OUTLOOK 2014 MANDEM

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
jaydot

Re: OUTLOOK 2014 MANDEM

Post by jaydot » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:47 pm

People on social networking sites had best stop sharing Outlook pics because I might kill them in a jealous rage.
Soundcloud

Soundcloud

tweet @jaydotdubstep

jrkhnds

Post by jrkhnds » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:28 am

Commodo and Mala absolutely muuuuuurking it. Commodo's mixing is beyond stellar. Goth-Trad I personaly found very refreshing, but the last 30min of his set were very experimental and a large amount of the crowd wasn't vibing at all. Gantz's set was more a listening session of cued up songs - and on the last day of a festival you need to go all-in. wasn't feeling.
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

scherou

Post by scherou » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:53 am

decided to switch up from pure dubstep

kahn & neek were nasty as youd expect, then boddika who was fully sick. really excellent set from him. rounded it all off with a bit of manny pride from dub phizix and you've got yourself a sick night!

RKM

Post by RKM » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:32 pm

plenty of good shit this year, wondering why they don't put more emphasis on antisocial/system/innamind/ chord marauders crews instead of booking hatcha 5 times

-floating points was the absolute tits, such a vibe that whole set put me in the best mood, enjoyed vivek in the moat, square off/mere shers always gonna be nice, agree with jurkhands about the flow and fx,
-mumdance logos set was wicked, started a bit too technoey for me with some slow builds, absolutely love their closer, heard it a lot recently anyone know?
-medi boat party was a vibe, gantz was a bit slow to jog me out of a deep hangover but tunes were big, kahn and neek smashing as ever, too nice to see mala and loefah play a b2b together as well (would have liked more crackbong vibes but not h8ing)
-medi night i was in a foul mood, liked the start of goth trad, have to admit i was bored by his experimental jam session, mala was great as ever, kalawanjii vip on a jokes funky tip haah, went to butterz got v bored,
went noahs ballroom on my ones and watched some inyerface dnb that i would never listen to, hangover/neg state disappeared almost instantly and it was one of my hilights of the weekend did 2hrs+ there stone cold sober and loving it

tl;dr-wtf is that jump up tune that was in every set...........
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

scherou

Post by scherou » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:52 am

RKM wrote:wtf is that jump up tune that was in every set...........
this tune got dropped at like 3 separate dnb sets that i saw haha dunno if its the one you mean

phane

Post by phane » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:27 am

Went to Dimensions and was pretty wicked, but they still need to work on lots of things
- first of all, the sound systems are amazing. all the stages had top notch systems
- almost no lasers, visuals, eye candy - there is still a lot to work on this side imho
- 4 Euros for the festival program? are you kidding me? there are festivals that have phone apps announcing every time the artists change at every scene and free wifi in the surroundings and they charge 4 Euros for a piece of paper ..
- when the big storm hit on Sunday, although it was announced at all the weather channels, they did not manage it properly. First of all every person should have received at entry a raincoat. i've missed the first hit and could easily stay after the 2nd and 3rd if i had a raincoat
- they cancelled Mala Live, Metro Area live, Moodyman Live + some others .. same ticket price, no other artists added to the line-up
- no POS at the ticket site + their f*cking donation if you were on the guest list

Thanks to the good line-up and awesome sound systems i did had lots of fun.
PS: which was The Dungeon ? could not find it on the program and the volunteers did not knew about it. Was it Noah's?

scherou

Post by scherou » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:11 am

phane wrote: - 4 Euros for the festival program? are you kidding me? there are festivals that have phone apps announcing every time the artists change at every scene and free wifi in the surroundings and they charge 4 Euros for a piece of paper ..
mate in some uk festivals programs can cost up to like a tenner... 4 euros surely isnt a big deal is it considering all the other money youve spent getting there. but fair enough anyways man
phane wrote: PS: which was The Dungeon ? could not find it on the program and the volunteers did not knew about it. Was it Noah's?
the dungeon wasnt there this year from what i can tell, i think it's down to health & safety (yawn), same reason why they tried a lot harder to block off the bridge/lighthouse/cliffs/plank bit this year

RKM

Post by RKM » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:55 pm

nahh its this one

sounds a bit different here think everyone was speeding it up, been a long time since i've listened to original sin haha

they got rid of some of the more jokes stages and jam spots, there used to be this nice bamboo cotch above mungos and the 2 small stages in the courtyard, that new garden stage is a bit wack, some steep angle and weak system (and saw big narstie there and it was str8 embarrassing) tho the trees are nice

edit: sherou how'd you get to those lighthouse bits? knew hedz who did it before but assumed they'd used their steward vests to get down towards the main arena so sorta gave up
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

phane

Post by phane » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Scherou wrote:
phane wrote: - 4 Euros for the festival program? are you kidding me? there are festivals that have phone apps announcing every time the artists change at every scene and free wifi in the surroundings and they charge 4 Euros for a piece of paper ..
mate in some uk festivals programs can cost up to like a tenner... 4 euros surely isnt a big deal is it considering all the other money youve spent getting there. but fair enough anyways man
And you think that paying for a piece of paper to get the information required to see the artists you want is normal?
It's not about the cost, like you said, 4 Euro's is just a small bit for what you spend at a festival, but this is bullshit.
10 pounds is just wack and an insult to the festival goers who already paid the ticket.

