Astrology

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
User avatar
nowaysj
Posts: 23281
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 am
Location: Mountain Fortress

Re: Astrology

Post by nowaysj » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:20 am

mks wrote:I'm a Taurus and an Ox in the Chinese zodiac.

I'm either bull headed or full of bullshit.

Don't test.

(bull > lion)
Bulltiger, you don't want to fucks.
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

User avatar
magma
Posts: 18810
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Astrology

Post by magma » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:12 am

wolf89 wrote:Didn't they realise a while ago that it shifted making everyone's star signs wrong anyway?
There was a bit of kerfuffle when Pluto stopped being a planet.

Might as well look for fundamental truths in tea leaves.
Meus equus tuo altior est

"Let me eat when I'm hungry, let me drink when I'm dry.
Give me dollars when I'm hard up, religion when I die."
nowaysj wrote:I wholeheartedly believe that Michael Brown's mother and father killed him.

cloaked_up
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:09 am

Re: Astrology

Post by cloaked_up » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:56 am

What is Gemini, soiree?
lol fuk

User avatar
ultraspatial
Posts: 7818
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: Bromania

Re: Astrology

Post by ultraspatial » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:13 am

mks wrote:(bull > lion)
Image

Genevieve
Posts: 8775
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: 6_6

Re: Astrology

Post by Genevieve » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:15 am

Soiree wrote:So, what is your sign?
Are you flirting with me?
Image

namsayin

:'0

User avatar
hubb
Posts: 8823
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: ÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅ

Re: Astrology

Post by hubb » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:42 pm

How much do your feet weigh?

Are you afraid of magnets?
OGLemon wrote:cowabunga dude

https://soundcloud.com/qloo/cowabunga-music-of-moby
fragments wrote:SWEEEEEEEEE!

https://soundcloud.com/qloo/cowabunga-t ... o-sweeeeee
Johnlenham wrote:evil euroland

User avatar
Spamoni
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:43 pm
Location: FunkyTown
Contact:

Re: Astrology

Post by Spamoni » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Cancer, Rabbit on the Chinesse Zodiac

User avatar
Ricky_Spanish
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Gtr. Manchester

Re: Astrology

Post by Ricky_Spanish » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm sorry. It just winds me up when people just piss and shit all over any kind of reasoned logic in favour of ego-driven horse shite, whilst doing so also displaying about as much objectivity as a stiff penis.

@OP: I will increase your status from 'full retard' to merely 'foolish', if you can explain to me exactly what force, planets and stars exert on genetics/dna and the environment, and how this force negates (even partially) the effects of biology and environment. Explain to me exactly how the particular location of any planet or sun, can somehow transcend multiple emergent properties of complexity such as biology and psychology, to produce any particular personality. Or any personality type vs any other.

Trying to tie the incredibly simple motion of planets to the incredibly complex ideas of psychology is like trying to gauge the world stock-market with a fish, a half-eaten cheese sandwich and a bat-and-ball.

Otherwise please explain exactly how relatively basic macro objects like planets and suns can effect the human brain, with it's 100 billion neurons, and 100 trillion synapses (approx), in exactly such a way as to edit those trillions upon trillions of on/off switches to produce any recognisable psychology.

If a person is intolerant, is it because of the configuration of their genes and how their environment affected them or, are you actually saying it is because mars was at a given point in it's entirely predicable orbit.

How fine are your measurements. In 1 second, at slower than a snail's pace, the epicenter of a planet can have moved to 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, separate locations. (planck time)

You have actually taken the debate about freewill, one side of which can be described as saying that 'no we dont have freewill, we are just the macro evolution of trillions upon trillions...etc of particles or probability distributions', and instead saying 'no we dont have freewill, we are (or, our personalities are) just the outcome of the motions of a few poxy space rocks divided by 12'.

What about a baby born on a ship between galaxies in interstellar space in 1000 years time, what fucking bullshit would astrology say about that? What would astrology say about conscious entites created using cpu time on a silicon-based computational device? What if in a 10000 years we decided to move 3 venus to the 'left' by 5 miles? What would it mean to slow mercury by 1 mile per second?
Nothing, because your system is not a real system.

And why on earth did u post a video of Carl Sagan?

OGLemon
Posts: 5153
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Astrology

Post by OGLemon » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Bringer wrote:I will increase your status from 'full retard' to merely 'foolish'
Soiree is enlightened.

User avatar
mks
Posts: 4155
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:35 am
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Astrology

Post by mks » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:55 pm

nowaysj wrote:
mks wrote:I'm a Taurus and an Ox in the Chinese zodiac.

I'm either bull headed or full of bullshit.

Don't test.

