SubDub London - 25th April 2014

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
Johoosh

Re: SubDub London - 25th April 2014

Post by Johoosh » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Was a decent night, despite a few quibbles

Geode was a sick opener, such an underrated producer & great to hear his beats on a rig, his subs are too much... Drew for some big other tunes as well (Galactic Step!)

Author (just Ruckspin again, whats up with that?) v Gantz was probably set of the night, mad selection from both. Every Kahn tune set the room off hard (Fierce into Kung Fu Kick rmx was cheeky) and Way Mi Defend VIP probably was tune of the night reaction-wise. Ruckspin was on point & came with some fire mixing, Jah War rmx into RSD - Kingfisher out of nowhere + some nice oldies too.

By the time Bug was on i was dead out + my ears were FUCKED from the rigs. Vibes seemed to be a bit lacking in room 1 by 4 after Iration had got the place well hyped then carried on for a bit too long b4 Bug. His siren intro knackered by gf's ears completely so we left about halfway thru, bit gutted to miss Mala but dunno if me/ears would've made it to 5 anyway :lol:

Bug was on his usual high-pass filter tip for Poison Dart.

4.90 for a can of red stripe can you actually fuck off.

Nice to see you about Marcus as always :4:

Anyone who caught Mala/end of Bug was it anything special?
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory

Johoosh

Post by Johoosh » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:02 pm

Also RE: Muncey's quote yeah sounds about right. Set-times weren't ideal
Soundcloud
RKM wrote:i am feeling levels of remorse like one of the yutes in charlie and the chocolate factory

DiegoSapiens

Post by DiegoSapiens » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:18 pm

johoosh always does the best night post analysis :lol:
incnic wrote: daddy why u dead and lying in a puddle :(
son i make techno dadydy on drugs
hubb wrote:its what ive been saying for a while

foxes are the mulattos of the cat/dog world

wilson

Post by wilson » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:32 pm

Mala's set was heavy Johoosh, system was running so nicely. Dropped Propane and that Kaiju tune that i presume is coming on Medi. Nice contrast to what preceded it with the Bug's set. That was hard going but I started to appreciate the brutal nature of it after a while :lol:

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Johoosh wrote:
Nice to see you about Marcus as always :4:

Anyone who caught Mala/end of Bug was it anything special?
Good to see you too mate, Was really empty towards then and energy levels were low as you said.

The sirens intro was wayyy too much and had to move away from it. I really didn't rate The Bug too much, standard set high pass filter all the tunes then drop them, sirens in between tunes and pretty much only playing his own material but he did play a few few of his tunes and sounded meaty on the rig really wish he would stop using the high pass filter so much! Flowdan was on form and smashed it thankfully, felt proper energy from him.

Mala wise nothing major stuck out but was a big set overall, the usual suspects like: Eyez VIP, Miracles(Commodo remix), Mere Sher, Belly Of The Beast and On Board got played.
Last edited by Marcus on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Etches828 wrote:assuming that 130 is a tempo not a sound, which is the point, think it's pretty good when stuff is just described by tempo opposed to some made up name

nousd

Post by nousd » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:41 pm

out to the stonedstudentnuskool hippie ninjas that went
{*}

Johoosh

Post by Johoosh » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:42 pm

sd5 wrote:out to the stonedstudentnuskool hippie ninjas that went
Yeah crowd overall was a bit wack tbh. Lot of gurned out lads getting a bit aggy in room 2 when i was trying to draw for my bass-arms.

Didn't think room 1 was as bad as The Bug & ppl are making out on FB. Tbh i think it was more down to having just OBF vs Iration until 4, as good as they were there wasn't much contrast music wise + the rigs were a bit ear-fatiguing to stay in there for any length of time. Would've been better having Mala & Bug on 2-4 then Iration/Obf 4-6.