sbsb

Post by sbsb » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:33 pm

RKM wrote:nahh its this one

sounds a bit different here think everyone was speeding it up, been a long time since i've listened to original sin haha

they got rid of some of the more jokes stages and jam spots, there used to be this nice bamboo cotch above mungos and the 2 small stages in the courtyard, that new garden stage is a bit wack, some steep angle and weak system (and saw big narstie there and it was str8 embarrassing) tho the trees are nice

edit: sherou how'd you get to those lighthouse bits? knew hedz who did it before but assumed they'd used their steward vests to get down towards the main arena so sorta gave up
usually lurk but

i spoke to a guy who was running the kurupt fm secret day party in mungos on the saturday and he said that top bit of mungos with the cocktail bar and bamboo was closed because someone fell off it at dimensions last year

dmz were kind of meh, wasnt like it was awful but the sound wasnt great and the selection was dodgy at times, almost like theyve set the bar really high and when they dont match it its really disappointing

best sets for me were mickey pearce, pinch (clearing), floating points, commodo and chimpo (mungos)

Riddles

Post by Riddles » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:47 pm

that bit at the top was so cool to chill out at, shame they closed it.

DMZ are usually meh to be honest, it's hype and tune selection, the mixing and flow of the sets is usually terrible
soronery wrote:Too easy to sit behind a keyboard with a playlist of dubstep tunes on, arguing about the defintion of a word in relation to a sound.
All that melts away when the lights are down and the bass is up.

DiegoSapiens

Post by DiegoSapiens » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Yeah that was the wickedest place
incnic wrote: daddy why u dead and lying in a puddle :(
son i make techno dadydy on drugs
hubb wrote:its what ive been saying for a while

foxes are the mulattos of the cat/dog world

scherou

Post by scherou » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:00 pm

RKM wrote:nahh its this one

loooool i remember that tune was it hatcha on the beach? wadda banga

last 2 years i went we got to the cliffs by going through a fence near the portaloos @ the harbour, but this year they'd proper tightened up and they had people watching it all the time

we got there this time by following some hippies some next long way at the back of the portaloos on the beach between the 2 stages. had to walk for like 20 mins around some long path and over that bastard bridge to get to it. we managed to slip back out into the harbour by climbing over a couple fences (cos fuck the bridge), the stewards didnt really give a shit that we were going out rather than in :lol:

edit: +1 about chimpo, what a set... people were ready to go home and he picked em right back up again

DiegoSapiens

Post by DiegoSapiens » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Was the hippy weed club still there this year in the cliffs down the fort?

nobody

Post by nobody » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:18 pm

phane wrote:Went to Dimensions and was pretty wicked, but they still need to work on lots of things
- first of all, the sound systems are amazing. all the stages had top notch systems
- almost no lasers, visuals, eye candy - there is still a lot to work on this side imho
System in The Clearing for the first night of Outlook was the worst thing I've ever heard, during dBridge too.
Did you go to The Moat at all? Lights galore, was in there for some of the Dispatch guys, Dub Phizix mostly, and there were so many crazy lights.

Dimensions highlight, Exit boat and then Exit night at Mungos (I've been trying to catch Calibre live for years)
Outlook highlight, Dispatch take over at The Moat, crazy, shame there's no bar in there.
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

Riddles

Post by Riddles » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:22 pm

the drum n bass stages always have loads of lights etc. Mainly so you get sensory overload and cant tell its 6 hours of jump up on 1 stage.
soronery wrote:Too easy to sit behind a keyboard with a playlist of dubstep tunes on, arguing about the defintion of a word in relation to a sound.
All that melts away when the lights are down and the bass is up.

nobody

Post by nobody » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:24 pm

I managed to avoid any sort of jump up, but I heard there was a surprising amount, I heard DJ Marky playing some horrid mid range poo as I was walking past the clearing one night but that's it.
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

Johoosh

Post by Johoosh » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Word they need a bar in moat, gets proper dusty/arab sandal business in there when u run out of smuggled drink

Shame about that mungos bit getting shut, was a much needed respite area spesh with the 3hr queues

Still gutted about missing it this year but you lot's cynicism is softening the blow :cornlol:
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory

scherou

Post by scherou » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:25 pm

DiegoSapiens wrote:Was the hippy weed club still there this year in the cliffs down the fort?
went to the cliffs twice this year and both times there was us + like max 10 other people. seems not many people knew about the new way to go there/couldnt be arsed with the added trek

DiegoSapiens

Post by DiegoSapiens » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:47 pm

But was there the hippy bar at the end of the beach in wich they sold weed and play dub?that place was sick