What is the number one problem with the human race and why?

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
wub

What is the number one problem with the human race and why?

Post by wub » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:29 pm

In your opinion.

Pedro Sánchez

Re: What is the number one problem with the human race and w

Post by Pedro Sánchez » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Having opinions.
Genevieve wrote:It's a universal law that the rich have to exploit the poor. Preferably violently.

magma

Post by magma » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:38 pm

People not liking Bob Dylan.
Meus equus tuo altior est

"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

garethom

Post by garethom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:38 pm

Widespread ignorance of the works of Rhythm & Sound.

If that doesn't count though, I guess I'd say the tendency to always negatively focus on people "below" them than those "above" them.

butter_man

Post by butter_man » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:39 pm

I'll try and make this as relevant as possible. I had a thought once (yes, only once) that, (in my opinion), the best way to have the human race work, post aristotlean substance-based-philosdophy that is, is to denounce all leaders and all roles of power, and all wealth. there would have to be two rules though that would be have to passed around as gods word for it to work, they would be: " no mob rule, no violence."
I feel this would enter human life into a sink or swim mode and everyone would play there part based on instinct down to there inherent sense and genetically tailored role. life and death would hang more in the balance but due to the non-existence of external knowledge i.e passing on knowledge through books a sort of subconscious knowledge a knowledge in doing would come about, subconsciously, a bit like heideggers 'ready to hand' on a global scale for all humans. I'm losing it a bit here...

theres no real way to prove that this would work apart from trying it and the stakes are too high for any current global governing body to try it. but as we run out of avenues in the current way this may seem like a more feasible option.
Last edited by butter_man on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garethom wrote:weed ice cream

wub

Post by wub » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:41 pm

garethom wrote:I guess I'd say the tendency to always negatively focus on people "below" them than those "above" them.
Do you mean like people who perceive themselves as 'working class' constantly sniping at the middle classes?

magma

Post by magma » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Actually, it's a potent combination of the perceived technological, philosophical and political mastery of the hive-mind coupled with the individual's unparalleled propensity for idiocy.

nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

wub

Post by wub » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:42 pm

butter man wrote:I feel this would enter human life into a sink or swim mode and everyone would play there part based on instinct down to there inherent sense and genetically tailored role. life and death would hang more in the balance but due to the non-existence of external knowledge
Good post, would you mind expanding on this bit?

garethom

Post by garethom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:45 pm

wub wrote:
garethom wrote:I guess I'd say the tendency to always negatively focus on people "below" them than those "above" them.
Do you mean like people who perceive themselves as 'working class' constantly sniping at the middle classes?
Yeah, guess to sum it up better with a bit more thought:

Seems like no matter what the ruling classes do, all the anger seems to be focused on the lower classes, "middle class" blaming their woes on the poorest, "working class" blaming their woes on fellow working class/immigrants, and yep, as you say, people who perceive themselves to be of a certain class sniping at other people around their level.

Seems to me to be like:

"Ruling" classes
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Middle Class
-
Working Class
-
"Underclass", etc.

wub

Post by wub » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:50 pm

magma wrote:Actually, it's a potent combination of the perceived technological, philosophical and political mastery of the hive-mind coupled with the individual's unparalleled propensity for idiocy.

Pedro Sánchez

Post by Pedro Sánchez » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:52 pm

wub wrote:
But it's still beating a rock with a stick in reality. The poorest can take the piss all they want but they still don't hold any more chips for doing so. I personally only take the piss out of the middleclass because I know it presses their buttons and I'm an arsehole like that but I know their place in society is just and today they are only a mortgaged asset better off than the majority of working class.
Genevieve wrote:It's a universal law that the rich have to exploit the poor. Preferably violently.

wub

Post by wub » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Pedro Sánchez wrote:
wub wrote:
But it's still beating a rock with a stick in reality. The poorest can take the piss all they want but they still don't hold any more chips for doing so. I personally only take the piss out of the middleclass because I know it presses their buttons and I'm an arsehole like that but I know their place in society is just and today they are only a mortgaged asset better off than the majority of working class.
What class do you consider yourself to be?

therapist

Post by therapist » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Gays.

garethom

Post by garethom » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:53 pm

therapist wrote:Gays.
:lol:

therapist

Post by therapist » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Just to elaborate;

Pedro Sánchez

Post by Pedro Sánchez » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:55 pm

wub wrote:
Pedro Sánchez wrote:
wub wrote:
I'm at the higher end of working class probably, really I should be lower middleclass but I'm too much of a de-motivated fuckup to get there.

therapist

Post by therapist » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Downgrading yourself to working class because you're lazy is a pretty middle class thing to do.

wub

Post by wub » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Pedro Sánchez wrote:
wub wrote:
Pedro Sánchez wrote:
wub wrote:
I'm at the higher end of working class probably, really I should be lower middleclass but I'm too much of a de-motivated fuckup to get there.
And what makes you lower class, in your opinion. Assuming you don't work in a factory as I've seen you mention marketing departments on here before (I think it was you)

magma

Post by magma » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:58 pm

therapist wrote:Downgrading yourself to working class because you're lazy is a pretty middle class thing to do.
So's having an avatar that looks like it's an unfortunate soul from Jeremy Kyle's weekly bash-the-working-classes-benefit-scroungers extravaganza.

Pedro Sánchez

Post by Pedro Sánchez » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:00 pm

magma wrote:
therapist wrote:Downgrading yourself to working class because you're lazy is a pretty middle class thing to do.
So's having an avatar that looks like it's an unfortunate soul from Jeremy Kyle's weekly bash-the-working-classes-benefit-scroungers extravaganza.
:lol: I know but it's the face of the angriest woman.