Also how can you charge a fiver for a drink and not have nearly enough earplugs to go round at the bars? Fair enough should've brought my own but a lot of ppl don't come prepared and then get murked by the savage hi's and end up not enjoying it. At least at System/most decent nights you can get some guaranteed for a quid. Should be compulsory imo at nights with loud rigs.

+ room 2 was decent rig wise but too rammed at the door which I think put a fair few ppl off going in there. There was some decent room in the corners/by the walls tho. I strangely enjoyed the 'slightly-naff-kids birthday party' decor & vibe in there haha

Also anyone see Parris nodding off on the back wall at the start of Author v Gantz when it was dubby/hip hop vibes? :lol: Woke up for a few seconds everytime it was a slightly bigger tune then dozed off again, hero.
Soundcloud

Johnlenham

Post by Johnlenham » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Yeah Corronet is fucking insane for drinks on par with Lightbox but atleast that aint £20 to get in as well. I swear I got me and Ch3 a drink and it was £13 for a cider/ gin mixer at the soundclash thing

Haha Bug breaking everyones ears does not surprise me one bit, he really does not play a set but more of a Sonic show or something :lol:

DiegoSapiens

Post by DiegoSapiens » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Johnlenham wrote: Haha Bug breaking everyones ears does not surprise me one bit, he really does not play a set but more of a Sonic show or something :lol:
i wonder if he doesn't get bored of always playing the same tune since 6 years ago
incnic wrote: daddy why u dead and lying in a puddle :(
son i make techno dadydy on drugs
hubb wrote:its what ive been saying for a while

foxes are the mulattos of the cat/dog world

Johnlenham

Post by Johnlenham » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:02 pm

DiegoSapiens wrote:
Johnlenham wrote: Haha Bug breaking everyones ears does not surprise me one bit, he really does not play a set but more of a Sonic show or something :lol:
i wonder if he doesn't get bored of always playing the same tune since 6 years ago
Yeah def a strange one, Ive only seen him once and yeah Jah war/Posion dart etc get played but hes not really made a whole lot outside of is acid ragga stuff (which I dont think he played from memory)

RKM

Post by RKM » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm

yeah my ears were ringing bad
tbh i can't comment on what the bugs saying as almost from getting in i can barely remember it but i guess i might be the problem then, i always like hearing his tunes but i think i just went back to om unit
sad to miss gantz v author, that's the one i wanted to see most, don't remember being that grabbed by mala either
crazy as fuck venue

4.90 was a paaaaar, was staring at the 10p change in my hand baffled
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

RKM

Post by RKM » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:15 pm

and what's that belly of the beast tune? don't think i know it

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:20 pm

RKM wrote:and what's that belly of the beast tune? don't think i know it
Etches828 wrote:assuming that 130 is a tempo not a sound, which is the point, think it's pretty good when stuff is just described by tempo opposed to some made up name

RKM

Post by RKM » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:21 pm

irie

Johnlenham

Post by Johnlenham » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:50 pm

RKM wrote: crazy as fuck venue

4.90 was a paaaaar, was staring at the 10p change in my hand baffled
:lol:
Yeah the Outlook party had like 9 rooms or something insane like that.

ruckspin

Post by ruckspin » Wed May 28, 2014 9:20 am

Muncey wrote:What was Author vs Gantz like? Both solid producers who seem to be pretty clued up with an wide range of tastes, would be surprised if they went straight dubstep for the whole clash.
I brought a bunch of different stuff but it's hard to clash someone in other areas if they only brought dubstep. Was fun tho still - playing vinyl on a proper rig with no feedback is always a nice feeling. Played a bit of dub and dancehall to start. Some of those tracks I haven't played for years and years. Huge reactions inside - I think I ended up being forced to rewind like 10 different tracks, and I don't rewind unless it is absolutely necessary. At one point Gantz even reached in for a rewind of bury da bwoy mid-mix. Room1 was pretty dead but that's cos all the vibes were in room2 ;)

But yeah drinks prices :corntard: