Most places you can buy "British" food are not really worth getting it from.
My gfs family on the other hand make the best roasts going. So good. Her dad is some kind of roast wizard I swear.

particle-jim

Post by particle-jim » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Johnlenham wrote:1. mexican
Trust though you ain't even had Mexican food till you've been to Mexico man, it's fucking unreal
imami wrote:i put secret donks in all my tunes, just low enough so you can't hear them
http://www.soundcloud.com/particle
http://www.mixcloud.com/particlejim

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:35 pm

exfox wrote:
test recordings wrote:

true for most things related to france / the french actually :?
Greek's good imo, it's only fresh and seasonal. Even in country there's piss all imports and pretty much all local (except milk because they don't have cows)
Getzatrhythm

hugh

Post by hugh » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:16 pm

traditional bacon and egg sarnie > everything
Lost Dreams - Final
Soundcloud
Ipso Facto - Final
Soundcloud