UK Glitch Hop

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
User avatar
_ronzlo_
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:29 pm

UK Glitch Hop

Post by _ronzlo_ » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:33 pm

Liking.

http://ukglitchhop.blogspot.com/

https://soundcloud.com/ukglitchhop

Like in this mix at 53:09 -

Soundcloud

Other mixes are good too.

cloaked_up
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:09 am

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by cloaked_up » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:58 am

'glitch hop'
died in 2008
sorry
lol fuk

User avatar
SCope13
Posts: 4382
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:57 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by SCope13 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:11 am

cloaked_up wrote:'glitch hop'
died in 2008
sorry
ultraspatial wrote:doing any sort of drug other than smoking crack is 5 panel.
incnic wrote:true headz tread a fine line between bitterness and euphoria - much like the best rave tunes

User avatar
_ronzlo_
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by _ronzlo_ » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Followed 2 years later by Dubstep.

Glitch Hop is dead. Long live Glitch Hop. :middlefinger:
nowaysj wrote: ...But the chick's panties that you drop with a keytar, marry that B.


jaydot
Posts: 5860
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Your place or hers?

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by jaydot » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Dead-outs.
Soundcloud

Soundcloud

tweet @jaydotdubstep

User avatar
DJoe
Posts: 2116
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:20 pm
Location: London N4 / Manchester M20

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by DJoe » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:27 pm

ive got no idea what glitch-hop is meant to be but from the large nuymber of brostep producers that make it im guessing its shit (unless thats bro-hop)
https://www.mixcloud.com/joseph-jackson/spring-mix-2015/
Think you're big boy cos you got a beard
Bullets will make your face look weird

User avatar
Harkat
Posts: 6375
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:05 am
Location: GLASGOW

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by Harkat » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:41 pm

IIRC there was something called Glitch Hop that was one thing, not particularly "EDM"-related. Dunno if it was actually good or not. Then KOAN Sound and Culprate started making brosteppy shit at 100BPM with funk melodies and that became what Glitch Hop meant.

I couldnt name any of the old "real" glitch hop shit.
RKM wrote: when bae hands u the aux mixtape and your squad blunted 9/11 aye lmao

User avatar
_ronzlo_
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by _ronzlo_ » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:11 pm

Harkat wrote:IIRC there was something called Glitch Hop that was one thing, not particularly "EDM"-related. Dunno if it was actually good or not. Then KOAN Sound and Culprate started making brosteppy shit at 100BPM with funk melodies and that became what Glitch Hop meant.

I couldnt name any of the old "real" glitch hop shit.
Telefon Tel Aviv (first album is soooo good), although the IDM hedz probably lay claim to them too. Also: Prefuse 73, Kid 606.
nowaysj wrote: ...But the chick's panties that you drop with a keytar, marry that B.


User avatar
m8son666
moist
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: MODERATOR
Contact:

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by m8son666 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 pm

edit is the only glitch hop i have ever listened to and they're sick imo
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.

User avatar
m8son666
moist
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: MODERATOR
Contact:

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by m8son666 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:17 pm

and this one lol got such good memories associated with this song
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.

User avatar
topmo3
Posts: 4657
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:14 am
Location: Finland

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by topmo3 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm

what about mike slott et al.. side chain everything? is that just wonky
Image

User avatar
_ronzlo_
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by _ronzlo_ » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:02 pm

This new crop of Glitch Hop producers seem to overlap/hybridize/whateverthefuckyacallit with the Wonky ting for sure. In fact, seems to be (arguably) the new face of Wonky.
Harkat wrote:IIRC there was something called Glitch Hop that was one thing, not particularly "EDM"-related. Dunno if it was actually good or not. Then KOAN Sound and Culprate started making brosteppy shit at 100BPM with funk melodies and that became what Glitch Hop meant.
TBH the new KOAN Sound EP? Not at all bad imo.

I think there's a lot of kneejerk reactive pushback against "filthy" sounds from certain quarters, but that's all it is: kneejerk reactionary bidness.
nowaysj wrote: ...But the chick's panties that you drop with a keytar, marry that B.


User avatar
ultraspatial
Posts: 7818
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: Bromania

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by ultraspatial » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:24 pm

m8son wrote:edit is the only glitch hop i have ever listened to and they're sick imo
iirc edit is/was in the glitch mob which were more bro - guessing they kickstarted the trend?

User avatar
kidshuffle
Posts: 13473
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:44 am
Location: canada
Contact:

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by kidshuffle » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:29 pm

Brostep was actually born from the glitch mobs remix of west coast rocks
Beats/Facebook/Twitter
Laszlo wrote:
nowaysj wrote:Look at when Jedi's die, and then they become kind of shimmery and holographic.
.... 2Pac was a Jedi?? :corntard:

cloaked_up
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:09 am

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by cloaked_up » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:32 pm

_ronzlo_ wrote:This new crop of Glitch Hop producers seem to overlap/hybridize/whateverthefuckyacallit with the Wonky ting for sure. In fact, seems to be (arguably) the new face of Wonky.
Harkat wrote:IIRC there was something called Glitch Hop that was one thing, not particularly "EDM"-related. Dunno if it was actually good or not. Then KOAN Sound and Culprate started making brosteppy shit at 100BPM with funk melodies and that became what Glitch Hop meant.
TBH the new KOAN Sound EP? Not at all bad imo.

I think there's a lot of kneejerk reactive pushback against "filthy" sounds from certain quarters, but that's all it is: kneejerk reactionary bidness.

erm no m8
its such a white dreads sound it really has no appeal to anyone outside of colorado brostep cirlces
edIT was sickkkk m8...then he turned into 'glucth mob' and turned hard out brostep with a horrible american twist

i saw those cunce at rythm factory in 2009 and it was the worst thing i ever saw
4 wankers on macbooks with those deep v neck tshorts and those boots that you tuck panst into that look like pirates boots b2b potatos
so wack
worst
/ban
lol fuk

cloaked_up
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 4:09 am

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by cloaked_up » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 pm

also /wonky lol
lol iyts not the hiphop sub forum in 2009

ur like 5 years late
have u heard of flying loltus btw/?
lol fuk

User avatar
kaili
Posts: 1357
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 am
Location: Ibiza

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by kaili » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:13 am

yh glitch hop used to just be anuva name for wonky
Collab with GeNRL: http://www.soundcloud.com/genrli
140 related stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/kailimusic/
Soundcloud
Seriousub wrote:I do enjoy swinging my spine to the sound of a strong snare running around 140

jaydot
Posts: 5860
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Your place or hers?

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by jaydot » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:27 am

I had a VST once that made all my tracks really glitchy, it had are different settings, I thought I'd coined a new genre :conrcry:
Soundcloud

Soundcloud

tweet @jaydotdubstep

User avatar
kaili
Posts: 1357
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 am
Location: Ibiza

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by kaili » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:38 am

jaydot wrote:I had a VST once that made all my tracks really glitchy, it had are different settings, I thought I'd coined a new genre :conrcry:
probably dblue glitch
Collab with GeNRL: http://www.soundcloud.com/genrli
140 related stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/kailimusic/
Soundcloud
Seriousub wrote:I do enjoy swinging my spine to the sound of a strong snare running around 140

User avatar
dickman69
Posts: 14517
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:58 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: UK Glitch Hop

Post by dickman69 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:40 am

wasnt glitch hop just everything on brainfeeder

& now its somehow koan sound
every Tuesday 11pm EST on http://cosmicsound.club

buy my tunes pls
Soundcloud

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests