First Snowden Interview on US Television

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
nowaysj

Re: First Snowden Interview on US Television

Post by nowaysj » Sat May 31, 2014 6:33 pm

cosmic surgeon wrote:Intriguing. Do you have sources? I'd be very interested to follow this up.
Sources for what, his comments, or info re 911? You can find his full interview online, including the edited bits. Re 911, by this point, you must have made up your mind, one way or another.
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

nitz

Post by nitz » Sat May 31, 2014 7:18 pm

what's this stuff about snowden just being another trick and comparing him to Oswald. Surely, USA can not go the this extend to create a fake story
A brand new song!

Soundcloud

Jizz

Post by Jizz » Sat May 31, 2014 7:29 pm

is snowden a tru hed -q-

rickyarbino

Post by rickyarbino » Sat May 31, 2014 7:41 pm

nitz wrote:Surely, USA can not go the this extend to create a fake story
What makes you say that? They have all the resources available.
magma wrote:It's a good job none of this matters.

nitz

Post by nitz » Sat May 31, 2014 7:52 pm

jesslem wrote:
nitz wrote:Surely, USA can not go the this extend to create a fake story
What makes you say that? They have all the resources available.
It looks far beyond their threshold - sure USA are the best at creating propaganda but really at the risk of their own determent? Normally they create the propaganda to cause determent to another, not themselves.

The results of the leaks have to profound, they have impacted almost everything. Why go to this extend; what is their aim and what is the purpose for doing so?

No alien theories please.
A brand new song!

Soundcloud

rickyarbino

Post by rickyarbino » Sat May 31, 2014 10:12 pm

I'd say at least 40% of americans are convinced that he's a terrorist of some sort. Couple that with him just being in Russia, when they wiped out Bin Laden in the middle of nowhere, seems a little cotchy. He's a pawn, he's allowed to live for the sake of fear.

rickyarbino

Post by rickyarbino » Sat May 31, 2014 10:13 pm

And furthermore, Aliens.

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:02 am

cosmic surgeon wrote:I think the whole "he's a Russian spy" thing is just smoke and mirrors. What I've never seen anyone in the media consider is that even if Snowden had entered into a deal to give documents to the Ruskies, he will have done so only under pressure from the US government themselves. Their ironically Tsarist attitude to whistleblowers meant Snowden had to flee or face a lifetime of solitary confinement with no hope of a fair trial. Revoking his passport limits his options and if the only way a nation would grant him asylum is if he surrendered intelligence, what else is he supposed to do?
http://jaysanalysis.com/2014/06/02/the- ... -analyzed/

Take a gander.
Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

cosmic_surgeon

Post by cosmic_surgeon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:29 am

^ Sound bud, will check it out when I get home tonight!
https://www.mixcloud.com/Sublogos/winter-20145-session/
The Everlasting Guest
Inorganic Tumblr|Inorganic Facebook

Psst... listen to the Inorganic Audio show on Future Music FM!
Every fortnight on Wednesdays from 2200-0000.

test_recordings

Post by test_recordings » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:57 am

nowaysj wrote:
cosmic surgeon wrote:I think the whole "he's a Russian spy" thing is just smoke and mirrors. What I've never seen anyone in the media consider is that even if Snowden had entered into a deal to give documents to the Ruskies, he will have done so only under pressure from the US government themselves. Their ironically Tsarist attitude to whistleblowers meant Snowden had to flee or face a lifetime of solitary confinement with no hope of a fair trial. Revoking his passport limits his options and if the only way a nation would grant him asylum is if he surrendered intelligence, what else is he supposed to do?

Take a gander.
Good point...
Getzatrhythm

lloydnoise

Post by lloydnoise » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:24 pm

nitz wrote: Normally they create the propaganda to cause determent to another, not themselves.
...Why go to this extend; what is their aim and what is the purpose for doing so?
this and occ4m and srsly guyz
parson wrote:the way you cure disease with lsd is by manipulating the matrix with your mind

[\*/]

kidshuffle

Post by kidshuffle » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Read the article nwj just posted
Beats/Facebook/Twitter
Laszlo wrote:
nowaysj wrote:Look at when Jedi's die, and then they become kind of shimmery and holographic.
.... 2Pac was a Jedi?? :corntard:

cosmic_surgeon

Post by cosmic_surgeon » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:19 pm

nowaysj wrote:

Take a gander.
Had a read, here's my views:
Now, having revealed he was a trained CIA operative, and not just an analyst, Snowden has called into question his entire whistleblower back story (that we questioned all along). In other words, Snowden has in effect said, “I wasn’t really an analyst, I was a professional liar.”
Actually this isn't quite the case. Snowden never admitted that he did a different job to the one he originally claimed, only that what you ought to call that job is not an "analyst" but rather a "spy". Pay attention to his remarks about modern intelligence gathering, that these days you're less likely to meet field operatives and more likely to find what are termed "analysts" doing the work which field operatives did classically. Why would he publically admit to being somebody else and blow his own cover?
Meanwhile, no NSA major programs have been halted or ceased.
Even if this were true one could hardly blame the whistleblower for it. However this isn't even strictly true. Allegedly, following internal review the NSA were forced to stop spying on world leaders. Whether or not they did in fact do so, the disclosures undoubtedly inspired backlash from said world leaders (though their own complicity in all of this is also questionable, I'll grant that).

Further, what this guy seems to omit is that following Snowden's disclosures there have been internal reviews from people who would want to keep these systems in place which concluded that, all things considered, they provide no more security than did methods which were used previously. Reviews which would not have taken place had these systems continued to operate in the dark.
but that the scant few “revelations” from Snowden were already found in James Bamford’s book, The Shadow Factory, published in 2008.
This is also not strictly correct. Snowden revealed an international collaboration. The fact that ARPANET had been assimilated by the NSA from an early stage does not imply that the global internet was also assimilated (though it does imply that those aspects of it hard-wired on US soil were). ARPANET linked institutions within US jurisdiction - this isn't the same as a global network of undersea cables and a conspiracy involving several nations. With that said it seems wholly disingenuous to claim that:
the system knew it could get away with a large media operation that exposed something already exposed.
The difference between Bamford and Snowden is that Bamford wrote a book most people didn't read and didn't care about. Snowden approached reputable journalists with connections to reputable newspapers. The reason Bamford isn't in Russia right now is because his book posed no threat whatsoever and included no information regarding contemporary intelligence gathering.
https://www.mixcloud.com/Sublogos/winter-20145-session/
The Everlasting Guest
Inorganic Tumblr|Inorganic Facebook

Psst... listen to the Inorganic Audio show on Future Music FM!
Every fortnight on Wednesdays from 2200-0000.