If we can't change our economic system, our number's up

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
hubb

Re: If we can't change our economic system, our number's up

Post by hubb » Thu May 29, 2014 5:35 pm

I met an electric car yesterday. It was nice.

(tesla something)
OGLemon wrote:cowabunga dude

https://soundcloud.com/qloo/cowabunga-music-of-moby
fragments wrote:SWEEEEEEEEE!

https://soundcloud.com/qloo/cowabunga-t ... o-sweeeeee
Johnlenham wrote:evil euroland

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Thu May 29, 2014 6:36 pm

No shortage of douchey tesla drivers around here.

====

http://voiceofdetroit.net/2014/05/28/ma ... rotesters/
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

hubb

Post by hubb » Thu May 29, 2014 7:07 pm

fucked up

Jhonny2x4

Post by Jhonny2x4 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:14 pm

I keep telling my girl that she needs to stop turning the water pressure on full blast when she washes dishes and that she can achieve the same goal in roughly the same amount of time if she turns it down to where you cant see mini oxygen bubbles in the stream (from the pressure). I tell my friends and family not to leave the lights on when they leave their house. I told my work they dont need to print so many damn full paper receipts and documents when we can use a single small receipt for one purchase. Needless to say no one gives a shit. Its even more fucked up that even if the majority of people would execute practices that reduce resource consumption it wouldn't make a dent in fixing the problem.

Its sad to say that if you aren't rich, you lack the ability to make any change, because synergy in useful numbers among humans on gigantic topics such as this doesnt exist.

*that last sentence needs restructuring..
Save Metal Gear Online 1 and 2
https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 6037#p6037

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

TimeSplitters Rewind
http://timesplittersrewind.com/

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Thu May 29, 2014 9:25 pm

You sound like a nightmare lol. Did you tell your parents the worst thing they've ever done to the planet, environmentally, is create you? Having a child is by far the worst thing for the planet than leaving a light on. People don't care cause its not a realistic or useful solution.

Hoping individuals will cut back in an ever growing population will never work. Governments in countries (outside Europe at least) in recession since 2007 have missed the opportunity to put in place a massive fiscal stimulus aimed at green investment, infrastructure, jobs as well as a massive push for green research and development. Due to retarded austerity measures they've been forced to use QE instead of fiscal spending putting trillions of £/$ sitting as unused bank reserves as opposed to doing some good.

If you wanna blame someone for being wasteful....

Jhonny2x4

Post by Jhonny2x4 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:19 pm

Muncey wrote:You sound like a nightmare lol. Did you tell your parents the worst thing they've ever done to the planet, environmentally, is create you? Having a child is by far the worst thing for the planet than leaving a light on. People don't care cause its not a realistic or useful solution.

Hoping individuals will cut back in an ever growing population will never work. Governments in countries (outside Europe at least) in recession since 2007 have missed the opportunity to put in place a massive fiscal stimulus aimed at green investment, infrastructure, jobs as well as a massive push for green research and development. Due to retarded austerity measures they've been forced to use QE instead of fiscal spending putting trillions of £/$ sitting as unused bank reserves as opposed to doing some good.

If you wanna blame someone for being wasteful....
Haha, no shit. Im not going to be killing myself anytime soon and im not rich so the least I can do is practice cutting down resource usage and advise others to do the same. I agree in terms of various governments lack for pursuing a green infrastructure on a global scale, but once again, we arent rich so theres nothing we can do.

Eventually it wont be long till everyone goes Caligula status globally.
Last edited by Jhonny2x4 on Thu May 29, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save Metal Gear Online 1 and 2
https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 6037#p6037

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

TimeSplitters Rewind
http://timesplittersrewind.com/

Muncey

Post by Muncey » Thu May 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Being rich doesn't have anything to do with it, if anything I bet the rich do more harm. Its about acting on a national/global scale and collaborating on similar ideas and interests. It wouldn't be overly costly, in real terms, to provide green alternatives or push for R&D.. its just hard to get enough people to get these issues to people that need to hear them.

Its a shame the whole 'anti-mainstream political parties' didn't result in a big push towards green parties instead of borderline racist ones. At least the main parties would see it as in the national interest. Instead we'll put saving the planet on the back burner and concentrate on not letting Romanians in. At least the National Front are against austerity, every cloud :lol:

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Fri May 30, 2014 2:18 am

There's a library of things in Germany. Makes sense.
Getzatrhythm

cosmic_surgeon

Post by cosmic_surgeon » Fri May 30, 2014 3:34 am

It was neither capitalism nor communism that made possible the progress and pathologies (total war, the unprecedented concentration of global wealth, planetary destruction) of the modern age. It was coal, followed by oil and gas.
This is an amazingly stupid remark - as though coal, oil, and gas leapt from the Earth all by themselves and began their nefarious work. It is not simply the resource but how we treat it, what we do with it, that makes all the difference. While no one would want to deny the necessity of these resources in the establishment of industrialisation on a mass-scale, to insist that our "ideologies" (if we choose to put it that way) are merely "subplots" is to artificially isolate an aspect of the picture which in reality is inseparable from the "ideological" aspect and to occlude a significant part of the problem as a result.

Does this fella want to deny the possibility of an appropriate economic attitude such that merely being exposed to the relevant resources induces conditions like these? It doesn't seem to me like he does, so I find this really odd.
https://www.mixcloud.com/Sublogos/winter-20145-session/
The Everlasting Guest
Inorganic Tumblr|Inorganic Facebook

Psst... listen to the Inorganic Audio show on Future Music FM!
Every fortnight on Wednesdays from 2200-0000.

Genevieve

Post by Genevieve » Sat May 31, 2014 10:23 pm

cosmic surgeon wrote:
It was neither capitalism nor communism that made possible the progress and pathologies (total war, the unprecedented concentration of global wealth, planetary destruction) of the modern age. It was coal, followed by oil and gas.
This is an amazingly stupid remark - as though coal, oil, and gas leapt from the Earth all by themselves and began their nefarious work. It is not simply the resource but how we treat it, what we do with it, that makes all the difference. While no one would want to deny the necessity of these resources in the establishment of industrialisation on a mass-scale, to insist that our "ideologies" (if we choose to put it that way) are merely "subplots" is to artificially isolate an aspect of the picture which in reality is inseparable from the "ideological" aspect and to occlude a significant part of the problem as a result.

Does this fella want to deny the possibility of an appropriate economic attitude such that merely being exposed to the relevant resources induces conditions like these? It doesn't seem to me like he does, so I find this really odd.
I completely agree. I was going to post a similar response, though I believe you'll probably disagree with my conclusion. Technological advancements that were enabled by capitalism in turn enabled us to extract coal from the ground in the quantities that we required. If there was no market for an industrialized society, we wouldn't have industrialized. Digging up coal and using it to fuel our machines is the direct result of free market entrepreneurship.

namsayin

:'0

Head of the DSF Hebrew Awareness Society

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:08 am

lol even I have to disagree with you Magma. Capitalism got lucky, there's no reason China or another non-capitalist society couldn't manage to do the same thing. It just so happened that the scientific method was developed by a white European, who relied on 're-discovered' Greek mathematics learnt from Arabs.

Remember that Chinese and Arabic tech was way ahead of Europe before they invented guns. Europe's claim to fame rests on it's use of guns to fuck everyone else over, not it's economic system... If Arabs had invented that gun technology first, which they could have since they had access to the same philosophical theory, the world would be way different!
Getzatrhythm

cloaked_up

Post by cloaked_up » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:50 am

beoing part of the EU is driving GRET BRITOAN broke

get out now and stip the rot
lol fuk

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:21 am

wtf are you on about you've been trolling that stuff for a while
Getzatrhythm

cloaked_up

Post by cloaked_up » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:34 am

hmm nah iv only just started on the 'get the UK out of the EU'
some other dudes on here with severe austism have been at it for a while though :lol:
lol fuk

titchbit

Post by titchbit » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:10 pm

immigrants.

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:19 pm

cloaked_up wrote:hmm nah iv only just started on the 'get the UK out of the EU'
some other dudes on here with severe austism have been at it for a while though :lol:
I think we should try reform it first, then bail if that doesn't work
Getzatrhythm

cloaked_up

Post by cloaked_up » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:10 am

i think its the beginning of the end if UK bails from EU
im not a fan of belgium tho TBQH (genocide in the congo anyone????)
lol fuk

cosmic_surgeon

Post by cosmic_surgeon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:06 am

It is worth considering that the European Human Rights Act is currently perhaps the only legal basis we have available for challenging mass surveillance and other, erm... excesses of government - aside from anything else we might decide about the EU.
https://www.mixcloud.com/Sublogos/winter-20145-session/
The Everlasting Guest
Inorganic Tumblr|Inorganic Facebook

Psst... listen to the Inorganic Audio show on Future Music FM!
Every fortnight on Wednesdays from 2200-0000.

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:10 am

Imo, appealing to a distant superior power to secure your fundamental rights is the best recipe for losing all of your rights altogether.
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

hubb

Post by hubb » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:36 am

Yeah but Not when Santa actually wants to help