(bull > lion)
Bulltiger, you don't want to fucks.
Nope.

User avatar
mks
Posts: 4155
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:35 am
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Astrology

Post by mks » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:57 pm

ultraspatial wrote:
mks wrote:(bull > lion)
Image
Jah Rastafari Haile Selassie I

:Z:

User avatar
m8son666
moist
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: MODERATOR
Contact:

Re: Astrology

Post by m8son666 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 pm

Bringer wrote:@OP: I will increase your status from 'full retard' to merely 'foolish'
:cornlol:
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.

User avatar
Soiree
Posts: 2906
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:41 am
Location: Humboldt, CA

Re: Astrology

Post by Soiree » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:59 am

Bringer, Thank You for the thoughtful response, I was hoping to engage in a conversation with someone about these more rational sorts of ideas and concepts. I'm in a jam right now, but later tonight I'll give you the response you're looking for. BTW, I posted that video of Carl Sagan because I love his work + the video is about Astrology (Did u watch it?), and because it's on my mind, consider this, I posted that video of Carl Sagan because 12 years ago, it wouldn't have been possible to do such a thing...
I recommend reading "A Demon Haunted World", I think U'd like it.

Also, What's your Sun SIgn?? :t:
thekuku wrote:Nah never taking the piss. Not on DSF at least ;-)

User avatar
nobody
Posts: 3003
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:20 am
Location: falafel

Re: Astrology

Post by nobody » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:28 am

Trainrek wrote:I do believe that we have some kind of relation to stars.

But astrology is 100% bullshit pseudoscience
lol!!!
om_unit wrote: wtf is juke?

User avatar
nowaysj
Posts: 23281
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 am
Location: Mountain Fortress

Re: Astrology

Post by nowaysj » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:34 am

Soiree wrote:Bringer, Thank You for the thoughtful response
Image
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

User avatar
_ronzlo_
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Astrology

Post by _ronzlo_ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:50 pm

12 signs is bullshit.

Originally there were 13 - the 13th was Ophiochus the Serpent-Bearer.

https://www.google.com/search?q=13+sign ... +ophiuchus

rickyarbino
Posts: 4508
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Eternity

Re: Astrology

Post by rickyarbino » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Soiree wrote:Speaking as a devotee to the methodology.
I've completely given up on trying to convince people the "point" of Astrology.
However, understanding and studying the zodiac has helped me better understand every relationship in life!
Whether you choose to accept it or not.
Everyone has a Zodiac Sign, Everyone has a distinct Natal Chart that is exclusive to the arrangement of the planets at the time of their birth.
This fact helps me understand communication and compatibilities between everyone I know, Family, Friends, Foes, even celebrities.
If you're ever curious about your own nature, studying your zodiac is like looking into the mirror of your soul, it's your star, an unfolded road map for your destiny.
It's a remarkably complex system, Truly the most beautiful way of understanding people and human nature. The wiser I've become in my independent study, the more I find I can incorporate the system of understanding into my life, and better relate to the person or people I'm interacting with.
Yeah, but why 'study' stars and not cabbages?
magma wrote:It's a good job none of this matters.

rickyarbino
Posts: 4508
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Eternity

Re: Astrology

Post by rickyarbino » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:49 pm

π
magma wrote:It's a good job none of this matters.

rickyarbino
Posts: 4508
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Eternity

Re: Astrology

Post by rickyarbino » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Soiree wrote: So, 9 Months before you were born, guess what? Your Mom and Your Dad had a loving, passionate, life altering orgasm...
Do you say that to rape babies too?
Soiree wrote: *IMO, Astrology has nothing to do with predicting anyone's future.
He literally contradicted you...
"Astrology suggests a dangerous fatalism; if our lives are controlled by a set of traffic signals in the sky, why try to change anything?"


I swear that whole video took you down.
Did you even watch it?
As he says "It pretends to satisfy our longing to feel personally connected to the universe".

Drop that fortune cookie shit and accept reality man.
magma wrote:It's a good job none of this matters.

User avatar
Soiree
Posts: 2906
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:41 am
Location: Humboldt, CA

Re: Astrology

Post by Soiree » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:29 am

Just wanted to update this lil gem with...

I HATE YOU ALL!

&

WOULD YOU RECOMMEND A CHRISTIAN TO READ THE NECRONOMICON?

&

I'M THE FUCKING MAGICIAN...
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU???


all I asked was "what's your sun sign?",
I'm sure there's a bunch of anti-astrology-pro-bro-step support groups
who would love to listen to your meaningful opinion about science and philosophy.

nasa or nascar, it the same fucking race bro
thekuku wrote:Nah never taking the piss. Not on DSF at least ;-)

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests