Insomniacs Anonymous

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
Terpit

Re: Insomniacs Anonymous

Post by Terpit » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:27 am

nah, that's Saudi

we just can't drink drive or drink in public (laws that I strongly agree with tbh)
Soundcloud
♫•*¨*•.¸¸ This is a special Proper HQ Recording by myself !!! ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪*

titchbit

Post by titchbit » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:33 am

that's pretty dank actually.

do you think people still do it in saudi anyway? i mean i'm sure you can't say for sure but judging from most muslims' attitudes towards it would you guess most people still do it there, kinda like weed in the west?

Terpit

Post by Terpit » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:40 am

From what I have heard, got mates who used to live there, the Westeners there make their own alcohol and there is no real branded booze at all. Apparently a lot of the shops have sections where they sell everything you need, unofficially of course

A lot of Arabs drink, a lot more that people expect tbh but I think Saudis either go to Bahrain or come to the UAE to do it, religious police over there are very backwards and strict
Soundcloud
♫•*¨*•.¸¸ This is a special Proper HQ Recording by myself !!! ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪*

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 am

Terpit wrote:drink more you pussies
Old drug of choice. Can't do it anymore.
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

sigbowls

Post by sigbowls » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:47 am

smoking and drinking in public is illegal?
any one herd of that yolo law?
blazen the raisin

thatjsound

Post by thatjsound » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:08 am

Pfft erry night! Been messing with me going to work on time recently.
Still feel like I'm meant to be up at night tho. So much peace that you can't always get throughout the day
Soundcloud

Mix with the likes of 2562, Blawan, Mark Broom, and Truncate

TheIntrospectionist

Post by TheIntrospectionist » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:40 am

My sleep is terrible! Got up at 6am this morning after only managing 3 and a half hours of sleep, slept as soon as I got back home until about an hour ago. I have to get up at 6am again this morning and I'm contemplating doing an all night on the ps4 in order to increase the likelihood I'll be up and ready to leave on time. Last term was so bad and I only had one 9am start in the week. I just find it incredibly hard to sleep unless I've had some 'erbal' assistance :lol:. It even got to the point where I've had e-mails threatening me with withdrawal so I really need to make sure I attend shit this term. :|

rockonin

Post by rockonin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 am

If i cant sleep i rub one out to tire myself. Then when i slightly fall asleep, i dream of rubbing one out again so there is a chromatic/mechanical pattern (like counting sheep, but i'm not Welsh so there's no point) to keep myself from waking up.

WankCeption!
https://soundcloud.com/rockonin
ehbes wrote:I'll remember that when City wins the league :W:

sigbowls

Post by sigbowls » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:26 am

i just made up for they days i couldnt sleep much from someone making noise one day and not being able to sleep another day.
blazen the raisin

TheIntrospectionist

Post by TheIntrospectionist » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:16 am

An hour and 15 minutes to go before my alarm goes off. So far so good. :lol:

Molzie

Post by Molzie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:23 am

you're not going to get to sleep if you're browsing the net you doofus

TheIntrospectionist

Post by TheIntrospectionist » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:26 am

The point was that I'm trying to stay awake lol. If I go to sleep there is no way I'm getting up on time.

Molzie

Post by Molzie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:28 am

oh, well, good job!!

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 am

Molzie wrote:you're not going to get to sleep if you're browsing the net you doofus
:a: After years, decades even, of trying different things, the best seems to be a consistent schedule, heavy exercise, a benzo, and some form of mental trickery at night that tells my brain that we're not going to sleep, and then when it is not looking, and naturally fatigued, bammo we slip off. That trickery can be butthole surfing the interwebs.
Join Me
Soundcloud

FuDuzn

Post by FuDuzn » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:57 am

Hold tight the white noise crew.

I can't fall asleep, or even stay asleep, without a fan going.

Molzie

Post by Molzie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:10 am

nowaysj wrote:
Molzie wrote:you're not going to get to sleep if you're browsing the net you doofus
:a: After years, decades even, of trying different things, the best seems to be a consistent schedule, heavy exercise, a benzo, and some form of mental trickery at night that tells my brain that we're not going to sleep, and then when it is not looking, and naturally fatigued, bammo we slip off. That trickery can be butthole surfing the interwebs.
You need to ease up on the butthole surfing bro

scherou

Post by scherou » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:53 pm

mks wrote:I had really bad insomnia for a few nights a couple of weeks ago.

It really does suck and it really messes with your day.

I think mine was from stress and not eating enough but it is a catch 22 because I'll get stressed out and then lose my appetite.

I've always been a light sleeper but here I was getting these hypnagogic jerks and muscle twitches that would keep waking me up right when I was trying to to fall asleep. All night, over and over and over.

Marijuana helps me with both the appetite issue and the sleep thing most of the times. I'll smoke a couple of puffs of a strong indica a couple of hours before bed and it helps me fall asleep usually.
this sounds just like me man, for about 3 weeks during and after outlook 2012 i had serious sleep anxiety which meant that my brain was constantly subconsciously aware that I wanted to sleep, so as I was drifting off my brain got all excited and gave my body a surge of adrenaline or a big jolt which woke me back up again, every time. the only way to get to sleep was by taking sleep meds that my friend had, which made me groggy the whole of the next day and i only got like 2 hours a night due to the ridiculous heat in the mornings. it basically meant i spent the whole of the festival as a zombie and missed out on any action past 5am :(
definitely caused by too much drug abuse, had md like 4 nights in a row prior to the festival which fucked my serotonin up badly. i got sorted in the end by getting a prescription for these quasi-benzos.
once you learn to control your anxiety and say "no you're being a fucking idiot calm down" to yourself you're basically fine, its just about getting out of that loop.

ezza
THE POOREST

Post by ezza » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:03 pm

sleeping patterns fucked anonymous

next time your up till 5am just dont go bed and stay up till the next night.... its the only way

my mate thinks he an insomniac but he wakes up at like 4 pm :lol:

normal ppl are up for like 16 hours roughly ennit

so if u wake up at 4pm obviously u can sleep that night
DiegoSapiens wrote:thats so industrial
soronery wrote:New low

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:13 pm

I only really sleep well when I drink a fair amount.. but not too much that I end up hungover.

Recently been waking up mid-dream 2/3 times and night and having really vivid dreams. Often I'll have a total of like 10 hours of broken sleep and feel worse than if I don't sleep.

I thought dreams were suppose to occur in deep sleep which is the best sleep? I find when I dream I feel more tired and the more vivid the dream/longer it feels, the worse I feel. Maybe its because I'm waking up mid-dream thats making me feel shit?

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:38 pm

As I understand it the good sleep is a layer below dreaming sleep, so if you keep skipping back up from the dream state, you may never be getting down to that deep restive sleep. But I just woke up after a few benzo induced shitty hours of sleep, so what do I know?
Join Me
Soundcloud