Atheism

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
Locked
rickyarbino
Posts: 4508
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Eternity

Atheism

Post by rickyarbino » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 pm

Here's a thread for discussing how annoying atheists are.

Proceed accordingly.
magma wrote:It's a good job none of this matters.

User avatar
lovelydivot
Posts: 2265
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: Atheism

Post by lovelydivot » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Which part…

The part where they aren't worried about
a bunch of stupid shit...

User avatar
_ronzlo_
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Atheism

Post by _ronzlo_ » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Yeah, and how atheists are always starting the sectarian conflicts of the world like in Iraq, Israel, etc.

Stupid Darwin demanding our ignorant complacency.
nowaysj wrote: ...But the chick's panties that you drop with a keytar, marry that B.


User avatar
Kochari
Posts: 2504
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:23 am
Location: quietly continuing

Re: Atheism

Post by Kochari » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:15 pm

The problem with athiests is that they're always telling you what you believe
My name is Dom and I like making ambientish music and drinking tea. Nice to meet you.

Soundcloud

Kid Lazarus - Kochari - Free music

jrkhnds
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am
Location: Zurich / Basel

Re: Atheism

Post by jrkhnds » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 pm

^ I suppose you imply that religious people don't? or less often?
I find that hard to, err, believe. Has there been some sort of scientific research backing your claim?
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

test_recordings
Posts: 5079
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: LEEDS

Re: Atheism

Post by test_recordings » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:40 pm

So what are you then Jesslem? You're pretty annoying so you must be an atheist, right?
Getzatrhythm

User avatar
_ronzlo_
Posts: 1006
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Atheism

Post by _ronzlo_ » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:48 pm

Jurkhands wrote:^ I suppose you imply that religious people don't? or less often?
I find that hard to, err, believe. Has there been some sort of scientific research backing your claim?
Don't forget the Atheist-driven crusades of the middle ages where the militant godless slaughtered everybody simply for believing.

:roll:

:lol:
nowaysj wrote: ...But the chick's panties that you drop with a keytar, marry that B.


jrkhnds
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am
Location: Zurich / Basel

Re: Atheism

Post by jrkhnds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:19 am

_ronzlo_ wrote: Don't forget the Atheist-driven crusades of the middle ages where the militant godless slaughtered everybody simply for believing.

:roll:

:lol:
to be fair, this is exactly the cliché atheist behaviour which makes me cringe. "Religion is so stupid", "atheists never went on to kill thousands of people", blah, blah. That condescending attitude is just as annoying as religious diatribes and spawns nothing but anger. The exact opposite of what most self-declared atheists want to achieve. In the end, it's a verbal crusade / jihad.
Live and let live. I don't believe a god-like entity, however you want to call it, exists. Other people do. As long as their beliefs have little to no impact on my life and liberties, I couldn't care less. But as soon as somebody wants to tell me what to believe or why the shit I believe is wrong, I get a bit aggy. No point.

Everybody just learn to coexist. That'd be nice.
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

User avatar
Jizz
Posts: 3470
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:43 pm
Location: London

Re: Atheism

Post by Jizz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:56 am

agreed. plz no more dawkins

rickyarbino
Posts: 4508
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Eternity

Re: Atheism

Post by rickyarbino » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:47 am

test recordings wrote:So what are you then Jesslem? You're pretty annoying so you must be an atheist, right?
That's a rather poor deduction, Test. For whatever it's worth, I think of myself as a post-theist in that I'm fundamentally disinterested in matters of theology. Don't think God exists, but finding out that he did wouldn't change me at all tbh.
magma wrote:It's a good job none of this matters.

rickyarbino
Posts: 4508
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Eternity

Re: Atheism

Post by rickyarbino » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 am

Jurkhands wrote: to be fair, this is exactly the cliché atheist behaviour which makes me cringe. "Religion is so stupid", "atheists never went on to kill thousands of people", blah, blah. That condescending attitude is just as annoying as religious diatribes and spawns nothing but anger.
It's also false. Anyone with an ounce of intellect realizes that wars are fought over economics and not religion.
magma wrote:It's a good job none of this matters.

jrkhnds
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am
Location: Zurich / Basel

Re: Atheism

Post by jrkhnds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:12 am

jesslem wrote:
Jurkhands wrote: to be fair, this is exactly the cliché atheist behaviour which makes me cringe. "Religion is so stupid", "atheists never went on to kill thousands of people", blah, blah. That condescending attitude is just as annoying as religious diatribes and spawns nothing but anger.
It's also false. Anyone with an ounce of intellect realizes that wars are fought over economics and not religion.
I get the feeling you're intentionally missing the point (well, highlighting the least important point) for the sake of being argumentative.
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

rickyarbino
Posts: 4508
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Eternity

Re: Atheism

Post by rickyarbino » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:17 am

I'm not missing anything, if you read carefully you'll see that I'm adding to your point.
magma wrote:It's a good job none of this matters.

jrkhnds
Posts: 4180
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 am
Location: Zurich / Basel

Re: Atheism

Post by jrkhnds » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:27 am

I do see that, I completely understand what you're saying and you're right with everything you say. It's how you say it. Going on in a patronising manner ("Anyone with an ounce of intellect [...]") is the opposite to what I was asking people to do.

Whatever. I'm tired and need to sleep.
AxeD wrote:I dunno, there's some thoroughly unemployed people on this forum.
Soundcloud

rickyarbino
Posts: 4508
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Eternity

Re: Atheism

Post by rickyarbino » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:30 am

Fair play, I guess I could've toned that down.
magma wrote:It's a good job none of this matters.

BonerJams04
Posts: 6889
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:26 am

Re: Atheism

Post by BonerJams04 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:27 am

#TeamJesus
butter_man wrote: who do you think taught you smoke tree's, OD'S, Ice cubes and DOC's?
God, thats who.

Image

User avatar
soronery
Posts: 1642
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:56 am
Location: Pyongyang

Re: Atheism

Post by soronery » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:43 am

any religious belief is like your genitals.

you can sit at home and do whatever you like with it as long as it's not bothering people. the issues arise when you go out and start trying to force it down everyone's throat.
Image

DiegoSapiens wrote:
zoronery frees the realness

DiegoSapiens wrote:
cheers coronary

_ronzlo_ wrote:
BIG UP YOSELF HAN SORO

User avatar
RADD
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:32 pm
Location: Leiden

Re: Atheism

Post by RADD » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:53 am

That's a rather poor deduction, Test. For whatever it's worth, I think of myself as a post-theist in that I'm fundamentally disinterested in matters of theology. Don't think God exists, but finding out that he did wouldn't change me at all tbh.
Sounds like your average atheist

User avatar
ultraspatial
Posts: 7818
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: Bromania

Re: Atheism

Post by ultraspatial » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:09 am

RADD wrote:
That's a rather poor deduction, Test. For whatever it's worth, I think of myself as a post-theist in that I'm fundamentally disinterested in matters of theology. Don't think God exists, but finding out that he did wouldn't change me at all tbh.
Sounds like your average atheist
meh that's apatheism

rickyarbino
Posts: 4508
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Eternity

Re: Atheism

Post by rickyarbino » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:09 am

____
magma wrote:It's a good job none of this matters.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests