Ferguson riots

Off Topic (Everything besides dubstep)
Forum rules
Please read and follow this sub-forum's specific rules listed HERE, as well as our sitewide rules listed HERE.

Link to the Secret Ninja Sessions community ustream channel - info in this thread
nowaysj

Re: Ferguson riots

Post by nowaysj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:50 am

I could be a level 3 pangolin.

Join Me
DiegoSapiens wrote:oh fucking hell now i see how on point was nowaysj
Soundcloud

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:10 am

"They assumed the risk for walking out of the house (and staying in their house)."

Stop trying to force this tired logic man. You know this is a load of horseshit. Total utility unequivocally increases when firearms are removed from a society, no matter how you try to fudge the numbers.

I've managed to get by just fine without a gun, and so have the majority of Americans, almost all Britons, and most other Europeans, Canadians, etc.

How bout this - get rid of all guns in America, but NWJ gets to keep one (and only one) gun. That's it. And that's only because I trust you
Phigure wrote:a life permanently spent off road

not the life for me

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:43 am

jags wrote:"They assumed the risk for walking out of the house (and staying in their house)."

Stop trying to force this tired logic man. You know this is a load of horseshit. Total utility unequivocally increases when firearms are removed from a society, no matter how you try to fudge the numbers.
I'm not forcing anything, and it is hardly tired. It just is how it is, despite your desire for it to be otherwise. States with more concealed carry permits have lower rates of murder and violent crime. Cities with the strictest gun control have the highest rates. It is patently obvious to anyone that is honestly looking at the data, and not regurgitating MSNBC.

Here are some total fringe people that support that premise, and support Lott's research (get a load of these nut jobs):
William M. Landes is the Clifton R. Musser Professor Emeritus of Law and Economics, and Senior
Lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School. Mr. Landes has written widely on the application of
economics and quantitative methods to law and legal institutions, including multiple victim public
shootings, hijacking of airplanes, and the bail system. Landes has been an editor of the Journal of Law
and Economics (1975-1991) and the Journal of Legal Studies (1991–2000), is past president of the
American Law and Economics Association, and is a member of the American Economic Association, the
Mont Pelerin Society, and the Council of Economic Advisers of the American Enterprise Institute. He is
also a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.

Total crackpot! Professor of law at the University of Chicago... I mean, really, what does that guy know? I bet he has stock in the company that makes saturday night specials. And a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences... we're talking about guns dude, not ballerinas.

J. Scott Armstrong is a professor at the Wharton Business School of the University of Pennsylvania. He is internationally known for his pioneering work on forecasting methods. Most recently, his research activities have involved forecasting for terrorism and conflicts. He is author of Long-Range Forecasting, the most frequently cited book on forecasting methods. He is a co-founder of the Journal of Forecasting, the International Journal of Forecasting, the International Symposium on Forecasting, and forecastingprinciples.com. He is a co-developer of new methods including rule-based forecasting, causal forces for extrapolation, simulated interaction, structured analogies, and the “index method.” In addition to forecasting, Professor Armstrong has published papers on survey research, educational
methods, applied statistics, social responsibility, strategic planning, and scientific peer review.

Again, Wharton Business School, wtf is that? Is that where people learn how to manage, like, a McDonalds? Why don't you forcast deez nuts Armstrong?

Arthur Z. Berg, M.D.
is a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and former
member of the APA Violence Task Force. He was founding Psychiatrist-in-Chief at Beverly Hospital
(emeritus) and former Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.

Here we go with these fringe dudes from no name academic institutions, probably picked up his degree from a mail order catalog. And come on, Berg, like Iceberg right, his uncle probably sunk the freaking titanic. Wait a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, does that mean he gets the magazine? And a member of the APA's Violence Task Force? Is that like where you wear fake eyelashes, white suits with cod pieces and beat people with billy clubs while listening to whack music made by some transsexual with a modular synth?

Also a Professor of Psych at Harvard? Probably really good at head games.

Tim Groseclose is the Marvin Hoffenberg Professor of American Politics at UCLA. He holds appointments
in the political science and economics departments at the university. In 1987, he received his B.S. in
Mathematical Sciences from Stanford University. In 1992, he received his PhD from Stanford’s Graduate
School of Business.

As a graduate of UCLA, I can tell you it ain't shit. The girls are incredible, but beyond that, like classes and studies, and research and shit, nah, not happening. And a B.S. in Mathematical Sciences from Stanford University, I mean, I rest my case right there, he bs's with mathematics, and check out this guy, picking up another degree from Stanford, a PhD, oh what dude, you couldn't get in anywhere else? Was there only one school in California back then?

And in all honesty, Tim Groseclose, like your name rhymes with itself, and it rhymes with gross. That's two rhymes too many.

Jonathan M. Karpoff is the Washington Mutual Endowed Chair in Innovation Professor of Finance at the University of Washington Foster School of Business. He is the associate editor for the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Management Science, Managerial and Decision Sciences, and The North American Journal of Economics
and Finance.

Boring! Like you don't have stacks of PhD's? And how many journals can you edit dude? Compensating for those missing degrees? And it's a TARPON, how many times do I have to tell you.

Joyce Lee Malcolm is the Patrick Henry Professor of Constitutional Law and the Second Amendment at George Mason University Law School. She has a Ph.D. in history. She has held positions at Princeton University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and
Cambridge University. Malcolm also served as the Director, Division of Research Programs for the National Endowment for the Humanities during 2005-2006.

Professor at George Mason University Law School. Probably wears tweed suits. PhD in history, see, we're talking about the present. What does this bitch know? And check this, held positions at Princeton, MIT, and Cambridge... first of all, never heard of them, and second she was probably, like, the hot receptionist that kept getting her bosses fired.

Scott E. Masten is Professor of Business Economics and Public Policy in the University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross School of Business, where he has been a faculty member since 1984. A leading scholar in the area of transaction cost economics, Professor Masten’s research focuses on issues at the intersection of law, economics, and organization. In addition to his primary appointment, he has held appointments as the Louis and Myrtle Moskowitz Research Professor in Business and Law at Michigan, John M. Olin Faculty Research Fellow at Yale Law School, John M. Olin Distinguished Visiting Professor of Law at the University of Virginia Law School, and Visiting Professor in the University of Michigan Law School. He was President of the International Society for New Institutional Economics in 2008-09, is a co-editor of the Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, and serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Law, Economics & Organization and Managerial and Decision Economics.

Lol, University of Michigan? They have a football team right? And transaction cost economics, come on, you know he just made that up cause it sounds cool. And HERE WE GO, he was the John M. Olin Faculty Research Fellow at Yale Law School, Olin is the name of a corp that has as part of its business the manufacture of small arms, pretty easy to see the bias here, and Yale, haha, what state is that in, like Connecticut or Guam or something? Lol, Guam's not even a state, dude.

Carl Moody, Professor of Economics, William & Mary. Professor Moody has published extensively on the relationships between guns, crime and imprisonment in such academic journals as Criminology, Homicide Studies, the Journal of Law and Economics, the Journal of Legal Studies, and the Journal of Quantitative Criminology. He teaches mathematical economics and econometrics.

I can't see what this fuck would know about crime rates, violent crime or the usage of firearms? Plus check out his name, I wouldn't want that dude to have a gun.

J. Mark Ramseyer is the Mitsubishi Professor of Japanese Legal Studies at Harvard University Law School. Prior to coming to Harvard, Mark held tenured positions at the University of Chicago and UCLA and visiting positions at such places as the University of Tokyo, University of Virginia, Tel Aviv University, and University of Haifa. Among the vast array of topics that he has studied, he is an expert on the Japanese legal system including criminal law. In the field of criminal law and procedure, he has studied the relation between prosecutorial behavior, prosecutorial budgets, and conviction rates; the structure of the Japanese judiciary and its effect on the adjudication of politically charged cases; the relation between judicial background and the imposition of the death penalty; and the relation between court structure and conviction rates.

Lol, Mitsubishi is making law professors now? Those crafty Japanese, what are they going to make next? And again, Harvard Law, probably friends with that "Iceberg" dude. They're probably in on it together. Totally faking statistics so people can have guns and shoot each other! I wouldn't trust this guy.

Paul H. Rubin is the Samuel Candler Dobbs Professor of Economics at Emory University, and Editor in Chief of Managerial and Decision Economics. He has been president of the Southern Economic Association. His research interests have included crime, the death penalty, and gun control. He received his B.A. from the University of Cincinnati in 1963 and his Ph.D. from Purdue University in 1970. He is a
Fellow of the Public Choice Society, a Senior Fellow at the Progress and Freedom Foundation, an Adjunct Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and the Georgia Public Policy Foundation, and former Vice President of the Southern Economics Association. Dr. Rubin has been Senior Staff Economist at President Reagan’s Council of Economic Advisers, Chief Economist at the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Director of Advertising Economics at the Federal Trade Commission, and vice-president of Glassman-Oliver Economic Consultants, Inc., a litigation consulting firm in Washington.

One word, Reagan. Nuff said. This dude is a bitch, and is probably a liar, like all the rest.
jags wrote:I've managed to get by just fine without a gun, and so have the majority of Americans, almost all Britons, and most other Europeans, Canadians, etc.
You've managed to get by because you've been a child all your life and have been protected. When it is your responsibility to protect, talk to me, I'll give you the inside track. All the Americans who have been beat, robbed, raped, and murdered didn't get by just fine. The Britons can go fuck themselves, except for beany, that dude is cool as shit, thinking about putting him up for coolest white guy ever. But they had a significant rise in violent crime after their school shooting induced gun ban, and still incidents like Cumbria happen. The other Europeans? Like the ones that looked like sticks, and stacked like firewood, and burned just as well? How'd they fair? The 10 million Ukrainians that were genocided by the Bolsheviks, I bet they wish they had some rifles with scopes, might have had a little bread for their kids? Canadians, one, highest donut consumption rate in the world... do I need to go on? Two, they've got plenty of guns in Canada.

You've gotta stop getting your information from John Stewart and Rachel Maddow, dude (if they are, in fact, separate people). They're telling you what to believe, and if you take that to heart, you are going to be much, much worse off for it.
jags wrote:How bout this - get rid of all guns in America, but NWJ gets to keep one (and only one) gun. That's it. And that's only because I trust you
You get rid of all guns, and all weapons, or anything that can be used as a weapon in the world, and you've got yourself a deal. ;-)
Join Me
Soundcloud

Harkat

Post by Harkat » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:14 am

So basically, knowing the violent crime and especially gun crime statistics in Europe don't support your argument, you equate the world wars with gun crime?
RKM wrote: when bae hands u the aux mixtape and your squad blunted 9/11 aye lmao

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:15 am

I'm only replying to those bottom few paragraphs cause the rest is tl;dr.

you have no idea where i get my education nwj, so stop pretending like you do. you need to stop relying on ad hominem attacks about other peoples' lives. where i receive an education, the classes i take, and the online databases of journals and sources that i have access to is my own business. the entertainment news that i choose to watch in my spare time is a tiny fraction of my total education.

"gunowners.org" though ....... a card i wouldn't pull if you wouldn't continue talking about my life as if you know everything about it.

i've managed to get by living in a predominantly minority (oh no!) urban area by myself. never had a single problem. i treat everyone i see with respect and they respect me back. i imagine if i reached into my waistband and gave the evil eye to every "thug" that walked past me, things might be a bit different.

are you referencing the holocaust or something? classic nwj red herring. using the same red herrings over and over again unfortunately doe not increase their effectiveness :(

The numbers don't lie nwj. The bottom line is all that mattters - total utility unequivocally increases when guns are removed from society. This is based on indisputable facts.
Last edited by DrGatineau on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

not the life for me

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:17 am

I think it's time to stop derailing this thread though, quit the lengthy tirades pls

"total utility unequivocally increases when guns are removed from society" - the most important fact relevant to this conversation

not the life for me

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:22 am

Harkat wrote:So basically, knowing the violent crime and especially gun crime statistics in Europe don't support your argument, you equate the world wars with gun crime?
I equate the gun confiscations that proceeded those genocides with the confiscations that are being attempted here in the US. Those genocides were potentiated by the disarming of those to be executed en masse by the state. A reliable trend in mass murder.
Join Me
Soundcloud

Phigure

Post by Phigure » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:33 am

nobody is attempting to confiscate guns in the us (unfortunately)

also i dont see genocide happening in the uk or elsewhere, where people dont really have guns / gun laws are stricter

its not as if guys like you, no matter how many guns you have, are going to be able to stop the military (or even militarized police forces) from easily dealing with you... this isnt the days of the revolutionary war any more. gun owners in the US often seem to have this fantasy where they imagine themselves as some sort of guerrilla resistance against the rule of a tyrannical government and restores FREEDOM TO AMERICA. imo the whole reason the revolutionary war is taught and revered so much in the US is to drill exactly that kind of mentality into american heads from the day they pop out of the womb
j_j wrote:^lol
Soundcloud | Twitter

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:59 am

jags wrote:you need to stop relying on ad hominem attacks about other peoples' lives.
That's just putting a little sabor in it, to keep it from getting totally dry. I don't know much about your life. I know your information about crime and self defense in America is patently incorrect, anytime you are presented with eminent authorities who apolitically state that fact, you ignore it, and that you keep restating falsehoods without any kind of support, all this leads me to believe you have not critically evaluated your ideas on gun control, and are simply repeating it. You hide behind false claims of red herrings, and your bleeding wounds from my vicious ad hominem attacks, but the only thing of substance you've expressed is a desire to live in a peaceful world. I share that desire. But I know there are dangerous people and institutions in the world, and I'm going to do my best to protect myself from them.

jags wrote:"gunowners.org" though ....... a card i wouldn't pull if you wouldn't continue talking about my life as if you know everything about it.
I don't know what gunowners.org is, but if I'm reading your double negative correctly, you are pulling that card? I'm considering it pulled. :o

jags wrote:i've managed to get by living in a predominantly minority (oh no!) urban area by myself. never had a single problem. i treat everyone i see with respect and they respect me back. i imagine if i reached into my waistband and gave the evil eye to every "thug" that walked past me, things might be a bit different.
You are so edgy, dude, you've been around minorities? Your bravery is definitely noted. Big up! I'm glad that you've never had a problem. I hope you never have a problem, ever. But, I bet you're going to have a problem, and you're going to be totally unable to deal with the problem because of the choices you've made. When a crazy person, a high person, a desperate person comes at you with a knife, totally just give them respect, you'll be fine. When a car with four dudes in it drives by and starts popping off, just give em some respect, and it will be all good. Also, if you keep reaching into your waistband every time you walk past a dude, I'm afraid you may start receiving the wrong kind of attention.
jags wrote:are you referencing the holocaust or something? classic nwj red herring. using the same red herrings over and over again unfortunately doe not increase their effectiveness :(
It appears restating facts over and over again is not increasing my effectiveness either. The Jewish holocaust was preceded by a law disallowing Jews from possessing firearms. This isn't a red herring, it is historical fact. But you may be right, the fact that Germany first disarmed the Jews before they rounded them up, pulled the gold from their mouths, skinned their children alive, and burned or buried the rest probably didn't have anything to do with the holocaust, BECAUSE the Jews were first mentally disarmed, a state you find yourself in today.

The US federal government, whom everyone around the world seems so ready to liken to the Nazzi's of Germany could impose any type of restriction or control (including terminal, no doubt under the banner of total utility, how ironic!) on you and there is absolutely nothing you could do about it. You have very quickly diminishing redress.
jags wrote:The numbers don't lie nwj.
You're right, they don't, they completely support the opinions I've expressed in this thread.

Lemme tl'dr for you, you're wrong again, sorry. :Q:
Join Me
Soundcloud

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:39 am

Phigure wrote:nobody is attempting to confiscate guns in the us (unfortunately)
They certainly are. You still keeping up with Cali? Briefly, I'll give you Leland Yee a hero of the progressives in this state who valiantly fought to close loopholes and restrict access to firearms in this state. He fought the good fight until, unfortunately, he was caught in a sting where he attempted to broker a deal for $2.5 million dollars worth of illegal arms, including some actually heavy shit like shoulder fired rockets. But he SO HONESTLY proclaimed gun control was a good thing... how could a politician have lied? I really don't know...

You can search for my posts on here, immediately after Obama's second term election, I detected a precipitous shift in media reporting about guns. This definitely was the opening salvo in a larger push for gun control, at the state and federal level. Laws were passed across the states (some of those lawmakers were then recalled, lol for them), but ultimately the feds backed off due to concerted and vocal effort by people that have actually read the constitution (or are even aware we have a constitution). They tried other methods, through market manipulation, haha, but they only increased demand for goods and profits for those in the industry. I could put up thirty clips of federal authorities talking about how they want to restrict gun rights, but I'll spare you.
Phigure wrote:also i dont see genocide happening in the uk or elsewhere, where people dont really have guns / gun laws are stricter
Okay, lemme paraphrase for you, a sophomore at one of the finest educational institutions in the country, because you don't see something happening right now, this instant, it can't happen in the future. Got you. If that is the case, I'm sleeping in, cause the sun will never rise.

Phigure wrote:its not as if guys like you, no matter how many guns you have, are going to be able to stop the military (or even militarized police forces) from easily dealing with you...
Guys like me are in the military and the militarized police force. We're everywhere dude. You have no idea who would be for the people or against the people. The US military could not hold the entirety of the US in a full on revolution. They could not hold Iraq, they could not hold Afghanistan. They could not maintain food, water, power or medical services in the US. Yes, the military can blow shit up. Yes, the military can stack up on a house and easily kill the people inside, shit they can do it from orbit, we've seen them burn all those kids in Waco, we know what they're capable of. It doesn't matter. You have no idea the preparations that have been made. No idea.
Phigure wrote:this isnt the days of the revolutionary war any more.
I know right, there couldn't be any revolutions in the world these days. Just couldn't happen.

Phigure wrote:gun owners in the US often seem to have this fantasy where they imagine themselves as some sort of guerrilla resistance against the rule of a tyrannical government and restores FREEDOM TO AMERICA.
There are some major mall ninjas out there, dude, no doubt! :lol: There are also a lot of people that have seen our way of life destroyed very quickly, they see that there is no opportunity to advance, they see that their kids are likely to be worse off then themselves, and their grand kids even worse still. They see decadence in the permanent ruling class. They see moral filth being pushed to their children in every channel. Your sweet 'liberal' sources tell you they are the dumb and evil republicans, but they're not. And then there are the very serious people that have given a lot of their lives to the military who are now walking the streets, they're seeing the growing poverty, the death of the middle class, they're seeing to big to fail, to big to prosecute, they're reading the headlines about the evisceration of the bill of rights and more generally the diminishing rule of law in their own country, when they themselves went out (on a fools errand) to establish the rule of law around the world. The clock is ticking. I encourage you pacifists to do what you can now to restore the rule of law in America.
Phigure wrote:imo the whole reason the revolutionary war is taught and revered so much in the US is to drill exactly that kind of mentality into american heads from the day they pop out of the womb
You're not an American, but you are right to see that, as it is the truth. America is a revolutionary nation, founded by revolutionaries, and founded on revolutionary ideas.

My eagle is shedding a tear that you don't share them.
Join Me
Soundcloud

AxeD

Post by AxeD » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:12 am

What about 1 week a year where everyone is allowed to take out their guns and do whatever
they want. Like a free for all. Anyone that doesn't support the right to carry can fuck off to Cuba.

The name 'free for all' would actually be a nice marketable option too. I might become the first
Dutch president of the United States.
Agent 47 wrote:Next time I can think of something, I will.

CreamLord

Post by CreamLord » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:22 am

So like the purge for a week?
m8son wrote:yh a bit of extra knob fiddling is ok
Anal A$ap....Keep living dat #PLUR life....To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea.... Swag
Instagram Soundcloud

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:34 am

AxeD wrote:I might become the first Dutch president of the United States.
:a: Martin Van Buren, 8th president. You could be his great, great, great grandson though, you look so much alike.

Join Me
Soundcloud

bennyfroobs

Post by bennyfroobs » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:50 am

nowaysj wrote:You're not an American, but you are right to see that, as it is the truth. America is a revolutionary nation, founded by revolutionaries, and founded on revolutionary ideas.
genocide isn't a revolutionary idea ;)
TopManLurka wrote:FTR, requirements for being a 'head':

-you have to be youngsta
-you must have been in that infamous room of ten people.
-a DMZ release is preferable but not necessary.
-please note that being youngsta is mandatory.

kidshuffle

Post by kidshuffle » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:10 pm

Im not gunna bother quoting nwj but yeah we have a lot of guns up here. The feds are actually planning on relaxing regulations too...

My boss apparently has a magnum. I asked him to give it to me but he said no :(
Beats/Facebook/Twitter
Laszlo wrote:
nowaysj wrote:Look at when Jedi's die, and then they become kind of shimmery and holographic.
.... 2Pac was a Jedi?? :corntard:

DrGatineau

Post by DrGatineau » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:52 pm

I mean, America does have more than 3x the number of guns Canada has, per capita, but Canada still has some of the strictest gun control regulations in the world - stringent background checks, waiting periods, etc.

NWJ if you really wanna make a difference before America reaches this apocalyptic state you are so worried about, why don't you focus your efforts on fixing the system and getting money out of politics instead of fearfully clinging to guns and screaming and yelling about the apocalypse like that priest from Deadwood.

not the life for me

sixs

Post by sixs » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:41 pm

noways, i think we can stop calling these things 'isolated incidents' when they happen on an almost daily basis
taters on that as we jack it

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:05 pm

bennyfroobs wrote:
nowaysj wrote:You're not an American, but you are right to see that, as it is the truth. America is a revolutionary nation, founded by revolutionaries, and founded on revolutionary ideas.
genocide isn't a revolutionary idea ;)
That'd be a knee slapper if it weren't so true. :(
Join Me
Soundcloud

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:17 pm

jags wrote:fearfully clinging to guns and screaming and yelling about the apocalypse like that priest from Deadwood.
I identify with Al.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Q7YRDL90E
Join Me
Soundcloud

nowaysj

Post by nowaysj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:25 pm

sixs wrote:noways, i think we can stop calling these things 'isolated incidents' when they happen on an almost daily basis
What are we talking about again, you shitting your pants? Agreed.

Join Me
Soundcloud