If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially inept..

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
User avatar
Harkat
Posts: 6375
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:05 am
Location: GLASGOW

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by Harkat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Whos to say what's bringing up a child properly though?
RKM wrote: when bae hands u the aux mixtape and your squad blunted 9/11 aye lmao

User avatar
m8son666
moist
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: MODERATOR
Contact:

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by m8son666 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:36 pm

me
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by CreamLord » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:50 pm

Make them a DSF account
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by CreamLord » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Look out for someone called greenpancake in about 20-40 years
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

User avatar
RKM
Posts: 4742
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:57 am

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by RKM » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:52 pm

don't bite my swag
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sheff
Posts: 3129
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 am
Location: Sheffield

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by Sheff » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:54 pm

m8son wrote:
Genevieve wrote: But its not just fedora types, but any socially oblivious subculture. Often their parents don't like it or look down on it,
yeah although i think if a kids brought up properly then they wouldn't be apart of a socially oblivious subculture, unless they have autism or the like and in which case i doubt much a parent could say would make a difference.
I dunno man i dont think its that simple, like i know a couple people who got raised in a stereotypical "perfect family", mum and dad both happily married and financially well off, kinda "posh" living in a nice area and with siblings and no swearing etc etc and got smothered by their parents up until their late teens and never had to fend for themselves out in the real world because their parents provided for them in every way, and being brought up like this meant that most the people they interacted with up until a certain age where roughly from the same social class so when they finally got out of their parents protective bubble they didn't really know a lot of the basic lessons in life and how tough it can be so they found it pretty hard to adapt socially and felt uncomfortable in a lot of situations, which made them turn out kinda fedorary in a way

And on the other hand like 90% (maybe not literally) of the people i know grew up with just one parent in a pretty shitty area and were struggling financially or had other complications, and they're the ones that are usually the most social and confident and "normal" because they hadn't grown up with those rose tinted scuba goggles on and learned from a young age about just basic responsibilities and what life is actually like


i think you have to find a good balance of looking after your kids but letting the little fuckers learn from their own mistakes by leaving them to it until they understand WHY they're in a young offenders institute at 9 years old

CreamLord
Posts: 3943
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:55 pm
Location: Marshy farmland

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by CreamLord » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:57 pm

RKM wrote:don't bite my swag
Smd
Image
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

User avatar
m8son666
moist
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: MODERATOR
Contact:

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by m8son666 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Yeah for sure sheff, i guess it depends on what you would consider a 'good' upbringing, which of course is impossible to define.
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.

User avatar
ehbes
Posts: 19109
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by ehbes » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Reverb wrote:show him a picture of ehbes and say "is this who you wanna be?"
it isn't a look, its a lifestyle
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

OGLemon
Posts: 5153
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by OGLemon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:16 pm


User avatar
ehbes
Posts: 19109
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by ehbes » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:31 pm

the seersucker shorts are quite nice
Paypal me $2 for a .wav of Midnight
https://soundcloud.com/artend
Dead Rats wrote:Mate, these chaps are lads.

Molzie
Posts: 7566
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:09 am
Location: CHCH, NZ

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by Molzie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:42 pm


User avatar
Genevieve
Posts: 8775
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: 6_6

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by Genevieve » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Sheff wrote:
m8son wrote:
Genevieve wrote: But its not just fedora types, but any socially oblivious subculture. Often their parents don't like it or look down on it,
yeah although i think if a kids brought up properly then they wouldn't be apart of a socially oblivious subculture, unless they have autism or the like and in which case i doubt much a parent could say would make a difference.
I dunno man i dont think its that simple, like i know a couple people who got raised in a stereotypical "perfect family", mum and dad both happily married and financially well off, kinda "posh" living in a nice area and with siblings and no swearing etc etc and got smothered by their parents up until their late teens and never had to fend for themselves out in the real world because their parents provided for them in every way, and being brought up like this meant that most the people they interacted with up until a certain age where roughly from the same social class so when they finally got out of their parents protective bubble they didn't really know a lot of the basic lessons in life and how tough it can be so they found it pretty hard to adapt socially and felt uncomfortable in a lot of situations, which made them turn out kinda fedorary in a way

And on the other hand like 90% (maybe not literally) of the people i know grew up with just one parent in a pretty shitty area and were struggling financially or had other complications, and they're the ones that are usually the most social and confident and "normal" because they hadn't grown up with those rose tinted scuba goggles on and learned from a young age about just basic responsibilities and what life is actually like


i think you have to find a good balance of looking after your kids but letting the little fuckers learn from their own mistakes by leaving them to it until they understand WHY they're in a young offenders institute at 9 years old
Yeah, put children in a bubble in their formative years, one that can be easily created by their parents and school or other institutions (churches), and seemingly well adepted children will turn into obviously messed up adults. It's not just neglectful parenting or autism or mental illness that can create unadepted adults
Image

namsayin

:'0

Head of the DSF Hebrew Awareness Society

User avatar
legend4ry
Posts: 10589
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:56 am
Location: Woolwich
Contact:

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by legend4ry » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:06 pm

I was a bit of a skate rat when I was a young teen, I didn't exactly 'grow out of it' but I certainly grew up - my old dear just got worried at me being 14 and getting stoned/drunk urrday and not going to school, she didn't care how I dressed, what I listened to or acted outside of the drink/drugs.

Everyone has blunder years, some grow up and some don't. I know if I ever have kids they're going to be a bit weird, I would just show them that you don't have to be like everyone else but you have to learn when to tone it down.
Soulstep wrote: My point is i just wanna hear more vibes
Soundcloud

User avatar
Genevieve
Posts: 8775
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: 6_6

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by Genevieve » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:24 pm

legend4ry wrote:Everyone has blunder years, some grow up and some don't. I know if I ever have kids they're going to be a bit weird, I would just show them that you don't have to be like everyone else but you have to learn when to tone it down.
Yeah I agree. I don't think you have to teach a kid to forget about being an individual, but they should be made aware of how the way they wish to express themselves actually is interpreted by their peers. Have them make an informed decision at least.

Like the fedora types, they seem oblivious as to why they don't get a girlfriend and they truly think that wearing a fedora will make them look "classy". Now I wouldn't force my hypothetical son to not wear it and behave differently, but I think it would be smart to make him aware of how he's actually making himself look.

I made this thread because I randomly thought about this dorky kid (that page is trying to play this off like a joke now, but I don't believe it), thinking "where were the parents in this?". It's kinda funny, but at the same time I also feel bad for the kid and he looks kinda oblivious to me.
Image

namsayin

:'0

Head of the DSF Hebrew Awareness Society

OGLemon
Posts: 5153
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by OGLemon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:34 pm

is fedora wearing a middle class phenomenon?

User avatar
legend4ry
Posts: 10589
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:56 am
Location: Woolwich
Contact:

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by legend4ry » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:50 pm

I think its just an extension of the nerds getting to the age where they're like 'we're so much better than the cool kids' and start dressing like that cause its 'grown up and classy' which is how they feel inside but don't actually know what they look like on the outside haha.

Even the middle class 'cool' kids are fucking weird though. The school nearest my secondary was a private grammar school so I saw loads of the cultures what middle class teenagers had compared to my school full of degenerates.
Soulstep wrote: My point is i just wanna hear more vibes
Soundcloud

OGLemon
Posts: 5153
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by OGLemon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Have you guys ever noticed how a lot of fedoras seem to be very reactionary

User avatar
m8son666
moist
Posts: 6580
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: MODERATOR
Contact:

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by m8son666 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:17 pm

i might do a sociology masters so i can research the fedora mindset
Soundcloud
kay wrote:We kept pointing at his back and (quietly) telling people "That's M8son...."
wolf89 wrote:I really don't think I'm a music snob.

User avatar
Genevieve
Posts: 8775
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: 6_6

Re: If you had a teenage kid who was becoming a socially ine

Post by Genevieve » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:18 pm

OGLemon wrote:Have you guys ever noticed how a lot of fedoras seem to be very reactionary
You mean as a 'fuck you' to people knowing that they're against them, or reactionary to "their past selves" where they believed they weren't classy enough and had to change their atire?
Image

namsayin

:'0

Head of the DSF Hebrew Awareness Society

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests